Make the tar more dificult

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Make the tar more dificult

Postby Wonderer1104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Hey! I have been playing your game and I love it. One problem I have had though, is that the tar are too rare/easy to destroy. Sure, they can be inconvenient when you don't have water. But i think, your slimepedia makes them seem like the devil, when in reality, they r your school bully. Annoying, but not deadly.
I play and love Slime Rancher.
Wonderer1104
Plort

Re: Make the tar more dificult

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:05 pm

I would like that. In the earlier versions of the game, tarrs were stronger, as each took 5 hits of water to kill, which made them being more of an actual threat, while now they take 1-2 hits to destroy and they're merely an inconvenience.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Slimegirl1234567890 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 am

true, but what about early ranchers who dont have the water slot?
But i agree, tarrs should be stronger again.
hi people, im gone
Slimegirl1234567890
Rancher

Postby Wonderer1104 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Slimegirl1234567890 wrote:true, but what about early ranchers who dont have the water slot?

This is true, but maybe the tarr gets progressively harder, like every 5 days, it takes one more water to kill them. Rancher should have water by the 5th or 6th day, right?
I play and love Slime Rancher.
Wonderer1104
Plort

Postby ziulyx » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Maybe the tarr could do a but more dmg and have greater chance of multiplying when they consume something. Maybe even have a chance to turn into 3 tarr when one consumes a largo.
ACAB
ziulyx
Rancher

Postby cloudyrei » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 pm

How about another different kind of stronger Tar? Or if you let the Tar get too out of hand they merge into a Super Tar! =O
cloudyrei
Rancher

Postby duskflower » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm

They should be able to directly attack your ranch (hence the water blasters). In an area, Tarrs are fine because they naturally reset the population and that don't follow you or bother you much.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:53 am

Tarrs are the unique very harmful slime(Without counting ferals), and they disappear to early, so I think returning them again should be good.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby RadSlime3000 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:46 pm

they really do need to make tarrs harder, to many youtubers have practically tarr-proofed their base. having a full water tank at all times and a water turret in every area that can support slime corralls.
I AM A:
Terrarian
Rad Slime
Night Wing
Minecrafter
Anomaly
Aether Dragon
Glitch

My current feats:

Highest Point in Mochi's Manor

I am freinds with a Hunter slime named "Meowster*.

hOI!
RadSlime3000
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I said in one old post that one day one of my Rad Phisphors become into Tarr...well, that was even before Tarrs got easy, and it was already easy too, I could act quickly.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby WOLRUS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 am

I don't like tarrs. They're annoying. I like them the way they are because I have issues with focusing on them and shooting.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby Jeaniedw83 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:30 am

Tarrs are annoying when I was in the moss blanket trying to find treasure pods they keep forming I started throwing all largos and plorts in the sea.
Jeaniedw83
Chickadoo

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:58 am

I don't think making them harder to kill really fixes the issue. I mean if nothing else you can simply run away. A few bites from a tar do almost nothing to an experienced rancher and I'm on day 200 of my game and have only had a tar in the ranch once. They pose little to no danger to me and the slimes on the ranch are pretty much just as safe. Then there's the fact that after they've eaten everything in an area they poof away. Making their bites stronger might make them more of a threat and maybe don't let them despawn naturally. They'd have to tweak their difficulty for new ranchers somehow though.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby GrimRose0 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:23 pm

Wonderer1104 wrote:
Slimegirl1234567890 wrote:true, but what about early ranchers who dont have the water slot?

This is true, but maybe the tarr gets progressively harder, like every 5 days, it takes one more water to kill them. Rancher should have water by the 5th or 6th day, right?

Considering that Slime Rancher is endless, that would be a really BAD idea. There would be a point where it will have more that 50 HP and then water will be useless, so you will have to juggle it and throw it into the slime sea or a nearby pond. Js.
Steam: LaughingTigerShark
Instagram Art: grimrose0, dezy_the_artist, toonistzach

I am a Novilist who is traveling all over the Slime Sea and gathering all kinds of Slimes to help me make a Legendary story.
My Companion is a Honey Slime named Gabriel.
GrimRose0
Chickadoo

Postby HappyRainbew » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:08 am

Maybe (if there are different game modes) the tarr could have the same hp they have on easy mode, and have something like 4-6 hp on hard mode. I like the idea of the tarr attacking your ranch directly; maybe on every 10th day or a weather event this would happen and you would have to prepare.

Another idea would be instead of increasing their hp, increasing their damage/speed would make them a bigger threat instead of being a nuisance.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Return to General Discussion