Range Exchange-- Some Thoughts

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Range Exchange-- Some Thoughts

Postby SpoiledChestnut » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:28 pm

I want to start off by saying I really do enjoy this game. It's relaxing to play, the slime are cute, and it's all very well put together! The one thing I did notice though was that very early on I had no reason to use the Range Exchange.

This might have something to do with my play style as I don't normally like hybrid slimes on my ranch. I would pen up the ones I needed and go look for more. Well, suffice to say by the time I had found all the slimes I need for the Range Exchange. Then I got into the Slime Science and the Range Exchange offers none of the materials I need by farming them in real time. (I do sort of wish there was a way the sleep=time skip mechanic worked on gathering materials but that's another topic)

Basically, if it's not something I could do quickly for money early on, there was no point in using the device. Is there any improvement to be made to it in the future? It's just absolutely unhelpful later in the game.

That said, with it not being a priority in my game I am enjoying the overall experience quite a lot. All of it is a lot of fun and I still get to explore a fantastic world of adorable slime!
SpoiledChestnut
Plort

Re: Range Exchange-- Some Thoughts

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

the range exchange sometimes offers the super rare resources from time to time. and mochi miles often gives loads of extra food for just a few plorts. also nice to get some spare chickens now and then.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpoiledChestnut » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:33 am

I understand that, but by mid game and end game there isn't as big a benefit to using it. Especially when I've used every plot of land for food, chickens, and slime corals. I'm set for food and chickens!
SpoiledChestnut
Plort

Postby FishFruit14 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:30 am

The only use the ranch exchange has is large food dumps and jelly/dust/diamonds
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I think the range exchange needs to be better incentivised. Have it reward with various special unique items you can ONLY get from the range exchange (for example like special hats, or even new unique "tropical" fruit seeds that can only grow in a greenhouse and not in the wild, or unique blueprints, etc), have it give your ranch a ranking as to how many exchanges you successfully complete. So the really amazing rewards (unique to the exchange) only happen after you've invested a lot of time and effort completing all the missions it gives you. Everyone will want the rewards so everyone will start utilising the range exchange more, gameplay is enhanced with increased longevity!
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion