Exploration Suggestion

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Exploration Suggestion

Postby SuperJarren » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:19 pm

This game is awesome, I still absolutely love it, but there's one thing that really bothers me:

Okay, so, obviously this game is kinda just set up to make people want to explore. The entire world/map is giant, and all of it's incredibly interesting and unique from the rest. But... I don't know about other people, but I like exploring EVERYWHERE and finding cool places that are harder to get to. And that includes places that don't even have an actual purpose, and weren't intended to have one. For example: The giant hill on top of The Grotto. I noticed it there, and immediately thought, "I'm gonna climb that." I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I realized it was impossible to get up there, due to the complete lack of ANY ledges that the player can stand on.

There have been multiple occasions like this in many different areas, and again, for a person like me, they give a really disappointing feeling when they happen. It wouldn't be super hard to make some more ledges that could be solid and standable, right? (Like, that's an actual question, I have no idea.)

I do realize there is (at least) 1 problem with implementing this, which is the ridiculous amount of negative possibility space it would add, which would need to filled up, or at least a decent amount would. I mean, doing something like climbing the Grotto mountain and not even seeing something interesting/new up there, WOULD be a little disappointing. But in my opinion, it's nowhere near as disappointing as not getting to go up there at all.

Also, I have found places where you CAN do this, such as climbing to the highest tree in The Moss Blanket, and for that I say: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making the trees' tops possible to stand on. I had an awesome time getting up there, and I took some awesome screenshots of the sky and surrounding area.

Despite this obviously being something, fairly important to me, this game is still awesome, and I love it. Keep up the great work guys, this game is a 10/10 in my book! *thumbs up*
SuperJarren
Plort

Re: Exploration Suggestion

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:27 pm

The mountains aren't supposed to be explorable. They only act as a barrier, preventing you from reaching other places too quickly.

I suppose that devs could let you climb them, but why though?

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: Exploration Suggestion

Postby WOLRUS » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 pm

I like doing things just to do them. If I see a feral, I think, "Cool, I'm going to bait that guy into some random experiment with ridiculous variables." Do things to do them, you know?
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Return to General Discussion