Some quality of life resource management suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Some quality of life resource management suggestions

Postby Archerofyail » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:34 pm

So this doesn't really apply to early game stuff but at late game this starts to matter a lot more:

1. Provide an upgrade that lets us empty an entire vac tank into a storage container (silo, warp depot, refinery, etc.).

2. Provide one to let us suck an entire vac tank's worth of stuff into a vac tank. I spend so much time just taking and depositing stuff into storage tanks, and to be honest, if I wasn't so worried about losing plorts on the ground, it would be better to just not have them because it's just so much faster to suck plorts up if they're not in a storage tank.

2. Let us increase the size of silos and plort collectors. I would be fine with paying 2k newbucks for it, because, where I'm at with the game, if leave the ranch for more than a day or 2, there's another 100+ plorts just sitting in each corrals (~12 largo slimes + feeding them their favourite food with an auto-feeder). Also I don't really use silos that much, it seems kind of a waste of space if they can only hold 100 in each tank. This would also go really well with the 2 upgrades above

3. Add a silo Link like the refinery link that can be connected to a silo. It would be permanent, like the depots, and would let you transport more stuff. For balance reasons, it could limit the silo to only storing up to 100 item in each tank (if point 3 is being considered), or it could limit the silo to only having 2 slots. You could just show what's in the silo on the screen, or it could look like a little mini-silo, and have each one showing on a different side like silos do now.
Archerofyail
Plort

Re: Some quality of life resource management suggestions

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Those ideas are good.

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:59 pm

i currently have so much to take care of every day that by the time i'm done feeding everyone and sorting our their plorts, everything's grown again and it's time to repeat the process xD i'm currently even completely full up on pink plorts in the refinery since i haven't placed any extractors yet since i'm making 36 of each so i can get all the treasure pods in one go. i haven't streamlined everything yet with warps, but i could still really use some slime bot helpers or some sort of automation at this point. especially if we're to get even more ranch expansions past what we already have.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby flick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm

this is where i'm at too. every time i play, i wish for some kind of way to control the amount of feeding from the autofeeder. It's frustrating to have 4 or 5 slimes in one corral and to have the food that i've gathered not go to good use because it's spurted out too much for how many slimes i have. a lot of time is spent re-collecting the food and then putting it back into the auto-feeder that doesn't feel like an essential or intended part of the game.

when each area has their own unique slime corrals that need their own unique source of food, it can be tedious to collect all the different kinds of food (and only a certain amount because of the vac tank's limits which ultimately requires multiple trips), feed the slimes directly or put the food into the auto-feeder, and then collect excess food so i can forego a trip if i need to.

i'm fine with the trade-off of foraging the different areas for not receiving a certain amount of plorts, but i feel like the opportunity cost of leaving is really high.
flick
Plort

Postby TrainCody » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm

I have another simple solution to a lot of this... downsizing.
TrainCody
Rancher

Postby flick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 pm

TrainCody wrote:I have another simple solution to a lot of this... downsizing.

while it's true that i can downsize, that isn't a lot of fun. true, i could consolidate everything into two areas and i already have the majority of my slimes on a beet diet.

just offering my thoughts on what would make the game more fun and enjoyable for me.
flick
Plort

Return to General Discussion