Do plorts despawn?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Do plorts despawn?

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:03 am

I've been saving plorts lately (gotta get up to that million you know) and because I don't have any real space to put them at the moment I've been putting them all in an empty coral until their prices go up. I had a pretty nice pile going but it looks like the pile is shrinking. I never actually counted how many I'd put in there but the pile apears to be smaller than I last remember. Am I seeing things or do plorts actually despawn?
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Re: Do plorts despawn?

Postby DarkCreature97 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:59 am

Yes they do
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:46 am

I hope there wasn't a Gold plort there, I would get really mad if I lost a Gold Plort(It actually happened to me, but because I knocked myself out)
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:59 am

GreatRancher wrote:I hope there wasn't a Gold plort there, I would get really mad if I lost a Gold Plort(It actually happened to me, but because I knocked myself out)
Oh no, thank goodness not! I have them stored away in a silo. I'm saving them for the refinery.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 am

even so, they typically take about 3days to despawn i think?
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Raxel920 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:04 am

NoticeMeGenki wrote:
GreatRancher wrote:I hope there wasn't a Gold plort there, I would get really mad if I lost a Gold Plort(It actually happened to me, but because I knocked myself out)
Oh no, thank goodness not! I have them stored away in a silo. I'm saving them for the refinery.

You can't put Gold Plorts in the refinery. they'll just bounce off the hole.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 am

exactly. so you save them just in case they're ever needed. it's not like it's really worth selling them. they're worth more as just trophies. i have i think 17 atm? not counting that one i accidentally sold. i'd love to fill that up to 100 someday, but as it stands now i rarely get any time to explore. on the upside, the world seems a bit less stale now on the rare occasions that i do get to go out.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:44 am

Plorts despawn after a few days. This is so that the range doesn't slowly fill up with them and so players don't have giant piles of them lying around.
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:49 am

you say that, but i'd personally love to have a corral filled to the brim with plorts lmao. i'll just have to settle for filling one with excess extractor resources which i know don't depsawn cuz i've had the pile of primordy oil and buzz wax in the corner of my barn for weeks now xP got a long way to go before i can start hoarding other items there though. turns out tarr-proofing the entire world takes loads of spiral steam.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:01 am

I'd love to see that too, but your computer would not, heh
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 am

this is a proper gaming pc. that i actually got for slime rancher since my old one was really old and i wanted to play slime rancher while i recovered from my wisdom teeth. it was the final push for me to finally go through with it lol. so thanks for that i guess? it's more a matter if you've made the game capable of handling it. i've grown star plants in Grow Up to the point of making my save completely unplayable with how much it was trying to render. i think a couple thousand resources from extractors will be manageable. xD

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 am

It's less about objects to render and more about physics. Even a proper gaming pc will struggle when thousands of physics objects are tumbling about in a scene. So, we do what we can to limit things like that so stuff like slime physics has room to breathe.
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am

i have noticed that slimes now despawn in the wild if you try to have too many existing at once. though i've also noticed that some people have been getting a bug where they spawn infinitely lmao. it'd probably be easier since they're just stationary objects as opposed to slimes jumping around. anyway i think we're pretty off topic at this point. feel kinda bad for dragging you of all people into that lol. still, i find it a good sign that you have time to pop in some threads now. haven't seen you around here much compared to your twitter. we can continue to talk if you want through pms or something, but it's more than understandable if you have other things to do as the lead dev on the game and all. i'll be playing pokemon uranium to keep me busy until the update. xP

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion