More Stable Plort Market

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

More Stable Plort Market

Postby SnailsAttack » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:23 pm

From what I've seen, the plort market in Slime Rancher is extremely unstable. If you happen to sell a lot of ports in one day, the price can decrease by a COLOSSAL amount, and take an extremely long time to balance back out.

Thats why I think that the market should work differently.

If you sell a certain number of plorts in one day, say, maybe 25 or so, the market price for them should slowly decrease by 5% for every 25 plorts after that. So if you sold 125 plorts in one day, the sell price for that plort would decrease by 25%. The sell price should then rise by 15% for every following day, stopping at 0%.

However, it should also be possible to increase the price of a plort by selling many plorts of a different type. For example, if you sell a bunch of pink plorts one day, every other plort should have their sell prices increased by 1% the next day. The sell prices for every plort would decrease by 5% each day after, until it reached 0%.

I'm not providing numbers for my second suggestion because I feel as though it would be too complicated to understand.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Re: More Stable Plort Market

Postby Conrad500 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:28 pm

If you sell a lot, it goes down a lot. a 25% drop after you just soaked a few hundred plorts seems like nothing. It's not like you can't just sleep a few days or explore instead. If you want a stable market, you can't destabilize the market.
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby CashMoney » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 am

Yeah, it does that for a reason. You cant just flood the market with a ton of something and not expect the drop to be proportional, thats just how supply/demand works. Raise a variety of slimes instead and donate their plorts to SLIMEY SCIENCE when their prices are low.
Introducing... The Shiba Slime!

You: "Don't you think that's enough honey-boom largos?"
Me: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CashMoney
Rancher

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 am

If you know how the Real stock market works then you know why it dose it
If you buy alot of stocks from (lets say) apple, then apples stock price will go down up because they will get more money, but if you sell alot of stocks it will ("crash") go down because they dont want to be losing all that money.

(Now correct me if im wrong)
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Return to General Discussion