Slime Rancher v0.5.0 Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Slime Rancher v0.5.0 Discussion Thread

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

i've had been full up on all plorts in the refinery for some time now, but now i need to restock again. i just recently got enough extractor resources to make 30 of all the pre-0.5 decorations (minus the slime lamps) i likely have enough of all the other plorts, but just 30 sponge trees is enough to completely drain my pinks. i emptied all my corrals in prep for quantums, so i gotta sort things out again. but for now, i still have a treasure pod to find (unless i miscounted) and that quantum gordo that may or may not exist.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby MarappaTheRancher13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:44 pm

PrismSlime wrote:i've had been full up on all plorts in the refinery for some time now, but now i need to restock again. i just recently got enough extractor resources to make 30 of all the pre-0.5 decorations (minus the slime lamps) i likely have enough of all the other plorts, but just 30 sponge trees is enough to completely drain my pinks. i emptied all my corrals in prep for quantums, so i gotta sort things out again. but for now, i still have a treasure pod to find (unless i miscounted) and that quantum gordo that may or may not exist.

it's real.
Very real.
proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNJwqTpE6_0&t=613s
YABBA DABBA DOO
MarappaTheRancher13
Rancher

Postby CakeFlour » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 pm

For Anyone whose having trouble with Phase Lemons.
In order to obtain one, find a tree with a fully grown lemon, and shoot another type of fruit through it to have it phase into reality. you can then pick it up.
Alternatively, They also appear in crates found around the Ruins, try popping the Boom Gordo to find some.
Or Or, They also appear as rewards on the ranch exchange. So check it every so often that way.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Dem devs ain't fooling anyone. I sent them an e-mail bout the Beatrix face-leak, and their response was this:

Monomi Park wrote:Thanks for being vigilant, but there's no need for concern. The image in question has even been part of a retweet from the Monomi Park twitter account (@monomipark). However, we can't confirm or deny that's Beatrix right now. Remember there's other ranchers our there that make themselves known in the game mail and range exchange.

Thanks,
Paul

At least they're not going to deny it.

C5s97zgU4AA5UjY.jpg
The leaked image
C5s97zgU4AA5UjY.jpg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 14561 times

tumblr_inline_ocuid09ap41t02419_500s.jpg
Looks familiar?
tumblr_inline_ocuid09ap41t02419_500s.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 14561 times
C5s97zgU4AA5UjYd.jpg
This IS Beatrix.
C5s97zgU4AA5UjYd.jpg (36.61 KiB) Viewed 14561 times

Yet, they're clearly in denial about it anyway.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby WOLRUS » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Zomygoodness. Zomygoodness. I am so hyped and I really want the update I will be begging my dad like a crazy person for the new update jeez I am so hyped I want this so badly I'm not even using proper grammar. Yee! So hyped! So hyped! (faints) (Hits head) (wakes up) Oww.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby WOLRUS » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm

So hyped! I want this so badly I think I'd faint and then knock myself out. I want this so very badly and I feel so sad watching everyone else play and I am so sad. I feel like I'm missing out on so much. I am so sad. I want to cry. But no, my dad won't get it for me until December and the whole game is done but I am dyyyyiiiing of eagerness. Want to play so badly. But it's for my own good, I guess. I don't want to play a buggy game. Sigh. What a dilemma. (sobs) (faints) Sigh.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 am

i get that it's probably for balancing purposes, but does anyone else miss how easily crops used to pop off before? with the level of automation as insignificant as ever what with so much to do now, and the extra laps of my extractors to round up both the resources and echoes, i feel like my entire system has been thrown out the window. =/ i'd personally like the crops to be back how they were before, obvious improvements to automation, and a separate set of extractors for the sole purpose of collecting echoes.

on a happier note, i finally tracked gown that quantum gordo ^^
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:42 am

It's really weird how you're all so excited about seeing me...
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby TrainCody » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:45 pm

PrismSlime wrote:i get that it's probably for balancing purposes, but does anyone else miss how easily crops used to pop off before? with the level of automation as insignificant as ever what with so much to do now, and the extra laps of my extractors to round up both the resources and echoes, i feel like my entire system has been thrown out the window. =/ i'd personally like the crops to be back how they were before, obvious improvements to automation, and a separate set of extractors for the sole purpose of collecting echoes.

on a happier note, i finally tracked gown that quantum gordo ^^

I remember so many people saying much the same thing back when the Puddles had their models changed.
TrainCody
Rancher

Making the most out of dechorating.

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Was Silos not being able to contain Echoes an intended direction? Because my game started to gradually lag more and more as I have been collecting more of them.

It's very not unlike having a stash of LEGO blocks: the more you leave out when they're not in use, the more the chances are that you'll step on one. But in this case, it's chances of the game possibly crashing instead. I have yet to decide which of the two is the worse case scenario.

PrismSlime wrote:i get that it's probably for balancing purposes, but does anyone else miss how easily crops used to pop off before? with the level of automation as insignificant as ever what with so much to do now, and the extra laps of my extractors to round up both the resources and echoes, i feel like my entire system has been thrown out the window. =/ i'd personally like the crops to be back how they were before, obvious improvements to automation, and a separate set of extractors for the sole purpose of collecting echoes.

I felt the exact same thing once I caught wind of it. On the other hand, vegetables pop up a lot faster than they used to. A good compromise would simply be to allow fruits to also pop off the trees just as fast.

Now that you mention it, I also miss the older models for the fruits and veggies. I felt they had a simpler design that made them easier to identify from afar.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Maullar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 pm

For those of you having issues with the Quantum slimes. Pretty much the only way to keep them from constantly escaping is to use the music box, (keep them in a dim area?) and to keep them inundated with food (their favorite, the phase lemons, working the best). As long as they have a large large selection of food they remain relatively behaved and stay in their corral. As soon as that food starts to dwindle, however, all hell breaks loose...

I feel like this is just repetition at this point, but some sort of quantum shield for corrals would be very nice. Also, I feel as if the exchange rate of the Quantums is way to low for the difficulty to farm them.
Maullar
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:46 pm

the music box only does so much and phase lemons are hard to farm. if a harvest is even a bit behind the others when you wake up and all your slimes are hungry, it won't take long for said "hell breakage" to commence. and if you miss harvest time for phase lemons, they fall off into the "other reality" and can't be gotten back. i'm too scared to even have other slimes in the same area as them. we'll see if the new ranch expansion is any better for them though.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Unforeseen consequences?

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:03 pm

If food is an issue, I suggest making Quantum Largos with a plort whose slime's diet is very easy to produce in bulk and distribute on the go for. I chose the Rad Quantum combination as a result, as radiation poisoning is decidedly the least of my worries compared to the rest of the hazards. While not as destructive, maintenance for a Phosphor Quantum Largo may be the most nerve-wracking alternative possible even without accounting the danger of sunlight disintegrating it.

I did back down from trying to contain them near other slimes too, however. While Slime Science is something I have been dedicated myself to, it only makes sense to understand the treshold between an inconvenience and a problem. At the moment, only time will unveil new possibilities to reliably confront the situation with.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 pm

what i'm really hoping for is for more "science" in slime science. so far it's mostly just decorations. lots of people have ideas for various upgrades for corrals and the other plots. even upgrades to the vacpack itself beyond what the shop can provide. and i'd still be up for getting some experimental blueprints from viktor. i'll likely switch to quantum largos myself at some point, but for now i'm enjoying them as they are in their normal state. i still think we really need an extractor for echoes instead of just any extractor collecting them. no pun intended with my username, but maybe a prism of sorts since they're little bits of light?

