A theory about the quantum slime

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A theory about the quantum slime

Postby Shydragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:57 pm

We all know that the quantum slime is set to be added along with a new resource once they finish the Ruins. However, I have a theory (pun not intended) about these guys!

What were the two most recent slimes to be added? The crystal and hunter slimes. The hunter slime is a relative of the tabby slime, the first meat eating slime that you will encounter. Their favorite food is the roostro, which cannot be farmed on its own, but will appear alongside other chickens. The crystal slime is a relative of the rock slime, the first veggie eating slime you will encounter. Their favorite food is the odd onion, which cannot be farmed on its own, but will appear alongside other vegetables.

Do you see where I'm going with this? I believe that the quantum slime will be a relative of the phosphor slime, and the new resource will be a fruit found growing on other fruit trees (perhaps in the Moss Blanket?) that will not be able to be grown on its own. I think this makes sense, because a major part of quantum physics is the study of light and energy, which would tie it to the phosphor slime, and then the trifecta of new slimes would be complete!
Shydragon
Rancher

Re: A theory about the quantum slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:04 pm

I like this theory.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:17 pm

the quantum slime would make much more sense to be a relative of rad slimes. crystals are similar to rock slimes, hunters to tabby. arguable honey to pink. the meteor and mosaic slimes that have been hinted at in the game's code are likely related to the boom slimes, and i'd guess phosphor for mosaic since that makes a bit more sense to me since they both use light in some way. quantum mechanics is a clearly very scientific thing, and would make much more sense to be a relative to the rad slime. though i am still curious as to what that means for the last remaining slots on the plort market.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:25 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:I like this theory.

Simple
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:25 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:I like this theory.

Simple
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Postby Dragonking » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 pm

This could be cool tho it would make sense if it would be a relitive of the rad slimes

But the would be silver and all that.
The rare but elusive Dragon slime

How many lowes could Rod Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob lowes
Dragonking
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:52 pm

there's 2 more slots that still need to be filled on the plort market after the 3 new slimes that we know of. i'd bet one of those will eventually be a puddle slime variant, but that still leaves one mystery slime...
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby HIME » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:41 pm

So more on this theory...
Take a look at this suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=994&p=7576&hilit=quantum+slime&sid=bd664f5bc4bb794acbd7ff485f452aea#p7576
The original: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=501&p=4582&hilit=slime+suggestion+quantum+slime#p4582

Some things to note are; the name (obviously), where it lives, and what it eats.
The name is the same- it's the Quantum Slime noted in the "in dev" post.
Now look at the place it lives in: it lives in a ruin-type place and the Quantum Slime is (presumably) going to be in The Ruins.
It eats a fruit- the Ash Lemon. Although the name might not be the same when it comes out, according to this theory, it should eat fruit, and I believe that PrismSlime is wrong about it being a relative of the Rad Slime. Although it makes sense, I agree, but the Rad Slime eats veggies. Unfortunately, the Hunter Slime's relative is the Tabby Slime and they both eat one type of food- meat. Same with the Crystal Slime. So, if the Quantum Slime were to have a relative, it would be someslime that eats fruits. Like the Phosphor Slime, as Shydragon suggested...
HIME
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:05 pm

while that is very interesting, even if the devs did decide to choose that particular fan-slime to implement, they could still easily change things if they feel it suits the slime better. besides, there's hundreds of slime ideas all over the place. and only so many plausible biomes that anyone could come up with. it could just as easily be a huge coincidence.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby HIME » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Ok.
I like puddle slimes. They are cute.
I'm a roostro king. No slime shall eat me. More than 1 trillion chickens bow towards me.
Visit my favorite forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4274
Plz read FAQ before posting questions...
HIME
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 am

HIME wrote:So more on this theory...
Take a look at this suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=994&p=7576&hilit=quantum+slime&sid=bd664f5bc4bb794acbd7ff485f452aea#p7576
The original: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=501&p=4582&hilit=slime+suggestion+quantum+slime#p4582

Some things to note are; the name (obviously), where it lives, and what it eats.
The name is the same- it's the Quantum Slime noted in the "in dev" post.
Now look at the place it lives in: it lives in a ruin-type place and the Quantum Slime is (presumably) going to be in The Ruins.
It eats a fruit- the Ash Lemon. Although the name might not be the same when it comes out, according to this theory, it should eat fruit, and I believe that PrismSlime is wrong about it being a relative of the Rad Slime. Although it makes sense, I agree, but the Rad Slime eats veggies. Unfortunately, the Hunter Slime's relative is the Tabby Slime and they both eat one type of food- meat. Same with the Crystal Slime. So, if the Quantum Slime were to have a relative, it would be someslime that eats fruits. Like the Phosphor Slime, as Shydragon suggested...

Since there's so many slime ideas being made, it's bound to happen that a new slime might be like one of the fan ideas.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby sarahhannah » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm

When I look at the just released "in development" screenshots of the ruins, the rotating orb reminds me of zombie's quantum slime drawing. The glowing blue side of the orb looks like the slime's center. The shockwave around the orb when it turns also matches the clear edges of zombie's slime. Then there's lemon-yellow trees! Even if the trees do not bear lemons, I don't think the color is an accident. Maybe the quantum slimes will look pretty similar to a blue orb with a clear outside or this is a homage to the original design? What do y'all think?
sarahhannah
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:59 am

sarahhannah wrote:When I look at the just released "in development" screenshots of the ruins, the rotating orb reminds me of zombie's quantum slime drawing. The glowing blue side of the orb looks like the slime's center. The shockwave around the orb when it turns also matches the clear edges of zombie's slime. Then there's lemon-yellow trees! Even if the trees do not bear lemons, I don't think the color is an accident. Maybe the quantum slimes will look pretty similar to a blue orb with a clear outside or this is a homage to the original design? What do y'all think?

How would this be possible if the blog post was released before zombie's idea?
And why would they do that?

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby sarahhannah » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 am

[quote="HIME"]So more on this theory...

I followed these links to see zombie's original idea. It was posted in 2016 -a year ago. So I think it is possible.
sarahhannah
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 am

sarahhannah wrote:
HIME wrote:So more on this theory...

I followed these links to see zombie's original idea. It was posted in 2016 -a year ago. So I think it is possible.

Oh, you're talking about this thread. I thought that you were talking about some other thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I looked at this thread, and it seems to be indeed possible.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby sarahhannah » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:55 am

Sorry for that, EmeraldPlay.
I had just looked at the dev blog, lamenting the lack of quantum slime info, when I came across zombie's original quantum slime drawing through that link to the old thread. The similarities between elements of the blog pics and zombie's original post seemed to slap me in the face. I'm probably reading too much into it b/c I want to think I found a hidden clue! Anyways, I was super excited and was not very clear.
I'm still too excited to think it might be a hidden tidbit.I can't evaluate it rationally.
sarahhannah
Rancher

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 am

Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 pm

that's awesome, but noticeably dangerous o-o i obviously don't know much about quantum mechanics (cuz why would i) but i really had now idea how they would function with that given description! i'm more than willing to wait as long as i need to, but i would love if 0.5 came out before my 3 weeks off ended so i can have all the time i want with them. but even as well maintained as my ranch is, even i would have trouble with slimes that phase through walls. the safest bet would probably be to not even bother trying to keep them corralled and just free range them. but what i usually do when ia new slime gets discovered is have one of each of its largo types on the ranch for a while. that's gonna be a lot harder with these guys and may even warrant some hydro turrets on my ranch instead of just out in the field. i hope at least some get to keep that awesome color though. i still think crystal slimes got a raw deal losing that lovely violet in their largos.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby sarahhannah » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Sweet!! Thanks Nick!
sarahhannah
Rancher

Postby HIME » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:12 am

Oops!
Last edited by HIME on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a roostro king. No slime shall eat me. More than 1 trillion chickens bow towards me.
HIME
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 am

Hate to say that the original theory was wrong, as proven by them not being honey/phosphor copies

Also, Nick's gif was misleading. Here's anothe gif he posted: https://mobile.twitter.com/monomipark/s ... 5372582912
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby HIME » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:08 pm

HIME
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm

yay that 0.5 isn't too far off, but i'm still a bit sad it'll be after my vacation days are up. =(

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby HIME » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Exactly. One more month until 0.5.0!
https://twitter.com/monomipark/status/8 ... 0696404997
HIME
Rancher

Postby sarahhannah » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 pm

https://twitter.com/NickPopovich/status ... 3472497666
Its a fruit-eating slime -You got that right, Shydragon!
sarahhannah
Rancher

Next

Return to General Discussion