Disabling Tarr?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Disabling Tarr?

Postby Knaati » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 pm

I find this game to be a spectacular source of stress relief, except for one thing: the Tarr. While I am very adept at shooting them, it makes me so sad to see such cute slimes become nasty creatures that eat their former peers. I find myself not wanting to leave my farm so I don't have to see such unsightly creatures. My girlfriend also laments that she can't have free range slimes due to the risk of a Tarr outbreak, so I think there are a lot of possibilities that would open up if you could disable the Tarr from forming.

Do any of you think you would have a better experience if you were able to disable Tarr from being formed? Whether it be that Largo's no longer eat any plorts, or a Largo that eats a third type of plort explodes (either into nothingness or plorts), anything would be better for me than those awful grimy Tarr.

*In case it isn't clear I don't want them to remove Tarr from the entire game, but rather have a toggle option in the settings to turn on/turn off Tarr.
Knaati
Plort

Re: Disabling Tarr?

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 am

that's literally the entire purpose of the water turrets. i had no less than 40 around the entire range and most tarr would be swiftly dealt with before even having a chance to eat any other slime. there's still a few blind spots of course, but they're hardly a threat once you have enough defense. also, you can still somewhat free range- so long as its only a single slime type or largo combo each per ranch expansion. obiously the well surrounded overgrowth and grotto being the best locations. i have all the locations for my turrets mapped out by screen shots that i can share with you if you want. (i decided to delete and restart my save since it had a bug that prevented certain gadgets from unlocking) it might be a bit tricky to properly describe where they are if you can't tell from the images though.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Conrad500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:16 am

As I stated earlier, having a place where we can feed slimes for happiness instead of plorts would be amazing.

Allowing us to keep all the different kinds of slimes in an area without fear of tar and without having to pen them up sounds like the greatest thing ever.

If slimes are in an area where they can't make plorts, then they can't form tar, and it'd just be for fun, not profit, which is one of the major areas this game is hurt (I'm not saying that it's not fun, just that filling my area full of slimes and living in slime world would be the best, no?)
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:25 am

No.
Tarrs are our friends too and need respect,I always feed them some hen hens and then, put them apart the another guys.
They sometimes even don't attack me.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:29 am

Conrad500 wrote:As I stated earlier, having a place where we can feed slimes for happiness instead of plorts would be amazing.

Allowing us to keep all the different kinds of slimes in an area without fear of tar and without having to pen them up sounds like the greatest thing ever.

If slimes are in an area where they can't make plorts, then they can't form tar, and it'd just be for fun, not profit, which is one of the major areas this game is hurt (I'm not saying that it's not fun, just that filling my area full of slimes and living in slime world would be the best, no?)

That would be a great thing to have.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby HappyRainbew » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 am

I agree, if there might be a hard mode, why not an easy mode?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:24 am

HappyRainbew wrote:I agree, if there might be a hard mode, why not an easy mode?

I don't think Slime Rancher needs an easy mode.It is easy like it is right now,except when you have 18 different kinds of Slime like me,then,it gets stressful when the Honey Tabbies start to jump out of the corrals >_<
Tarr are just easy things to control if you have Hen Hens, a water tank or a Hydro Turret.
Also,who will create a new game mode for just disabling Tarr and Ferals?It would only make it boring and make the adult players get tired of the game easily and start adventure mode.
Easy Mode would be like a tutorial.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby Conrad500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:25 am

Easy mode is dumb. Keep items when you die and no tars? Then there's no point of teleporters since you can just jump off a cliff. This game is 100% easy.

I'd like to see an alternate area where slimes can't make plorts (no money, no tars, no making largos unless you bring plorts) and you can just have fun with slimes, because there's not much of that.

It'd be an area for you to make all of the decorations and stuff, maybe add more fun buildables like the launch pads, slime slides, geysers that can shoot slimes in the air, anything could work.

I want to have fun without worrying about tar, rock/crystal/boom/rad to hurt you and you don't have to run after slimes so they they don't become largos. I barely ever see rock slimes because there's so many pink plorts always by them.

I'd love an area to just ENJOY slimes, since there's so much to enjoy about them.
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:47 am

you can get rock and tabby slimes pretty easily by going to the reef area outside your overgrowth. if you sweep all the slimes into the sea they'll respawn and you can get as many as you want. though it might take a while.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Conrad500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:03 pm

I understand that, my point is that you rarely get to see a non largo slime for long before they change. I can't even go run into the middle of my rock/crystal slime corral without seeing red nonstop.

Slimes are great, and they shouldn't be changed, but a mode/area where they can't hurt you or grow into largos/tar would be AMAZING don't you think?
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby FoxyBoxes » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:55 pm

I have no idea what you're on about. I free range slimes all over the place. Pink just outside the ranch, tabby in the place that spawn chickens and phosphorus in my fruit growing cave. The more dangerous slimes are still corraled on the main ranch, but that's besides the point.
FoxyBoxes
Rancher

Postby Onyxdragon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 am

I honestly think this is a nice idea, and I would enjoy it for some crazy experimenting or just to have a really laid back game experience. And to the people saying the game is already easy, literally everyone knows that, and this kind of game mode wouldn't be because it's "too hard". But overall, I think a peaceful mode would be a fun addition.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby Conrad500 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks onyx, that's exactly it.

You CAN have slimes free range if you're careful and sacrifice how you build it, and yeah, even that is easy since I can destroy and rebuild my entire ranch with money to spare.

You can, but that's not fun. The game how it is IS fun. This isn't a change, it's an addition I'd look forward to.

I haven't played sonic advance or whatever game it is, but this is more like a chao garden minigame.
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:50 am

normally i'd want anything i love to have a slime version, but a chao slime would just look like a severed chao head so i think i'll pass on that ;-;

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

And what about ferals D:
They are hungry slimes...and one day I got one and added to my ranch...but it escaped,and eat my chickens.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

GreatRancher wrote:And what about ferals D:
They are hungry slimes...and one day I got one and added it to my ranch...but it escaped,and eat my chickens.

And here's a post of a post.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby WOLRUS » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

On ferals, I challenge you to make a feral menagerie in some other ranch expansion so you can look on them as a testimony to your awesome skills.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Return to General Discussion