Slimetastic Suggestions!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slimetastic Suggestions!

Postby Rendezvousx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi everyone! I finally got my hands on Slime Rancher and I absolutely love it, but like everyone else I have a few suggestions of my own.

MORE RESOURCES
1. Ducks - Females could be called Duck Ducks because why not? Males could be called Drakero and the ducklings could be called Duckaroos so that they'd match up with their chicken counterparts. They could be found wherever you could find puddle slimes, and they'd have to be kept in a pond that supplies fish instead of bugs to keep them happy. Maybe there could be a cousin of the puddle slime that would have ducks as their favorite food?

2. Rabbits - Could be called Bun Buns and they could be an additonal favorite of the hunter slimes. They could live a coop like structure with a hutch. They could also reproduce by just having two or more.

3. Pigs Not exactly a resource per se, but just as some games demonstrate pigs collecting truffles, maybe the rancher could have a pig, or maybe a pig slime that could collect a certain amount of plorts in the areas close to the exterior of the ranch. It'd have to be upgraded to collect more than a certain amount.

4. Fish There could be different type of fish that could be kept in a pond area.

SLIMESSSS IN THE ICE MACHINE
I know more slimes are on the way in the future,

1. Color Variation - I think some slimes should occasionally have a different color counterpart. Say Pink Slimes could have a counterpart in Orange Slimes, they'd have to be colors that other slimes didn't have quite yet. These slimes would operate the same way as Pink Slimes, but would have different colors based on the location they are found in. Feed their plorts to another type of slime, and instead of a Pink Rock Slime, you'd get an Orange Rock Slime! Pink Slimes wouldn't be able to eat the plorts of the other slimes because they're basically the same type of slime.

UNDER THE SLIME SEA
1. Maybe, just maybe, like how a rancher can eventually get the jet pack, they can eventally get a submarine, maybe through the science lab. With this sub they can venture underneath the slime sea for a limited amount of time and can potentially vaccum up underwater slimes in their sub's vacpak. These slimes would always have to be submerged under water and can only eat the plorts of other slimes found in the slime sea, they'd have to have a corral filled with water, like an aquarium. They'd only be for the most experienced ranchers because their plorts can only be collected via plort collectors.

Some possible underwater slimes... Marine Slime - the most basic underwater slime, similar to the Pink Slime, Kelp Slime - covered in a kelp like substance, likes veggies, Chomp Slime - aggressive like the tar, but an underwater cousin to the Hunter Slime - eats fish, meat. Any largo made from a Chomp Slime will be aggressive as well. Coral Slime - rare, shy slime that is similar to the rock slime but has coral like shapes on its body. Favorite food would be a type of fish.
Rendezvousx
Plort

Re: Slimetastic Suggestions!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Good ideas, however the slime sea idea couldn't become a thing due to what is stated in it's slimepedia page:
"The Slime Sea that covers most of the Far, Far Range is something of a mystery. It is seemingly a mixture of water and slime that is believed to be the primordial pool where all slimes emerged, though its true purpose is entirely unknown by even the most esteemed slime scientists.

What is known is that the liquid found within the Slime Sea is not fit for drinking, watering crops, or even swimming, as most things seem to quickly sink to the bottom. When a slime enters the Slime Sea it quickly vanishes but it is widely believed that this far from ends the slime's existence, for slimes that enter the sea can often be seen quickly returning back on land, happy as ever. In fact, many slime scientists believe that slimes use the sea as a means of transportation, moving swiftly below the surface and popping out on land wherever they see fit."

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion