did an all nighter, love the game but possible changes..?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

did an all nighter, love the game but possible changes..?

Postby davidsalter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Auto feeders need tweaking to not waste so much food over feeding, maybe a setting we can make to change intervals and quantity on each pen?

More build slots/bigger build slots. because wheres the fun in not having more? but personally i felt limited with the current amounts, hope we'll be getting extentions for the ranch like another section on the current extentions that cost double bucks or something.

Crystal and quantum slimes need a reduction on how long spike trails last and how far they teleport as i know they are ment to be a challenge but the way spike trails are they can lag the game if you have more than 6 Crystal slimes roaming and quantums are teleporting much to far, i know they are ment to be tricky but teleporting from the pen straight up onto the top of the canyon? thats overkill. i'd say a hight limit would be needed.

"Wild" garden plots we can plant on because sometimes i wanna give the wilderness more of their favourite foods with them being able to help themselves... ok not needed but this would be a sweet idea ;P

Lower wild slime spawns alittle, because walking out of the ranch and being greeted by about 15 pink slimes and some randoms in the mix isn't fun after the 3rd time, i want to see Tarr less often but have them be a REAL threat.

Speaking of Tarr, with the above change we could make them more durable so they become a real threat as mentioned.

Give slimes more interaction with their surroundings, objects (toys for slimes?) other slimes (boom slime creeping up and explode scaring behind other slimes for instance) and the player.
this would give them more of a feel and life to them instead of mindlessly doing 1 thing their whole lives (2 if bouncing counts)

Give the slime lamps alittle less colour to their glow but make it twice as bright, was dissapointed by how dim they are :(

Otherwise really loving the game, wish i grabbed it sooner :)
davidsalter
Plort

Re: did an all nighter, love the game but possible changes..

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:25 am

I like your ideas, but I don't get why wild garden plots should be a thing.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion