Slime "Training" (Hard to describe with title)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime "Training" (Hard to describe with title)

Postby Azreide » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:24 am

I'll be comparing slimes with our real life pets in this. Most of the time with a trained pet, they still stick around the area they regard as "home", and know generally what to eat and what not to eat. I thought of training slimes in this way. Whether it's by buying simple training upgrades to the corrals or something else. (maybe they would choose to stick around if they know they're getting fed, or know what to eat by being praised or something)

Obviously there would be the risk of them running anyway, and if they aren't trained on what to eat...well..Tarr. But I think this could be an okay feature if implemented correctly. I don't mean JUST knowing what to eat and not straying too far, just saying this as an example.
Azreide
Rancher

Re: Slime "Training" (Hard to describe with title)

Postby Azreide » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

Bump, because, well. I'd like opinions.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby ZionSpelunker » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:27 pm

I think that would be an interesting idea but maybe train individual slimes and have it more expensive because, like I said in another thread, the game needs money sinks so that would be an interedting way to make one.
ZionSpelunker
Chickadoo

Postby Cherriey » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 pm

I would love to train a tabby slime to follow me around on my adventures as a silly pet.
Maybe we could even have them search for items for us.
Cherriey
Rancher

Postby TheMageOfMist » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 am

Cherriey wrote:I would love to train a tabby slime to follow me around on my adventures as a silly pet.
Maybe we could even have them search for items for us.

^ This, I am so for this. XD
It would be awesome if you could train a slime to seek out certain items, and of course, either ignore plorts or not eat them. Also the idea of playing 'fetch' with a tabby using a carrot sounds too adorable for words.
There is never too many honey tabbies.
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Return to General Discussion