Bootleg ios slime rancher

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Bootleg ios slime rancher

Postby geo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 am

I found a ios game called slime farmer thats exactly like slimeancher only with far less features and a lot simpler. Here's the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slime-f ... 90394?mt=8
geo
Rancher

Re: Bootleg ios slime rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 am

I knew about that already before. I even contacted devs and they said that they can't do much about this, especially on app store and google play.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:33 pm

These can absolutely be removed - scumbag companies stealing people's IP with website scraping, it's terrible and should be stamped out!! They have Slime Farmer, Slime Farmer 2 and paid versions etc. All using stolen graphics.

They need to be reported to Apple via this form

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-ser ... /#?lang=en

Hassle Apple like mad until they actually remove it.
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 am

I don't think that it's worth intervening. Those bootlegs will keep popping up, and those bootleggers will keep making money from this just because of Google Play and App Store having literally no rules whatsoever.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 am

I see what you mean but I have to say if it was me I would religiously do it even just to inconvenience them every time they had to take everything down. It really boils my blood that people are ripping off the hard work and creativity of fantastic, talented developers. There really should be greater regulation by Apple & Google shouldn't there.
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Postby TheMadFox » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 pm

From the look of things it is really ****, however could the devs not do something about their icon they used for the game? That is just plain copyright infringement if you ask me due to the background image used. If you look behind the slimes you can see that it uses the exact same background image of the far far ranch. I get that it may not be worth investing money on a battle they may not win for sure, but I mean in the long run.
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Postby Onyxdragon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Copying Slime Rancher is bad enough, but I looked at the other games this specific developer has made and EVERY SINGLE GAME is a blatant ripoff of another much more popular game. So even if the devs can't do anything about it, someone else is most likely going to.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Return to General Discussion