Is this intentional?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Is this intentional?

Postby sportakus1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:13 pm

You can fly up outside map/game area and get in areas like in that shrine place or behind the "in work" wooden gate?

If so, I reallyl ike doing that cause I feel like exploring unfinished things that I feel awesome doing that.

I am waiting this game to be finished. It looks awesome!
sportakus1
Chickadoo

Re: Is this intentional?

Postby Nakhryn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:21 pm

I don't think it's intentional, it's more that it's not the Devs' main concern right now. The zone behind the WIP gate is nothing special, it's still a part of the Dry Reef. As for the shrine, the only way to access it is and will always be by Jetpack.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Nakhryn wrote:As for the shrine, the only way to access it is and will always be by Jetpack.

How do you know it always will be by jetpack? It is possible that a path could be made to it later. I saw a path or two that look very much like they'll lead to there...
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:45 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:As for the shrine, the only way to access it is and will always be by Jetpack.

How do you know it always will be by jetpack? It is possible that a path could be made to it later. I saw a path or two that look very much like they'll lead to there...

But why would they? Keeping it only accessible by jetpack would give some type of progression instead of just running to it and grabbing/feeding whatever is on the "Shrine". Players would actually have to progress through the upgrades and explore more of the game before being able to go on it.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby skydart » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:

But why would they? Keeping it only accessible by jetpack would give some type of progression instead of just running to it and grabbing/feeding whatever is on the "Shrine". Players would actually have to progress through the game before being able to get on it.
It would also give a bit of a thrill, if going there is worth the risk of falling into the sea.
skydart
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Exactly.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:

But why would they? Keeping it only accessible by jetpack would give some type of progression instead of just running to it and grabbing/feeding whatever is on the "Shrine". Players would actually have to progress through the upgrades and explore more of the game before being able to go on it.

Well that sounds interesting but I am still quite sure that the developers have planned to add paths that lead to that area. I also already discovered a place that really looks like a big open entrance to an imaginary path which would lead exactly into the direction of the ranch. With the only issue that there's no such path yet, so that the side of the ranch where it would lead to and the entrance as well both are just a direct way into the Slime Sea.
Because of that I'm very certain that to all of those places there will be paths added so that you aren't forced to fly over the Slime Sea.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't enjoy some islands you can only reach by jetpack. I really hope that we will see something like that in the future updates.
And because of the fact that the developers implemented such a jetpack upgrade I bet that that will happen. I don't think that they only implemented that to help the player getting faster over some smaller hills. ^^
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:58 pm

I like being able to go on top of walls and explore otherwise inaccessible placeswith the jet pack (not least because my neurological disability makes navigating without a minimap very difficult and being able to get a bird's-eye view of my surroundings helps), but, especially with that one high-up crate in the Mossy Blanket, it's hard to tell which high-up places are intentional and which aren't.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby sportakus1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:24 am

The shrine.

I imagine a big sline that is very rare and cant be picked up and only feed with special food.

The big slime is a new type, thats why I say its rare. :P

And all types of slimes for be around him, even on the island.
sportakus1
Chickadoo

Postby Cherriey » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:46 am

I think it would be hilarious if the Boom Gordo ends up being there. If its explosions end up giving you a bit of push back imagine the challenge of trying not to fall into the water. lol
Cherriey
Rancher

Return to General Discussion