Idea for The Overgrowth

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Idea for The Overgrowth

Postby Bigmatter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:42 pm

So, I've always wanted to have free range slimes since it seems like it gets a bit cramped in the corrals. The Overgrowth seems like a great place to do so, but it would be difficult and time-consuming to get plorts and feed the slimes without running around a lot.

So, what if the whole of The Overgrowth was similar to a large corral? There could be upgrades (at a higher price) to have plort collectors installed and have the output of it placed at the top of the center piece.There could also be upgrades to have walls put up at all of the entry points and to possibly change which type of chicken naturally spawns. The plots could stay as well, and they could be used as natural Auto-Feeders by building gardens so you can include a slime's favorite food.
Last edited by Bigmatter on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigmatter
Chickadoo

Re: Idea for The Overgrowth

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Maybe this could be a good idea for a new ranch expansion or something, since the Overgrowth naturally generates food and free-ranging slimes would be very easy here.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: Idea for The Overgrowth

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 pm

i feel like free ranging slimes is more for the slimes than for the resources. i keep hunters free-range in my overgrowth, but still use it for food for other slimes and sell/refine whatever hunter plorts i happen to suck up while i'm harvesting.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion