10 more things to change/add on Slime Rancher

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

10 more things to change/add on Slime Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 am

The title says all.

1)Slime Lack:
In your firsts in-game days playing the game, you'll find big variery of Slimes, but, while the game continues, you find everytime less slimes. It's probably coincidence or just me, but I don't see any Phosphor or Lucky Slimes. The last day I saw a Lucky Slime was day 57, and now I'm day 83!I even saw lots of Golden Slimes. Also, then, with Phosphor Slimes, I have been so much times in The Ruins at night and they don't show up, it's just that they don't spawn there?Or I'm blind?

2)Ponds:
They only have an use to range Puddle Slimes(Without counting free water). I don't see no point for it. Why it couldn't been an upgrade of the Corral and just that like with Phosphor Slimes?

3)The Incinerator is totally useless:
Two words:ITS-USELESS. I even thought it wasn't anymore in the game. It's just dumb, it is only useful for two achievements and that's all, Tarr forms rarely in ranch so, I suggest a major use for another thing like Slime Science.

4)No more...biomes?
The game has only 3 big lands+Glass Dessert coming+The Ruins(That is more or less a new area). It feels sometimes so empty and so peaceful. I don't say, now lets make every super harder, Tarrs everywhere, every slime is harmful, no, but, I would like a bigger world to explore.

5)More modes.
This is coming also, but, I wanted to put some ideas.
Slime Fever:This mode would look similar to 5-Day Rush, in this one you have five days to fill corrals that you have to buy with the biggest amount of slimes, and every slime is a point, the most rare ones are the ones that give you more points. Golden and Lucky ones don't count. Also, if a slime gets out of his corral, you will loose that slime value point unless you put it in the corral again.
Research Marathon:This is simple, in this one there's not time limit. You have to complete the Slimepedia the most quick possible.

6)Original Slimes.
I don't say the slimes are bad, I think they are well, but most of them are just copies with a different favourite food. Pink-Honey-Golden|Rock-Crystal|Tabby-Hunter-Lucky|Phosphor-Quantum, and I don't want the next to happen but it's possible:Rad-Mosaic|Boom-Meteor|Puddle-???. I hope the last Plort in the Plort Market is from a great slime that has his own way to be.

7)Not only for Science.
Another use for the extractor resources like:Pump resources could be use to regenerate energy quick, Apiary resources for taming slimes and Drill ones, to apart and scare them.

8)Create our own slime
Crazy idea but, I don't see why we can't create a final Slime that is special and how we want using another slimes form?Then we could put them in one of the game areas and there they will reproduce and become a stable slime that spawn there...but I think is unnecessary to make our own slime.

9)Name our Slimes
Yes...this has been requested so much times so I will resume:A fashion pod that will let us name our slimes.
The End

10)Multiplayer in early access before 1.0.0
No

Real 10)...
Just something...if the Far, Far Range is so tiny, WHERE ARE THE OTHER NPC'S LIVING!??!?!?!Its a mystery and it will be a mystery for ever.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Re: 10 more things to change/add on Slime Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:24 am

My thoughts on this:
1. It's probably a coincidence.
2. Because I dunno.
3. I agree.
4. Dunno what to say about that. Maybe there will be more zones, or maybe there won't be more?
5. Nice ideas!
6. They are already original.
7. Interesting.
8. Maybe?
9. I want that too.
10. They are living somewhere, that's for sure. But really, I'm not sure if the devs will expand on this idea and add the other NPC's ranches for you to visit.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 pm

1. food seems to not regrow if you don't visit it for a while. i've often come to areas after not leaving my ranch for an extended period and see fruit rot and poof away right on the tree.
2. it's been requested for a long time that the pond gets some upgrades. it wouldn't say it's unlikely to happen, but the devs probably have other priorities.
3. i forget where, but i think it was said at some point the incinerator may be removed. especially now that hydro turrets are a thing. it'd make the achievements for it a nice little trophy if only people that had the game this early can get it lol.
4. the glass desert was always meant to be the "end game" area, but there's no telling where the devs might decide to go with the game once it hits 1.0
5. like you said, new modes are on the way. but slime fever sounds a bit to repetitive for a whole mode for it imo. perhaps a slime arcade mini-game type area would be cool with various things like slimeball and tarr defense and such.
6. i personally think it's rather fitting to have similar slimes with different variants depending on where they live. it makes the world feel a bit more natural. that being said, not every slime needs to be related to another. and i personally think quantums are more closely related to rads just cuz of the whole "sciencey" thing.
7. idk about using the extractors for anything else in particular, but i would like to see more actual "gadtets" in slime science. most of the things are decorations which is cool and all, but they're still called gadgets which doesn't really make sense to me.
8. the final slime likely wouldn't be a make-your-own slime since that just seems like a lot of hassle for such a small part of the game. everyone has loads of areas and slimes thaat they suggest all the time- i think it'd be better left to potential mod support. however, i would love if the final slime was decided by a contest where the winner would get their slime officially put into the game. the devs seems pretty active with their community so i wouldn't put it past them.
9... nothing else to add really. i'm horrible with names, but i can see why others would want it.
10. i'm glad (for the sake of emerald's sanity) that someone actually gets the whole multiplayer thing.
real 10. i've launched up with an old glitch with a tabby gordo. the rendered world really isn't that big. there simply isn't room for other ranchers' areas along with your own lol.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:07 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:My thoughts on this:
1. It's probably a coincidence.
2. Because I dunno.
3. I agree.
4. Dunno what to say about that. Maybe there will be more zones, or maybe there won't be more?
5. Nice ideas!
6. They are already original.
7. Interesting.
8. Maybe?
9. I want that too.
10. They are living somewhere, that's for sure. But really, I'm not sure if the devs will expand on this idea and add the other NPC's ranches for you to visit.

1.Bad luck for me
2.Idk
3.Thanks!
4.Probably devs will end with Glass Desert, but I'm sure they will probably add more sub-zones.
5.Thanks x2
6.Well, more or less, I know they have own characteristics(Except Honey, is a lie), but they look is so similar that a rancher that is starting to ranch pink slimes couldn't difference a Rock from a Crystal slime(But then, luck)
7.I'm just suggesting, also,we could use food resources for science but...I see that weird for Slime Science.
8.Yeah, it looks more a fan suggestion that something to add
9.Everybody wants(Almost)
10.I know, but, so less map.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:23 am

PrismSlime wrote:1. food seems to not regrow if you don't visit it for a while. i've often come to areas after not leaving my ranch for an extended period and see fruit rot and poof away right on the tree.
2. it's been requested for a long time that the pond gets some upgrades. it wouldn't say it's unlikely to happen, but the devs probably have other priorities.
3. i forget where, but i think it was said at some point the incinerator may be removed. especially now that hydro turrets are a thing. it'd make the achievements for it a nice little trophy if only people that had the game this early can get it lol.
4. the glass desert was always meant to be the "end game" area, but there's no telling where the devs might decide to go with the game once it hits 1.0
5. like you said, new modes are on the way. but slime fever sounds a bit to repetitive for a whole mode for it imo. perhaps a slime arcade mini-game type area would be cool with various things like slimeball and tarr defense and such.
6. i personally think it's rather fitting to have similar slimes with different variants depending on where they live. it makes the world feel a bit more natural. that being said, not every slime needs to be related to another. and i personally think quantums are more closely related to rads just cuz of the whole "sciencey" thing.
7. idk about using the extractors for anything else in particular, but i would like to see more actual "gadtets" in slime science. most of the things are decorations which is cool and all, but they're still called gadgets which doesn't really make sense to me.
8. the final slime likely wouldn't be a make-your-own slime since that just seems like a lot of hassle for such a small part of the game. everyone has loads of areas and slimes thaat they suggest all the time- i think it'd be better left to potential mod support. however, i would love if the final slime was decided by a contest where the winner would get their slime officially put into the game. the devs seems pretty active with their community so i wouldn't put it past them.
9... nothing else to add really. i'm horrible with names, but i can see why others would want it.
10. i'm glad (for the sake of emerald's sanity) that someone actually gets the whole multiplayer thing.
real 10. i've launched up with an old glitch with a tabby gordo. the rendered world really isn't that big. there simply isn't room for other ranchers' areas along with your own lol.

1.This isn't not so much related but, that's weird, because in Slime Rancher the spawns have a time put on it, not like other games(But that were old games)that things spawn when the player ratius touches the point of spawn. Also, coincidence too.
2.I don't request upgrades, I request a major use.
3.Same as 2. I don't want the Incinerator to go really, and the Hydro Turrets are boring(Also that they look exactly as the Mario Galaxy ones .-.).
4.I know, also, the thing that the game reaches 1.0 doesn't mean no more actualizations, we are done with this game let's start another(Well, the last three words are possible).
5.Not bad Ideas, but I wouldn't play Tarr Defense if they don't make they harder(Thing that I suggested on the first)
6.Well, yes and no, it makes it more fitting, but also boring to see the same slime once, twice, thrice...99999999999 times(Also, Pink Slimes .v)
7.idk
8.NO!I don't say Let's put everyone slime in the game, I mean that in your OWN file, you create your own Slime, but you can't have everyone slime on the game, I'm not saying that. I'm suggesting that with tools we create by another slimes and beings ADN, a slime that is only yours, with a plort value that is by default the same as the Pink Slime.Having 100.000 different slimes in it would crash the game instantly.
9.Well, more names for me.
10.Nick didn't said that they weren't interested in multiplayer, but that they wouldn't add it in this stage of the game, knowing is only middle road of being a complete game.
Real 10.I also did with a very similar glitch with Tabby Largos.
11.Ermmm...there wans't an eleventh suggestion.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:23 am

PrismSlime wrote:1. food seems to not regrow if you don't visit it for a while. i've often come to areas after not leaving my ranch for an extended period and see fruit rot and poof away right on the tree.

1.This isn't not so much related but, that's weird, because in Slime Rancher the spawns have a time put on it, not like other games(But that were old games)that things spawn when the player ratius touches the point of spawn. Also, coincidence too.
2.I don't request upgrades, I request a major use.
3.Same as 2. I don't want the Incinerator to go really, and the Hydro Turrets are boring(Also that they look exactly as the Mario Galaxy ones .-.).
4.I know, also, the thing that the game reaches 1.0 doesn't mean no more actualizations, we are done with this game let's start another(Well, the last three words are possible).
5.Not bad Ideas, but I wouldn't play Tarr Defense if they don't make they harder(Thing that I suggested on the first)
6.Well, yes and no, it makes it more fitting, but also boring to see the same slime once, twice, thrice...99999999999 times(Also, Pink Slimes .v)
7.idk
8.NO!I don't say Let's put everyone slime in the game, I mean that in your OWN file, you create your own Slime, but you can't have everyone slime on the game, I'm not saying that. I'm suggesting that with tools we create by another slimes and beings ADN, a slime that is only yours, with a plort value that is by default the same as the Pink Slime.Having 100.000 different slimes in it would crash the game instantly.
9.Well, more names for me.
10.Nick didn't said that they weren't interested in multiplayer, but that they wouldn't add it in this stage of the game, knowing is only middle road of being a complete game.
Real 10.I also did with a very similar glitch with Tabby Largos.
11.Ermmm...there wasn't an eleventh suggestion.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:24 am

I double posted myself like when I started in the forums.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 pm

for the create your own slime thing, i just meant it'd be a bit of a pain to code different mechanics for loads of different slime (so you have a variety to choose from) if it's only for the one final slime. if you're going to go through that much trouble, i feel like they should just up the number of overall slimes in the first place. but then again, it's likely be one of the final parts of the game to work on around 1.0 release, so they might even be willing to go that far. idk really. and if they were going to do a proper tarr defense tinhg, i think they'd have to make other tarr like creatures. and then normal tarr would just be like starter stage enemies. a lot of people (myself included) have had ideas for a tarr boss of some sort which would work great with something like that. and really the ponds do have a lot of use just as a source of water. tarr, quantum's ghosting, rad's aura, and crystal's crystals all need water to be nullified. though i personally don't like taking water away from my puddles, i find it really difficult to deal with my quantums if i don't have some water on hand at all times. btw, i think the hydro turrets are meant to look like F.L.U.D.D. as a reference lol. idk if that's legit though.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Roxyfoxy811 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:19 pm

One thing I think would be a nice addition to the game would be the ability to decorate the corrals. It would work like the music box and calm the slimes down, and maybe different slimes would like different decorations.
Roxyfoxy811
Plort

Postby harmony124 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm

I think they should add a mini map too. The world is easy to get lost in.
harmony124
Plort

Postby GreatRancher » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 am

PrismSlime wrote:btw, i think the hydro turrets are meant to look like F.L.U.D.D. as a reference lol. idk if that's legit though.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Water_Shooter
This are the ones that look like Hydro Turrets.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby FishFruit14 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:13 pm

About the original slimes:

The quantum is not the relative of the phosphor

The honey is not the relative of the pink

If anything the puddle is the relative of the pink.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Return to General Discussion