More automation on the ranch.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

More automation on the ranch.

Postby UnhappyTerror » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Hiya guys

I've been playing the game for two days now, for a total of eight hours. I'm up to the point where I've unlocked most of the slimes, the only one I haven't encountered being the Quantum slime. I'm now stuck in running around the farm feeding my slimes, not having enough time to fully explore the world, feed gordos, open new gates and such. Do you guys think it'd be a great idea to add more automation to the coops and gardens?

An example would be letting players queue up a number of fruits in a garden, when the garden's harvest from one fruit ends, it'll automatically insert a new starter fruit. Another expansion on the garden would also let it automatically collect the fruit/veggies, similar to a plot collector. I think they should cost around 500-750 newbucks.

The chicken coop upgrade should let you designate how many roostros and hens maximum you want in the coop, when the number of those exceed your set number, it'll suck the extra ones up just like a plot collector.

I think these would be a great help to players already in the late game who don't wish to wait around in farms when they could be running around the world, making slime science gadgets and decorating their ranches. I apologise if these are already late game features available through slime science that I haven't unlocked. I didn't read the wiki as I didn't want to spoil myself.

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text!
UnhappyTerror
Plort

Re: More automation on the ranch.

Postby CakeFlour » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Something I find Useful, For starters, don't use the Auto Feeder unless you're ranching small slimes, the food will start piling up too much and go to waste.
additionally, Use the Warp Depots as Storage for Crops, Place one next to the garden, and one next to the corral with the slime that has it as its favorite.
The Warp Depots can hold up to 100 of an item, so that will help out a lot.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Return to General Discussion