Pink Slime Appreciation Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Pink Slime Appreciation Thread

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Pink Slime: "Their coral hue is scientifically proven to be the color of cheer."

Everyone has their favorite slime, and the reasons they like them. Rads have that awesome aura, boom slimes goin off non-stop like popcorn, tabbys are always playful, puddles make the cutest sounds, etc; but everyone always seems to forget about the happy smile that drew them to the game in the first place, that all started with the pink slime. As the first slime you meet, they're super easy to take care of. They eat anything, and you can find them everywhere. Sure, they're the #1 cause for tarr around the world, but even tarr seem to have more fans for their awesome colors and voracious nature. But they're more than just a trash can for your excess food! Their plortonomics may have very well been the inspiration for Slime Science in the first place; and the accessories could have come about as a way to make these simple blobs of joy more appealing to individuals. Sure you can put the accessories on any slime, but their lack of features makes you want to do more with them yeah? I'd even argue they could be where largos came from too- to make a featureless slime more interesting. Any newcomer that might have trouble finding a slime's favorite food- or perhaps just can't get to that food before it's all expired or eaten- can still make largos with them to make them easier to raise. And I personally love the contrast of green to pink with the rad/pink's glowing smile! As the base model for all slimes, we owe the creation of every other slime- and by essence the entire game- to these globs of unconditional love (and hunger).

So next time you play Slime Rancher, remember to give the next pink slime you see, a big squishy hug! <3 (and a mustache)
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: Pink Slime Appreciation Thread

Postby duskflower » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Pink tabby Largos are my go-to starter largo and one of my favorites in the game. They are so sweet and happy <3
duskflower
Rancher

Postby TheMadFox » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Pink Rock Largos were my favorite pink largos to start off with, they are both really easy to find and they usually end up creating themselves if left alone for a while. I quickly end up upgrading to the pink crystals though, I still keep them around for the crystal plorts and just shoot all my pinks into the refinery for later, they have become obsolete to some extent but they're still fun to keep around.
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:50 pm

i think i might have had a slight miss-fire on one of them, but i have 50 pink slimes in a single corral- with every 5 wearing a different accessory. i had to shoot them into a fashion pod, then suck them through the corral wall one at a time with full tanks to make them bounce off my nuzzle and end up inside. took like 20min lol
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion