Suggestions: Food Store, Bigger Vac Pack etc.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions: Food Store, Bigger Vac Pack etc.

Postby Carly210 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Ok first off I think we need a store in this game for food resources. I have run into the problem that after about hour 2 money takes a back seat which kind of deafeats the purpose of making lots of money. I think the store should consist of all the food resources in the game. Of course to keep things balanced in the game there should be a limit to how many items you can buy in a game day, different resources on different days as well as you only being able to purchase items you've discovered. I find that this would be helpful especially for the odd onions since ordinarily in each harvest you can get anywhere between 1 and 8. (8 is the highest I've ever harvested from 1 crop) Or it could be fun to be able to buy our simes treats that can't be found anywhere in the slime world, such as grapes, pastries, or heck even something like cat nip to calm slimes.

Secondly, I think we should get a bigger upgrade for our Vac Packs or at the very least being able to put more of the same resource in another vac pack slot, like being able to fill all 4 slots with pogo fruit and stuff. I don't know about anyone else but I like to be able to make a long trip for one resource that I'm very low on and the 50 item carry limit is kinda a bummer.

Third, for the gardens please bring the crop timer back! I can't stress this one enough. I don't know how much time I've wasted running and waiting for food sources to grow because my garden ran out and I used the last fruit or veggie. It's a bit too time consuming for my taste considering we have to run all over for extractors now. (Even though teleporting shaves off time there's still a lot of running around.)

P.S.
It would be pretty fantastic if a food collector was added as an upgrade for the corrals so our foods don't go bad just because the slimes didn't eat them soon enough.
Carly210
Plort

Re: Suggestions: Food Store, Bigger Vac Pack etc.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:05 am

Good suggestions, although the food store should sell only things that aren't available in the wild, as the current foods available are abundant and easy to find.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby duskflower » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:51 am

Have you unlocked Slime Science yet? That's a huge money sink.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby Conrad500 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:37 am

That's not a money sink at all, not once you've got the slimes going.

Pink slimes are the only slimes I don't have in excess, and even that i'm not hurting for, just not in excess.

Late game drops off hard once you unlock all the blueprints. Pretty much just finding the treasure pods, which is also fun, but it's not much.
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby duskflower » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Conrad500 wrote:That's not a money sink at all, not once you've got the slimes going.

Pink slimes are the only slimes I don't have in excess, and even that i'm not hurting for, just not in excess.

Late game drops off hard once you unlock all the blueprints. Pretty much just finding the treasure pods, which is also fun, but it's not much.

Ehhh, the fashion pods, Slime Stage, etc. are really expensive. The game is hardly done - there's two more areas to go, including the end-game Glass Desert, so a break or starting afresh may be a good idea ^-^ I personally am doing a challenge of keeping every largo in the game, free-range in the cave. It's quite challenging :o
duskflower
Rancher

Return to General Discussion