Bio's Feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Bio's Feedback

Postby Biosaur » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 am

I've been playing the game for a few days now, so I feel that it's time to give some feedback.
So, first of all, what I like about the game:
- I really like the game's general aesthetic, and all the slimes are so cute!! The music is exciting and fun, but doesn't get tiring, and the landscapes are beautiful.
- I like the vacuum, especially because it's so chaotic, even though it's a little bit buggy from sometimes.
- I like the slimes, and how even though they're roughly the same shape, they all have such different "personalities".
- I like the slimepedia, and how literally everything has a bit of lore or a backstory, no matter how irrelevant the lore is to the game itself.

My biggest complaints, however, are:
- The world isn't big enough EDIT- yes I know that this is an early build
- There aren't enough secrets
- The secrets aren't rewarding enough to the explorer, many are "empty"
- The secrets are too easy to get to, and require literally no thinking to get to, if you have a jetpack, especially with the upgrades.
- Slimes are randomly disappearing in the grotto, I fill the corrals with 5-6 slimes, and when I come back, there is only 1 if I'm lucky, 0 if not. all of those corrals are high-walled, with nets!
- There isn't enough lore, maybe you could find out about a previous rancher by finding bits of lore scattered across the range? Maybe there could be more backstory around Beatrix herself?

I really like the way the game is going so far, and excitedly await the next build.
Last edited by Biosaur on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

Re: Bio's Feedback

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:24 am

Biosaur wrote:- The world isn't big enough

Remember that it's an early build of the game, and more places will be added, especially considering there are "under construction" places everywhere, where presumably new slimy places will go.

Biosaur wrote:- Slimes are randomly disappearing in the grotto, I fill the corrals with 5-6 slimes, and when I come back, there is only 1 if I'm lucky, 0 if not. all of those corrals are high-walled, with nets!

Yeah, I seem to be having that problem as well, with the Overgrowth too. I presumed it was because I used whatever those Phosphorus or whatever they're called slimes and Boom slimes (even though there were only 5 in each corral), but it appears to be otherwise. I incredibly doubt it was a Tarr outbreak since they were too far away from any other species of slime that they could use to become Tarr.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Re: Bio's Feedback

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We're pretty sure at this point that there's a bug with ranch expansions and vanishing slimes. Just haven't tracked it down yet.
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion