Balancing concerns with potential solutions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Balancing concerns with potential solutions

Postby soulsynapse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Raising chickens isn't viable.
Dunno if this has been talked about but right now the rate you can raise chickens compared to the rate you can raise veggies makes it so raising any largos whose favorite food is only chickens isn't really efficient compared to veggies

Potential solution: The chickens cap at 12, but all the other foods give 15 a day. Also, you have to leave a bunch of chickens in there to make sure that they make enough chicks. Instead, make the chicken cap 15 or 20 (so you can leave a few in there to make more chicks) and have chick production reach the cap every day

--------------------------------------

Free roaming largos suck
I'd like to leave some stuff free roaming but sucking up plorts from largos is a huge pain!

Solution: Maybe a ranch-only toggle for the vac to only suck up plorts?
Solution 2: A science module that will suck up plorts that are sitting in the open (can double as an anti tar thing too)
soulsynapse
Plort

Re: Balancing concerns with potential solutions

Postby Ameisenfutter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 am

I really can't say enough how much I wish for the latter to be ingame. Keeping slimes free roaming is a pain in the ass right now. We really need a free roaming plort auto collector.
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Postby Bloo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 am

We need a Roomba-like robot that scoots around and picks up free range plorts and deposits them in the nearest silo. :)
Or heck, maybe it could even get veggies and fruit on the ground, too.

Mechanics-wise, it doesn't even have to -really- pick anything up, physically, it could simply roam around an area visually and just give the effect that any plorts lying outside a Corral will immediately be teleported to a free silo slot.
Bloo
Chickadoo

Postby HIME » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm

That's why you have to choose between regular farming (in corrals) or free roaming. Free roaming is easier, contains more slimes, but is harder to pick plorts up, so yeah, it's a trade-off.
I like puddle slimes. They are cute.
I'm a roostro king. No slime shall eat me. More than 1 trillion chickens bow towards me.
Visit my favorite forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4274
Plz read FAQ before posting questions...
HIME
Rancher

Postby Ameisenfutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 am

No, a Slime-Science or 7Zee solution would be endgame content, so corrals would still be a good choice since they are available early on. Plus, they keep those dangerous slimes away from you.
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Return to General Discussion