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby pinkypie22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 am

I want to share this idea with everyone, someone named
Stargazefox77 had some cool ideas for slimes. I am not stealing any idea an if the person can see this, I think these are very cool and maybe everyone could come with ideas and keep this game going. Maybe glass dessert won't have to be the end.
Cosmic caves, this area would hold new slimes, I only have two ideas so I would like suggestions. The first slime it would have is the cosmic slime. The cosmic slime will always move as if it was in low gravity and requires a solar shield to ranch. It's diet is fruit and its favorite food is a fruit found in this area called bounce berrys. The second is the shuttle slime. The shuttle slime will randomly boost forward with high speed. It's diet is meat and it loves the meat of the area, the Astro hen.(a chicken in a space helmet.) As for the area itself, the area acts as if you were in low gravity while in it.
pinkypie22
Plort

Postby Dragonking » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Or maybe the lunar slime it looks like a meteor with glowing white eyes
The rare but elusive Dragon slime

How many lowes could Rod Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob lowes
Dragonking
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 pm

^just a hunch, but i'm guessing the already confirmed meteor slime will more or less have that covered lol. the main issue with adding loads of new slimes is the plort market itself is only so big. the display would have to be way larger than reasonably acceptable if every fan slime were to be added. maybe something could be implemented to allow for countless new plort values to be added in a mod or something if modding support is ever properly added. but until that time comes, we won't know for sure.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby z0mbiesrock » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Looks like I can still reach the top of these trees, and get a sky-eye view of the Ruins.

Oh yeah, and you can even get to the ruins from the tallest tree.

1. You require 250 energy, the Jetpack, and the Jetpack's Air Drive upgrade.
2. Climb the large trees in the Moss Blanket.
3. Jump toward the ruins, specifically the nearest large stone structure.
4. You should either fall on the stone structure, or on the ledge next to the big gate.
5. If you land on the stone ledge, you can jet over the gate from there.
6. ???
7. PROFIT!
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm

good luck getting out though. there's no home warp in the ruins and without unlocking it, the entire wall that the big slime gate is on is blocked off by a barrier. if you really wanted to, you could set a slime science warp back home, and another in the ruins. but the slime gate is one of the best parts so you'd be missing out still. ;P

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby jereG » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 am

really cool update love the ruins, more door puzzles please:)
jereG
Chickadoo

Postby z0mbiesrock » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:28 am

PrismSlime wrote:good luck getting out though. there's no home warp in the ruins and without unlocking it, the entire wall that the big slime gate is on is blocked off by a barrier. if you really wanted to, you could set a slime science warp back home, and another in the ruins. but the slime gate is one of the best parts so you'd be missing out still. ;P

I already unlocked the ruins, and put a teleporter at the very end of the Ruins So I can quickly get to the Glass Desert once that comes out), so I'm FINE.
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby cloudyrei » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 am

A surefire way to keep the Quantums contained would be nice... for now I just have them free ranging in the Grotto with some Pogofruit trees.
cloudyrei
Rancher

Postby Gustim » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 am

I really like the addition of the ancient ruins. The first time I went in, I tried to find the end where the place to the glass desert will be (found it I think) and then I got lost coming back. It is very trippy because you have those doors which close off stuff and you have to remember which ones you opened of closed.
My experience with quantum slimes is that I brought 23 back to my ranch, and then put 13 in a corral and turned them into Quantum Tabby largos. When I left for 30 secs and came back, they were everywhere except in the corral, I even had one eat a wrong plort from another corral and turn into the Tarr. (I'm glad I had some water on hand) If you decide to make it so that ranchers can keep quantum slimes from escaping, I'm all for it, but for now I'll just let them roam free in the ancient ruins and have fun making yellow slime splotches on the walls. :)
~Gus
~Boom Slimes are red,
Mixmasters are blue
This little rancher
Plays Spiral Knights too
<3
Gustim
Chickadoo

Postby DinosaurSlime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:39 pm

There should be an upgrade that helps keep quantum slimes from teleporting, like they still will teleport, but they teleport less. The teleporting is the one reason I gave up trying to keep my quantum slimes.
Quantum Slimes are a pain.......

My Map/Slime Ideas
DinosaurSlime
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 pm

i like how everyone complains that the game's too easy, then continues to complain when a difficult to manage slime comes along. a corral upgrade to minimize their effects would be nice, but nothing to absolutely stop them. otherwise they may as well be pinks.

PrismSlime
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion