Upgrade Removal Option?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Upgrade Removal Option?

Postby cloudyrei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:40 am

Heya! At some point can an option to remove upgrade features (for a small fee of course) from Corrals and Gardens be added? I'm the type who likes to move things around and try different stuff in different places so the option to change a plot without having to tear it down completely would be greatly appreciated! Like say I put up a garden and bought all the upgrades including the Scare Slime but later I decide I want to free-range slimes in that area... I'm going to have to tear down any gardens I've already built and make them all over again but ignore the Scare Slime option. Also I'd rather not have the darkening Solar Shield option on a Corral that doesn't contain Phosphor Slimes (as it obscures the cute babies ;w; ) so if I'm moving slimes around you can see how a remove option would be useful? Thanks for reading and any input would be appreciated! =D
cloudyrei
Rancher

Re: Upgrade Removal Option?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am

That's a good idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:46 am

Frustrating as it is I honestly think that's just the cost of changing your mind. I think giving refunds on upgrades/allowing removal will decrease the longevity of the game.

A better option is just to allow upgrades to be turned on or off once purchased. But if you want to change plots/move around, you still have to sell up and buy again. If there is no penalty for remodelling it removes some of the gameplay towards working for it.
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Postby cloudyrei » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 am

That's why I said you can remove them but for a fee. However... The ability to turn them on and off would probably be just as good potentially even better!
cloudyrei
Rancher

Postby Faevian » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:26 am

I recently went through this, and wondered why you couldn't just remove the scare slimes. I also didn't find it painful at all to just tear them down and rebuild them, as once I got to that point money wasn''t a problem. However when you are first starting a new ranch and every new buck is precious, I could see this helping. Personally if they implemented it, fine, if not, also fine.
Faevian
Plort

Postby cloudyrei » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:18 am

I mean yes it's not like a SUPER huge problem it's just a pain to have to tear one down and add like 6 things back onto it when I clould just have the option to remove the one I don't need/want. They added an off button to the plort collectors already so why not just do that with the other upgrades?

I'm not talking money here I'm in the late game with enough money to spare at this point I'm talking convenience.
cloudyrei
Rancher

Postby TrainCody » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37 am

cloudyrei wrote:I mean yes it's not like a SUPER huge problem it's just a pain to have to tear one down and add like 6 things back onto it when I clould just have the option to remove the one I don't need/want. They added an off button to the plort collectors already so why not just do that with the other upgrades?

I'm not talking money here I'm in the late game with enough money to spare at this point I'm talking convenience.

Um, I'm pretty sure the button you mentioned isn't an off switch, but a manual trigger.
TrainCody
Rancher

Postby cloudyrei » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 am

TrainCody wrote:
cloudyrei wrote:I mean yes it's not like a SUPER huge problem it's just a pain to have to tear one down and add like 6 things back onto it when I clould just have the option to remove the one I don't need/want. They added an off button to the plort collectors already so why not just do that with the other upgrades?

Um, I'm pretty sure the button you mentioned isn't an off switch, but a manual trigger.

Oh yeah? I must have misread the update then... I haven't actually used it myself. Regardless being able to remove things for a price would be great. It could even be as much as it costs to add the item in the first place if they are worried about the game economy.
cloudyrei
Rancher

Return to General Discussion