[Slime Suggestion] Deep Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

[Slime Suggestion] Deep Slime

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:40 am

((Sorry that I don't have all the prose hammered out. I've added the rest of the info in parentheses.))

Plorts starting value: 75

Rarity: Rarely found floating in the Slime Sea at night

Image or Image
Deep Slime
(looks based off of a dumbo octopus, with tentacles at the bottom and little "ear" flaps on the sides. It's a very dark teal sort of blue-green, with glowing yellow eyes. The "ears" flutter when they're happy)

Joke/Pun: Loves to cuttle.*

Diet: Slimes

Favorite: Honey Slime

Slimeology: Deep Slimes are the picky eaters of the deep Slime Sea, hunting surface slimes travelling across the bottom. They are delicate, and can be harmed by hostile slimes, so they avoid dangerous prey that can fight back, as well as unstable Largoes, and worse. A compound in pink slimes is highly toxic to them, and they will flee from even Pink Plorts.

(only eats non-attacking slimes with base plort values of [strike]30[/strike] 15 or more; will not eat Largos, Tarrs, or other Deep Slimes)

(cannot jump, only crawl and swim)

Risks:

(Will only plort in a pond that is both upgraded to be deeper and upgraded to have [strike]Slimewater[/strike] Nutrient-Enriched Gel Substitute water (which allows you to raise sea slimes without ruining the effects of fresh water). Also plorts in the Slime Sea, but in practice it's very hard to feed them in the wild due to how fast other slimes sink. Deep Plorts float even in Slimewater, but dissolve in sunlight)
(can climb over corral walls with their tentacles to eat your other slimes, but is slow on land, hindered by Air Nets, cannot jump, and will only go after slimes that it can see and would normally eat. Exception for Honey Slimes, which it can detect from the same range other slimes can detect Honey Plorts from)
(makes a distinct noise when travelling on land, to give the player better warning when one gets loose)
(cannot form Largos)

Plortonomics: Deep plorts can be processed into a coating that greatly increases an object's ability to withstand high pressures. Used in everything from submersibles to pressure cookers.

*(Yes, I know that dumbo octopuses don't have cuttlebones. These slimes probably don't, either)

((I guess it could be reworked to eat Meat and have a high-tier Hen as its favourite, but I don't think that'd make much sense, given its habitat))
Last edited by Pigcatapult on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am, edited 11 times in total.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Re: [Slime Suggestion] Deep Slime

Postby KitsuneRyo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 am

That's interesting.... definitely a complicated one to raise. But well thought out.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby MortalitasBorealis » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:32 am

While I don't like the idea of feeding poor innocent slimes to other creatures, this is a pretty well thought-out slime that's unique and makes sense. One thing though, ponds would have to be combined with corral features in order to ranch Deep Slimes since they only plort in ponds, but unlike puddle slimes that are content to sit there, will very actively try to escape unless completely isolated/near inedible slimes. I mean, since slimes plort immediately after eating something, how would the Deep Slime work if it eats outside of a pond? Does it just store the plorts until it returns to a pond? Also, how would one acquire Deep Slimes in the first place when they live at the bottom of the slime sea? Is there a beach area where they can be found crawling up from the sea at night?

I still don't want to kill my slimes though ;A;
MortalitasBorealis
Chickadoo

Postby Azreide » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:43 am

MortalitasBorealis wrote:While I don't like the idea of feeding poor innocent slimes to other creatures, this is a pretty well thought-out slime that's unique and makes sense. One thing though, ponds would have to be combined with corral features in order to ranch Deep Slimes since they only plort in ponds, but unlike puddle slimes that are content to sit there, will very actively try to escape unless completely isolated/near inedible slimes. I mean, since slimes plort immediately after eating something, how would the Deep Slime work if it eats outside of a pond? Does it just store the plorts until it returns to a pond? Also, how would one acquire Deep Slimes in the first place when they live at the bottom of the slime sea? Is there a beach area where they can be found crawling up from the sea at night?

How many slimes have you had in your vaccum that you tossed over through the horizon? Most likely into water, instant death, or just far away from any food.

That aside, I do like this idea.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby MortalitasBorealis » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 am

Azreide wrote:
How many slimes have you had in your vaccum that you tossed over through the horizon? Most likely into water, instant death, or just far away from any food.

That aside, I do like this idea.

You don't know me, I put slimes back down where I found them if I picked them up by accident! It's not like I just suck up slimes on a whim, the last thing I want are Tarrs. Plus, slimes don't die if they fall into water, they survive just fine in ponds and it's stated in the slimepedia (and is a fundamental concept behind the Deep Slime no less) that slimes don't die in the slime sea! It's Tarrs that die in water. I do steal their food though ._. But I'm pretty sure slimes can't starve to death anyway, they just get upset.
MortalitasBorealis
Chickadoo

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:44 am

MortalitasBorealis wrote:While I don't like the idea of feeding poor innocent slimes to other creatures, this is a pretty well thought-out slime that's unique and makes sense. One thing though, ponds would have to be combined with corral features in order to ranch Deep Slimes since they only plort in ponds, but unlike puddle slimes that are content to sit there, will very actively try to escape unless completely isolated/near inedible slimes. I mean, since slimes plort immediately after eating something, how would the Deep Slime work if it eats outside of a pond? Does it just store the plorts until it returns to a pond? Also, how would one acquire Deep Slimes in the first place when they live at the bottom of the slime sea? Is there a beach area where they can be found crawling up from the sea at night?

I'm thinking either "holds its plorts", or readily returns to its pond if you toss an edible slime in there or something. Leaning towards the latter to give more incentive to keep them contained. Most slimes sink like rocks in the Slime Sea's Slimewater, so food slimes won't be able to get out of a deep Slimewater pond as easily as from a normal pond. If it preferentially goes after slimes trapped in its pond over slimes that are harder to get to, then you'd have a way to keep the Deep Slimes from escaping, but with higher maintenance than a corral.

Sometimes they swim up to the surface at night, which is when you can catch them, if they're close enough to shore. (I like the idea of sometimes looking out into the far ocean during a night trip, and seeing a pair of little glowing eyes looking back.) Their catchable spawn locations would definitely need to be next to some sort of beach or other platform that's much closer to the water than most of the current terrain, though. Having prey slimes spawn on the beach/ledge/whatever would also get them to come closer to shore/crawl out.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 pm

With the way the Slime Sea works, it can't actually live there. And "upgrading" to Slimewater would just kill everything about ponds - Slimes can't be held inside (they would just disappear, then rematerialize on the other edge, if I'm correct), you would die inside it, you couldn't suck water out, etc. (If Slimewater functions the same way as the Slime Sea)

Heavy -1 to the Slimewater/Slime Sea idea.

And you can't breed slimes, so it would be very annoying to go to the Moss Blanket every time you needed to feed it. (Especially since you can't even put slimes in storage - If an upgrade to be able to do that is added, then I'll be fine with the food part.)
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:38 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:With the way the Slime Sea works, it can't actually live there. And "upgrading" to Slimewater would just kill everything about ponds - Slimes can't be held inside (they would just disappear, then rematerialize on the other edge, if I'm correct), you would die inside it, you couldn't suck water out, etc. (If Slimewater functions the same way as the Slime Sea)

I took the Slimepedia entry to mean that slimes "vanish" out of sight quickly, since later they're described as "travelling under the surface", which to me implies that there's still some coherent this-slime-ness to them, not "they melt and an identical slime is reconstituted elsewhere".

My idea re: ponds was you probably won't die in slimewater if it's shallow enough to keep your head above water? Since the problem is sinking to the bottom/not being able to get out (presumably it clogs whatever rebreather allows you to hang out under plain water indefinitely), not that it melts you. The water in the default ponds are barely ankle-deep. A waist-deep pond with a ladder on the side (touching the ladder just chucks you out of the pond) shouldn't be very deadly to Beatrix, but would let an aquatic slime submerge itself if being underwater instead of always floating is their thing.

... Admittedly, this suggestion assumes the later addition of more aquatic slimes that would make a "deep pond" with regular water worth it/give you a reason to go underwater after you've established there's no secret caves under there.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:With the way the Slime Sea works, it can't actually live there. And "upgrading" to Slimewater would just kill everything about ponds - Slimes can't be held inside (they would just disappear, then rematerialize on the other edge, if I'm correct), you would die inside it, you couldn't suck water out, etc. (If Slimewater functions the same way as the Slime Sea)

I took the Slimepedia entry to mean that slimes "vanish" out of sight quickly, since later they're described as "travelling under the surface", which to me implies that there's still some coherent this-slime-ness to them, not "they melt and an identical slime is reconstituted elsewhere".

My idea re: ponds was you probably won't die in slimewater if it's shallow enough to keep your head above water? Since the problem is sinking to the bottom/not being able to get out (presumably it clogs whatever rebreather allows you to hang out under plain water indefinitely), not that it melts you. The water in the default ponds are barely ankle-deep. A waist-deep pond with a ladder on the side (touching the ladder just chucks you out of the pond) shouldn't be very deadly to Beatrix, but would let an aquatic slime submerge itself if being underwater instead of always floating is their thing.

... Admittedly, this suggestion assumes the later addition of more aquatic slimes that would make a "deep pond" with regular water worth it/give you a reason to go underwater after you've established there's no secret caves under there.

Still, it would be inconvenient to hold Puddle Slimes in a pond of Slimewater and a deeper water, since "all things quickly sink to the bottom" - The Puddle Plorts and Slimes would all sink down to the bottom, and you would have to jump in and then climb out after grabbing all the Plorts, which would take much longer.

And if more uses for water are added, then Slimewater wouldn't be able to do some of them - e.g. watering crops ("the liquid found within the Slime Sea is not fit for drinking, watering crops, or even swimming").

I still disagree with the Slimewater idea and those being found in the Slime Sea. (Besides, wouldn't they sink to the bottom too? Maybe they could swim up, but I'm not sure if that would be strong enough.)
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Deep Slimes and their plorts have unusual buoyancy, and Deep Slimes are (like a dumbo octopus) physically specialized for swimming. Also, you're not intended to put freshwater slimes in seawater ponds?? You wouldn't upgrade to a saltwater tank if your fish's habitat is fresh water. That would be silly (and also lethal to the fish).

Edit: As far as I can tell, your arguments are "I can't effectively farm explicitly freshwater slimes in sea water", and "in a game with slimes that have the unusual tendency to explode or are radioactive or are inexplicably shaped like cats, it breaks suspension of disbelief for a slime explicitly stated to have the unusual ability to float and swim in sea water to be able to float or swim in sea water".
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Also, you're not intended to put freshwater slimes in seawater ponds?? You wouldn't upgrade to a saltwater tank if your fish's habitat is fresh water. That would be silly (and also lethal to the fish).

Which further supports my point: It makes difficulties with keeping Puddle Slimes. Does the Solar Shield make the corrals no longer fit to hold slimes that aren't light-sensitive? No. This would remove some of the water's functionalities and make it unfit to hold Puddle Slimes in to be able to hold 1 type of slime, while Solar Shields at least allow everything else in the corral to function how it would without the Shield while still allowing it to hold 1 more type of slime.

So, that point doesn't help.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Okay. What if changing the water type is something you can toggle, instead of being a one-way change? And you just buy the ability to toggle water type, or toggling is an inexpensive (double-digit) buy after you've bought it once? That way if you want to switch back to freshwater slimes, you don't have to demolish the pond. You wouldn't be able to house freshwater and seawater slimes together in the same pond, but you already can't house Puddle Slimes together with anything else outside of a free-ranching situation.

(There's a game balance suggestion about limited upgrade slots that seems popular, so maybe we'll just get the ability to remove upgrades somehow)
Last edited by Pigcatapult on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Okay, so what if changing the water type is something you can toggle, instead of being a one-way change? And you just buy the ability to toggle water type, or toggling is an inexpensive (double-digit) buy after you've bought it once? That way if you want to switch back to freshwater slimes, you don't have to demolish the pond.

That'll still just be plain annoying.

And I would rather have all the functions of water (Tarrs die when hit with fresh water - They "die" in the Slime Sea because they sink down and/or travel somewhere else, which wouldn't happen with just Slime water drops fired at them) in my Deep Slime pond.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Fair point. How will one effectively trap food slimes in there with it, though? I guess a short corral wall might do it, and those might also be useful for keeping Puddle Slimes from wandering off and dying, but that'd also reduce the uniqueness of ponds. Maybe multiple depth upgrades? Still a ladder or something in there for you to get out of the pond with, but you can control the water level to keep slimes that can't fly or climb walls from jumping out.

Edit: maybe also some sort of "nutrient solution" upgrade that makes freshwater also suitable for sea slimes without ruining the fresh water?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby ComicalSkate » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:09 pm

I see that the main problem this idea for people is having to feed poor innocent slimes to the deep slimes, and this is very understandable. My idea is: Implement a fishing mechanic mini-game sort of thing where you can get slime sea fish creatures, you then feed those guys to the Deep Slimes and have a rare chance of getting rarer fish which will act as their favourite making the Deep Slimes produce two plorts. Imagine! This would be a great time killer in the downtime you have, just fish away! Now its up to everyone to think of fish ideas that kinda fit in with the Far far Range's sliminess. Maybe gummies... instead of guppies?
ComicalSkate
Plort

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:22 pm

But I hate fishing minigames, and that'd defeat the point of them having wall-climbing tentacles. Also, more importantly, I hate fishing minigames. =/

There's been two complaints about Slimewater ponds, one "but those poor slimes", and one "but I can't breed or store food slimes and would have to go all the way to the Moss Blanket each time". Going to the Moss Blanket is way less tedious than fishing. If you can't bear to feed Deep Slimes, then you can just ranch a different kind of slime of the same Plort Value tier, just like you can avoid having to feed poor innocent chickens to meat-eating slimes by only ranching slimes that don't have to eat chickens.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Interesting idea, but I don't think the Slimes literally bounce across the ocean floor when it says that the Slime Sea is used as a mode of transportation.

When it says that Slimes "vanish" in the Slime Sea, I think it means that the Slime dissolves into a liquid form. (If the Slimes sank into the Sea, I think it would've used "sink" instead of "vanish". The only other time the Slimeopedia used the word "vanish" for Slimes was when it described the Phosphor Slime and sunlight.) After all, the Slime Sea is a mixture of slime and water. The slime portion of the Slime Sea could possibly be billions of liquefied Slimes, waiting to pop out.

I liked the idea of fish that was mentioned, but the Slime Sea is unsuitable for swimming and drinking. So there wouldn't be any fish in the Slime Sea (Just realized that Deep Slimes shouldn't be able to swim in the Sea either).

Aesthetically, it is a great looking Slime. Perhaps you should move the mouth to the front, like the octopus from Nemo. It's anatomically more accurate for an octopus if the mouth is at the bottom, but a Slime isn't limited by octopi anatomy. The Slime's mouth is a large indicator of whether a Slime is happy or hungry. It's a large portion of the Slime's facial expressions, and it would add a slight degree of inconvenience to an already-difficult Slime by hiding its mouth on the bottom.
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Postby Elskah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:There's been two complaints about Slimewater ponds, one "but those poor slimes", and one "but I can't breed or store food slimes and would have to go all the way to the Moss Blanket each time". Going to the Moss Blanket is way less tedious than fishing. If you can't bear to feed Deep Slimes, then you can just ranch a different kind of slime of the same Plort Value tier, just like you can avoid having to feed poor innocent chickens to meat-eating slimes by only ranching slimes that don't have to eat chickens.

I personally have wanted a mechanic to either have slimes that eat other slimes or a reason for raising Tarr on your ranch, and I've also wanted an aquatic slime, so your idea fills both of those categories, and I do agree with all of your points! If you don't want to be feeding slimes to other things, then you don't have to keep a slime that eats slimes (just like how I don't keep Boom Slimes because I'd really rather not die). My only issue is that they only eat slimes with a certain plort value. I could understand not having them eat Pink Slimes, but I also agree that traveling out to the Moss Blanket for food that you can't grow more of on your ranch makes them not worth keeping. Either they should be able to eat Tabby, Rock, and Phosphor Slimes, or you should be able to breed slimes or otherwise get more of them without having to find them in the wild.

And about the Slime Sea: It's noted in the Slimepedia that slimes most likely use it for travel. They quickly sink upon first entering it, but are able to pop out wherever they'd like. They wouldn't be able to use it for travel if they couldn't swim in it, because they couldn't get back out of it once they were in. Therefore, slimes can obviously swim in the Slime Sea, so it makes sense that some types of slime would be better swimmers and/or more buoyant than others. The Deep Slime being able to float on the top of the Slime Sea makes perfect sense, considering that.
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm really not sure about letting them eat n15-tier slimes, since their plorts are pretty expensive... but then, I guess you can still get profit from feeding Hen Hens to a Boom Slime, so that's sort of equivalent? Hmm...

... Yeah, letting them eat Rock/Phosphor/Tabby slimes does make sense, when you put it that way. I'll go update the first post.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Elskah wrote:And about the Slime Sea: It's noted in the Slimepedia that slimes most likely use it for travel. They quickly sink upon first entering it, but are able to pop out wherever they'd like. They wouldn't be able to use it for travel if they couldn't swim in it, because they couldn't get back out of it once they were in. Therefore, slimes can obviously swim in the Slime Sea, so it makes sense that some types of slime would be better swimmers and/or more buoyant than others. The Deep Slime being able to float on the top of the Slime Sea makes perfect sense, considering that.

You're treating the Slimes as a normal animal and not as a gelatinous blob. Swimming is not the only way to travel through a compound of water and slime, like how oil travels through the oceans after an oil spill. It's more like the Slime Sea is some sort of giant slime mold (closest thing to a real-life Slime) and the Slimes are individual cells. After all, Puddle Slimes are capable of "evaporation", so why shouldn't other Slimes be capable of "osmosis" or whatever process it is.

The Slime Sea is unsuitable for swimming and drinking, but it isn't acidic or poisonous to touch. I'm sure the slime scientists researching the Slime Sea are capable of extending a camera below the surface of the Slime Sea and observing what happens to a Slime in the Sea. The Slimeopedia entry specifically used the words "vanish" and "ends the slime's existence", like the Slime literally disappeared. It didn't say things like "sink into the depths" or "disappear from view".
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Postby Elskah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:I'm really not sure about letting them eat n15-tier slimes, since their plorts are pretty expensive...

You could also reduce the value of their plorts by a bit. Their plorts being worth 50-75 at base would make more sense; if you feed them a 15-tier slime you'd get one plort, but then feeding them a Honey Slime would make 2 plorts (thus being 100-150 per slime). I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to eat Puddle Slimes though. Puddles are too rare for me to be willing to give them up.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Okay, since we're debating over the nature of the Slime Sea, I figure it might be useful to have the Splimepedia description here so we don't have to keep going ingame to reference it (anything in red is me being a compulsive copy-editor):
The Slime Sea that covers most of the Far, Far Range is something of a mystery. It is seemingly a mixture of water and slime that is believed to be the primordial pool where all slimes emerged, though its true purpose is entirely unknown by even the most esteemed slime scientists.

What is known is that the liquid found within the Slime Sea is not fit for drinking, watering crops, or even swimming, as most things seem to quickly sink to the bottom. When a slime enters the Slime Sea it quickly vanishes, but it is widely believed that this far from ends the slime's existence, for slimes that enter the sea can often be seen quickly returning back on land, happy as ever. In fact, many slime scientists believe that slimes use the sea as a means of transportation, moving swiftly below the surface and popping out as they see fit.

But all theories aside, one fact remains very clear, most especially to ranchers: don't enter the Slime Sea!

I'd like to also point out that visibility in the Slime Sea is rubbish. Compare:

Visibility in the fresh water isn't that great, either, but it's still better compared to the murk and the glurk of the Slime Sea, and good luck strapping a camera to a slippery gooey slime to keep up with it in Slime Sea Turbo Travel Mode.

Even if slimes do change form when they enter the Slime Sea, they still necessarily must keep some cohesive this-slime-ness, because the Slime Sea doesn't end their existence (like it would be if it was destroying slimes and spitting out identical new ones somewhere else, which is not the same thing as "travelling"). Ergo, there is something in there that is that same individual slime, and it's probably very hard to see, but it's there (and if it's there, it can theoretically be eaten), and slimes must be able to reconstitute themselves while still in the Slime Sea, because we see whole slimes emerge from it, not undifferentiated ooze that then turns back into a slime's normal appearance.

Elskah wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:I'm really not sure about letting them eat n15-tier slimes, since their plorts are pretty expensive...

You could also reduce the value of their plorts by a bit. Their plorts being worth 50-75 at base would make more sense; if you feed them a 15-tier slime you'd get one plort, but then feeding them a Honey Slime would make 2 plorts (thus being 100-150 per slime). I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to eat Puddle Slimes though. Puddles are too rare for me to be willing to give them up.

Yeah, I think I'll take it down to 75.

YongYoKyo wrote:Aesthetically, it is a great looking Slime. Perhaps you should move the mouth to the front, like the octopus from Nemo. It's anatomically more accurate for an octopus if the mouth is at the bottom, but a Slime isn't limited by octopi anatomy. The Slime's mouth is a large indicator of whether a Slime is happy or hungry. It's a large portion of the Slime's facial expressions, and it would add a slight degree of inconvenience to an already-difficult Slime by hiding its mouth on the bottom.

The ear flaps do the emoting job the mouth normally would. Flaps excitedly = happy, drooping = hungry/sad, and the eyes either get angry when they're sad or n_n-like when they're happy.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Elskah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:09 pm

YongYoKyo wrote:The Slimeopedia entry specifically used the words "vanish" and "ends the slime's existence", like the Slime literally disappeared. It didn't say things like "sink into the depths" or "disappear from view".

"When a slime enters the Slime Sea it quickly vanishes, but it is widely believed that this far from ends the slime's existence, for slimes that enter the sea can often be seen quickly returning back on land, happy as ever." In other words: "When a slime enters the Slime Sea it quickly disappears from view, but it is widely believed that this does not kill the slime, for slimes that enter the Sea can often be seen quickly returning back on land, happy as ever."

OR IN OTHER WORDS: They can apparently swim (or otherwise move about in a controlled fashion, since apparently that's somehow different from swimming??) in the Slime Sea, as entering it doesn't hurt them, and they can easily exit the sea whenever they feel like it.

As such, a slime that can float and is better at moving around in the Slime Sea than other slimes makes perfect sense.

Also, may I reference a picture from another thread:
Charm wrote:Image

From here. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this appears to be a Pink Tabby Largo swimming happily in the Slime Sea, as in the post Charm stated that she was clearing the area of non-Puddle Slimes by throwing them "off the cliff behind the small pond area".
Elskah
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:14 pm

O_o Goodness, this is getting out of hand!! Calm yourselves, Ranchers!!! This is all in fun!!! Chances are very slim that any of our fan slimes, regardless of how adorable some are, will be getting into the game!! Monomi has plans after all... this game is set to release this year!! So let's all keep this friendly! Debate is fine, but being aggressive isn't cool.... Keep it civil!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Also specified by the Slimeopedia page is that everything about the Slimes "travelling" through the Sea is all theories, based on observations of seeing Slimes "vanishing" in the Sea and popping out onto land. Largos and Tarrs fall into the Slime Sea as well, but they don't pop out as Tarrs and Largos. Their "slime material" are probably reused to create regular Slimes. The "travelling" could refer to the "slime material" of the Slime, or the Slime can still maintain some semblance of self even as a fully liquid state. Alternatively, while you don't consider the deconstruction and reconstruction of Slimes as "travelling", the developers or the slime scientists may consider it as "travelling".

In the game, Slimes don't emerge from the Slime Sea, but rather from the ground. My theory is that from the Sea, the slime seep into small cracks in the coral islands and pop out of the ground as regular Slimes.

(About the Pink Tabby Largo, it is probably a bug. Pink Slimes, Tabby Slimes, and other Largos don't float.)
Last edited by YongYoKyo on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Next

Return to Slime Design