Hot Slime Rancher Ideas Mk2

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Hot Slime Rancher Ideas Mk2

Postby TheMadFox » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Ok, I lost my previous post and for some reason cannot find it anymore so here is another post instead but it contains the same type of info/ideas that the previous post did, of course I will try to differentiate these ideas from the ones in my previous post. Here goes!

1) Galaxy Slime!

At the moment we only have a singular slime that appears only during the night and disperses when it turns day. In response to this I came up with the idea of a Galaxy Slime. The Galaxy Slime is filled with galaxies and stars just like the night sky, this design would kind of act like camouflage to some extent, kind of like the Hunter Slime which turns invisible. When it turns day the Galaxy Slime sort of explodes into stars, like a sparkling effect when opening one of the pods but then slightly different. This animation might be a stretch though considering they're mainly focusing on filling content rather than the tiny details. As far as the special thing about the Galaxy Slime, I was thinking of having items that are on the ground slowly circle around it, for example there's a carrot on the ground and the Galaxy Slime hops close to it and the carrot gets slowly pulled around the slime. This might be a harder mechanic to implement though, so rather than that it may be better to have items levitate above the ground slightly, making players curious as to where the Galaxy Slime is, or if they don't know about it be curious if their game is bugged :P This slime would also put more use to the Grotto or the solar shield upgrades for the corrals seeing as those are only ever really used when ranching Phospher Slimes. Would be kind of funny when you think about it, having a Galaxy Slime corral next to a chicken coop and having the chickens levitate above the ground XD

2) Other Ranches (Not talking about multiplayer here)

You know how with the Range Exchange we have different characters who request different things? Well, how about actually being able to visit them, and find out how many slimes are hiding under BOb's trench coat? If the world is getting much bigger it may be nice to have other ranches attached to some of the other biomes, having each of the ranchers tend to their respective produce, for example the guy that wants vegetables farms vegetables and if you want to have a sneak peak at his future trades on the range exchange, look for the things he isn't growing on his ranch, etc. It would be nice to have others there since aside from the slimes, it can get kind of lonely out there. Of course to make it less lonely we could have multiplayer but I will discuss this one in one of the next numbers.

3) Intro?

This is more just for aesthetic purposes and purely for entertainment before we even start to work on the ranch. I'm pretty sure that Monomi Park will add that eventually but I would still like to mention it. Imagine, you start off on a boat or a spaceship approaching the different lands (from behind your house on the ranch, the place where you shoot slimes into the sea), and you see a dock/landing site ahead with a building up on the cliff (this would be your house on the ranch). You dock/land and head out to your house and fall asleep. Next thing you know you start off exactly where you usually do on a new save, right in front of your house.

4) Multiplayer (Not an original idea I know, but I would still like to address it, and I know what has been said about it but please just read this one 'till the end.)

Here it is again, the miraculous idea of multiplayer! I would love for multiplayer to be added into the game, it would be fun trying to manage all your slimes along side a friend(s). My only concern with this would be the world size. I do not think that there is enough ground to be covered by two or more people. An idea that might help with this is including another, separate ranch for the second player with its own range exchange and market place. If this would be implemented, I would be thinking of how the marketplace and range exchange would work. The market could be affected by both players, tipping the balance of the plort prices by each player, forcing you to cooperate in order to still achieve the most profits possible. The range exchange might be affected by the different requests. The players themselves would not be able to make requests but the requests that are available might be taken up by one player and no longer be available to the other person. Now, another concern with the idea of multiplayer might be the amount of corrals that could be occupied by each player. If a separate ranch is available for the second player, it might be best to halve the amount of plots on the initial ranch and place the other half on the ranch of the second player. This would force both players to use their space efficiently as they cannot have the amount of things they would normally have. If things LIKE this are implemented when thinking of multiplayer it might be a viable idea and fun to do. If any of the devs like Nick or Lum end up reading this, you might have a lot of fun testing this system by playing with each other if you have the time. I have seen that there has been the discussion of other people possibly messing up your farm as well, that's also why I suggest simply having only private games where one player hosts rather than having dedicated servers, multiplayer does not mean that everyone can just come and join your farm. The game is available on steam so I suggest it is possible to invite people to your game so that you have just that person involved rather than a bunch of strangers coming along and turning all your slimes into tarrs.

5) TreeFox (Allow me to explain)

This idea would just be a fun little easter egg referring to the company that made this game, Monomi Park. As you can see on the header next to "Monomi Park Forums", the logo of Monomi Park is a fox with a leaf on its chest and a tail in the shape of a leaf. It would be kind of fun to rarely find this little guy just running about the world, or if you want to keep it biome specific, place the fox in the moss blanket. Or to put a twist to this idea, the text below the "Monomi Park Forums" it says "Where the treefoxes roam." It may be fun to add a very secret area to the Ruins which is just a little park of sorts which would be called Monomi Park, and the Treefox could be implemented there. Just for a little bit of fun.

6) Interior of Beatrix's house

It would be entertaining to have the interior of Beatrix's house to be explorable. Bean bags with slime faces on it, a desk with a computer where you can check your star mail, a bed to sleep 'till morning, and a bunch of other things that would decorate the inside, like a lava slime lamp for example, things like that. It would flesh out the starting area a bit. Again, just for a little bit of fun.

7) Zapper

Something to use on the upcoming Quantum slime to temporarily attach it to reality. My idea, shock it with the Zapper upgrade for your Vac Pack, however this upgrade can only be purchased along the Mk III upgrades. It would be nice to be able to actually see the slimes where they are rather than be annoyed by the holographic slimes that hop around while you're trying to capture a real Quantum Slime, the Zapper would make this task a lot easier, however it would cost a SIGNIFICANT amount of energy considering that you're literally shocking a slime....

8) Carrier Slime!

I know I'm starting to fill this list with quiet a few slime ideas however I thought this one simply necessary. A Carrier Slime, a slime which holds an additional slot of inventory space. I'll give a small description of the Carrier Slime; the Carrier Slime is a tiny little slime, but it is that small for a reason, it never gets hungry, it is weird. This little slime will just follow you around doing nothing except that, the only way to get rid of it is to suck it up when it is empty. This little guy will have to be rare but not as rare as the golden slime. You can simply shoot items into him and he will grow in size and turning a light shade of red when he is full. (I haven't thought about the default color for this slime yet.) When you want to retrieve the items placed inside the slime, simply use your vacpack in order to suck them up again. There are two ways this could be done, I'm talking about options for development not two ways to retrieve the items. Way one: The slime refuses to be sucked up and the items are simply pulled out of the Carrier Slime and it shrinks in size, after which it will be sucked up. Way two: You pull the Carrier Slime towards you like a largo and the items are sucked out of him when he is up against the gun, falling off or sucking him up when he is empty.

For now this is the end of my list, I might try to edit this post (if possible) if I want to add additional ideas to it, if I am unable to do so I will add a comment to this post with the additional ideas. Enjoy!
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Re: Hot Slime Rancher Ideas Mk2

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:58 am

1) I like this idea, but the "fan slimes aren't considered to be added" thing...
2) That could be nice. >:]
3) This will be eventually added.
4) TRIGGERE- I mean, uh, good ideas!
5) That's interesting.
6) I'd like having that.
7) I like this!
8) Go To 1)
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion