A Sweet new idea

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A Sweet new idea

Postby jiphaas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:18 am

Candy Slime

So sweet you want to lick em

Diet:Veggies (lol)

Favorite: Sweet Corn (Found in Mossblanket)

Simology: Most rangers agree that the candy slime looks beautiful in it's white and red sugary shell.
A lot of people don't realize a lot of candy manufactures use Candy Slime plorts as a main ingredient.

Ranger Risks: The Candy Slime has a sweet tooth for the plorts of other slimes which can lead to unintended largos.
Candy Slimes love plorts so much they sometimes prioritize them over food. Other Slimes don't like the plorts from the Candy Slime
as mutch as the Honey plorts because they have to put a lot of effort in biting them open.

Plortonomics: Candy plorts are mainly sold to candy manufacturers because of the sugar in them.
Candy plorts are also sold in supermarkets as a treat to make kids stop crying.

Thank you for reading my idea!
jiphaas
Plort

Re: A Sweet new idea

Postby irdog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:48 am

Good idea I love new Sweet slimes
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby sportakus1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:13 am

+1
sportakus1
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:53 am

But... why would a CANDY slime be in the jungle?
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 pm

jiphaas wrote:Candy Slime

So sweet you want to lick em

The pun is cheesey, try for a non-tangy pun next time please, the next back mustn't be undercooked or overcooked! Or grating!

jiphaas wrote:Diet:Veggies (lol)

Wat.

jiphaas wrote:Simology: Most rangers agree that the candy slime looks beautiful in it's white and red sugary shell.
A lot of people don't realize a lot of candy manufactures use Candy Slime plorts as a main ingredient.

So what? Those 'natural flavourings' in our foods is just badger ****. Blunt but true.

jiphaas wrote:Ranger Risks: The Candy Slime has a sweet tooth for the plorts of other slimes which can lead to unintended largos.
Candy Slimes love plorts so much they sometimes prioritize them over food. Other Slimes don't like the plorts from the Candy Slime
as mutch as the Honey plorts because they have to put a lot of effort in biting them open.

That biting thing makes no sense, Slimes seem to absorb food, not eat it (We can assume the crunch we hear is the food being broken down rapidly into compressed matter, which we call a plort)

jiphaas wrote:Plortonomics: Candy plorts are mainly sold to candy manufacturers because of the sugar in them.
Candy plorts are also sold in supermarkets as a treat to make kids stop crying.

That's oddly specific, however Honey Slimes already fill the plortonomics you suggested, try something that is different, like for example a 'retro slime' a slime that is fused with Rancher's video games after eating them, their plorts could be used as figurines and collectibles, as they are blocky and easy to cut. Although this is stepping into the world of just weird stuff.

This idea in general is just not fleshed out well, might want to improve. The method I use for coming up for slimes is I think what they are, then a plort use, if it doesn't work, I don't use it, I have like 10 ideas I scrapped because they sucked. (For example, a Metal Slime, but I thought it was too generic, another example is an Electric Slime (Which I thought was over suggested), but I used these two bad ideas, to form one good idea because they both worked when put together. The 'Dynamo Slime' which has a magentic plort that can be used for locking bank vaults, pretty useful plort, right?

I am thinking of a 'how-to write a slime idea' guide, just a quick, easy to digest tips and tricks on how to make an easily made fleshed out slime idea. If you liked my advice, I would appreciate your opinion on this :) If not, that's fine, more power to ya'
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Return to General Discussion