Let's make a wiki - gamepedia or wikia poll

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Let's make a wiki - gamepedia or wikia poll

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:40 pm

funisfun8 wrote:What about just working on the Wikia and then if we get a Gamepedia, we can just port stuff over and leave a note on the Wikia saying we moved?

Wikia hurts my eyes.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 pm

funisfun8 wrote:What about just working on the Wikia and then if we get a Gamepedia, we can just port stuff over and leave a note on the Wikia saying we moved?

Correction:

funisfun8 wrote:What about just working on the Wikia and then if we get a Gamepedia, we can just Plort stuff over and leave a note on the Wikia saying we moved?

sorry I just had to
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Krakob » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:14 pm

This is what people started doing. It gets complicated though. If we get a gamepedia some will want to keep the wikia. Add in the missing administrator and it'll be even harder because we can't make significant changes to the wikia - removing the content and linking to the gamepedia would probably trigger anti-spam/troll mechanisms.
Krakob
Admin

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Sounds good to me. I don't like Wikia, but it's better than nothing. Do we know if we're allowed to put the in-game Slimpedia entries up? It seems like that might break part of the spirit of having a closed pre-alpha.

I have experience on the SCP Foundation wiki, but that's on Wkidot, which is better than Wikia, but not entirely satisfactory for some of the things we want to be able to do. Then again, the needs of a creative writing community are different than a game wiki's needs, so some of our complaints don't apply here.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Splendid » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:57 pm

If you're willing to help me with the Wikia (I've already seen the content flowing in, whoever is doing these, you guys are great.) I'll happily give you an administrator position.
Hopefully we'll get a Gamepedia too.

Please hit me up with a PM if you're willing to help with the wikia
Slime Rancher Wikia Page:
http://slimerancher.wikia.com/
Splendid
Chickadoo

Postby Krakob » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 am

Mentioned topic I posted: http://www.gamepedia.com/forums/wiki-he ... eceived-no

Hopefully I'll get a decision soon.
Krakob
Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion