recessive largo traits?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

recessive largo traits?

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Since slimes are essentially giant cells, I thought it'd be cool if there was a slim chance when creating a largo to have rare mutation occur where normally overwritten traits would become dominant. Like for instance, you might end up with blue boom/rock largo, or a rad/crystal with a purple glow. They'd still be from the normal source slimes so they wouldn't turn into tarr if kept with other largo of the same type, but you'd be able to have some unique rare slime on your ranch without having to mess with the code to get lucky or gold slimes.
Last edited by PrismSlime on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: recessive largo traits?

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 am

I like this idea!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby HappyRainbew » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:04 pm

I really like this, but would a tabby-pink largo look like a giant gray blob? Or would this be something for just some types of slimes.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 pm

well i'd think it'd mostly be color/pattern changes. any physical features of the base slimes would remain. a giant normal tabby slime would be kinda boring though. so either they just wouldn't have one, or maybe something a bit more subtle like a lighter pink mixing the tabby's light gray coloring with the bright pink of the other. or maybe a big gray tabby slime with pink stripes? it'd be harder to figure out for some than others.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby duskflower » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:35 pm

PrismSlime wrote:well i'd think it'd mostly be color/pattern changes. any physical features of the base slimes would remain. a giant normal tabby slime would be kinda boring though. so either they just wouldn't have one, or maybe something a bit more subtle like a lighter pink mixing the tabby's light gray coloring with the bright pink of the other. or maybe a big gray tabby slime with pink stripes? it'd be harder to figure out for some than others.

Pink stripes and pink ears on a grey body would be super cute. It'd almost be like giving slimes their own markings.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:59 pm

well maybe, but you'd have to do a lot of trial and error to get one with a recessive trait. or just be lucky and find one in the wild. but then you'd have to lug it all the way back home. which won't work through warp pads.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby duskflower » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 am

PrismSlime wrote:well maybe, but you'd have to do a lot of trial and error to get one with a recessive trait. or just be lucky and find one in the wild. but then you'd have to lug it all the way back home. which won't work through warp pads.

Who said it would be easy? It'd be pretty awesome though, even if it's a lot of work. I've lugged Largos home before, if you keep it away from Tarrs it's usually fine.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 am

i've brought post-feral largos home before too when they would cuddle up to you. it was sad when i found out it was a bug and got fixed. :(

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Jitrenka » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:54 pm

So many options :)... And more - (not) having a tail, having 2 or more tails, behavior vs look, ...
I apologize for my bad English.
Jitrenka
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:02 pm

as interesting as it might be to have so many variants, i think 1 rare occurrence per largo combination is enough since there's so many largos already.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Jitrenka » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I agree. I just wanted to see what combination of features could be the best. :) I like your basic idea :). It could be a big challenge and motivation for catching and crossbreeding more. It reminds me some pokemon games for Nintendo, where every creature has 1 extra special mutation...
I apologize for my bad English.
Jitrenka
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:59 pm

i'd likely put them on a slime stage if it had some sort of thing to give them refurbishment so they wouldn't get hungry on it. or if they just stayed put when you fed them.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion