Real Time Gamemode Idea

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Real Time Gamemode Idea

Postby Desertmoongw » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 pm

This is just a small idea I had that I think I would at least have a lot of fun with. The Real Time Gamemode would be basically the same as the standard game, with the exception of three big changes

[*]Every in-game minute is one real life minute. If you need to wait 21 in-game hours for your drill to finish, then that's an actual full day that you need to wait.

[*]Time passes even as you are not playing. If you build your drill just before you head to bed and turn off the game, then when you wake up and start it again in 8 hours, that's 8 in-game hours passed.

[*]The current time of day is the same as your real life time. If you want Phospher Slimes, you wait tell it is actually night in real life, then it will be night in-game.
Desertmoongw
Plort

Re: Real Time Gamemode Idea

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 am

That could be interesting, but not everyone has enough time to play this game daily and check their ranches. Waiting for things would be a chore... Also, there might be problems with adding this.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 am

WAIT maybe going on my Custom gamemode Maybe you can change the game time to, like 1 - 60, 1 means 1(min) is 1 hour and 24 means 60(min) is 1 hour ingame
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Postby Desertmoongw » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:That could be interesting, but not everyone has enough time to play this game daily and check their ranches. Waiting for things would be a chore... Also, there might be problems with adding this.

Well that's why it would be a separate gamemode, people would still be able to play the normal game as it is without this if they want.
Desertmoongw
Plort

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:53 am

I do see the appeal but I think real life commitments (work/school/etc) makes real time game modes like that a bit rubbish. Also waiting so long for things gets old really fast!
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion