A few quality of life changes I would like to see.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A few quality of life changes I would like to see.

Postby JoshJustFails » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:45 am

1. Ability to suck food out of a corral feeder

2. Some form of upgrade for of replanter for gardens
(So either an expensive upgrade that makes the type of farm permanent only way to change is to destroy the farm OR the ability to put multiple fruit/veg of the same type into the farm and there is a bar to show you how used up your fruit/veg is)

3. Would love to see a market link (like the refinery link)

4. Garden/Coop upgrade that stores grown food into a box that you can pick up.

5. Science thing that allows you to auto transfer things from box to box.
(So you could go into science mode select a plort collector and nearby silo and the plorts would automatically get transferred into the silo)

6. Infinite sprint.

7. Reduce the amount of pink plorts needed for science

8. More space in vac-pack.

(some of these are more like wishes than suggestions but y'know you could make infinite sprint cost like 1 mil)

Whatcha guys think ???
JoshJustFails
Plort

Re: A few quality of life changes I would like to see.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:12 am

Good ideas, however I don't agree with having infinite sprint.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Conrad500 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:05 am

1. I'd rather a way to shoot it out, or queue a new food. Waiting for it to shoot out those last 3 food so you can add a new food is boring. I'm guessing that's the same issue you want to fix?

2. reduced yeild by 20% but never have to replant would be nice (fiddling with numbers if fine, but you get the idea)

3. I don't see why not (other than not being able to see prices)

4. How would you be able to tell the difference between food and breeding? Food collector could be the same as #2. Lose some yeild, but you end up getting more since you don't lose any to spoiling on the ground.

5. Seems too much IMO. How would you implement it and all other sorts of problems.
My suggestion: Fill max option. Instead of taking them out 1 at a time, get the ability to fill your slot to the max.

6. So infinite jet pack too? Fully upgraded power is almost as good as infinite. Maybe a recharge module as the final upgrade so that we can wait even less time to recharge (since it'd be late game anyway and sitting still waiting for your pack to come back is annoying). I think infinite would be bad.

7. If anything INCREASE pink ports. That's the whole point. Pink plorts are the most common, most useful plorts. Supply/demand. They are super easy to get, so they're cheap, but they're super useful, so you still get something for them. If they weren't useful and super easy to get, they'd have to cost 1 each, or nothing, because what would they be good for? I like that you gotta keep the pink plorts flowing. All the other slimes are cool, but gotta show your love for the OG pinky!

8. 50 is enough. Starting out is tough, but at the end it's great. You can empty any corral/silo with 2 trips, and you can feed any gordo with 1 trip using 2 slots of non favorite food or 1 slot of favorite food. Why do you need more than 50 slots other than laziness? (that's not an insult, that's just the only reason I can see to need more space. 1 trip to the corral instead of 2)
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:52 am

1. simple enough i think
2. i don't have much of an issue with it, but it'd still be useful
3. definitely want a market link, but conrad is right about the prices not being visible being annoying. maybe a holographic display like with the fashion pods, but it only shows 1 plort and its price at a time and lets you scroll between them?
4. as with 2, i'm usually on top of my resources but i can see why people would want something like hat
5. the warp depots are already a pretty great help with getting extra resources to your slimes and i personally find them very helpful for feeding my pinks
6. you can already go pretty far with sprint, and it doesn't make sense to be able to sprint at all times. Beatrix needs to rest too ya know ;)
7. i personally think the pink plort requisite (look at me using fancy words lol) is perfect. with everything as streamlined as i've made it, i can easily make 2 sets of 6 of each extractor by the time 1 set expires. or use the plorts from that extra set towards more decorations. i'm glad that people have to love pink slimes now whether they want to or not <3
8. a lot of people seem to complain about the lack of vac slots. while they do fill up rather quickly with the new resources, i can again streamline the process very easily thanks to the warps we're provided. however, i do think we should be able to use more than one slot for the same item if the first slot is completely filled. and a key to maybe switch between an inventory for resources, and one for accessories would be fine. i wanna be able to put cute bowties or glorious mustaches on slimes all over the range, without sacrificing my resources.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Moonrunner » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:41 pm

One quality of life change I think would be great would be some sort of navigational aid. Some sort of in-game map or mini-map would be great, obviously but even just something simple like a compass would help a lot to avoid getting lost when exploring a new area, or even just to move around a known but not regularly visited area more easily.

I know I spent a bit of time getting somewhat lost in the Moss area when I first entered, especially when it got dark and navigating by the appearance of the environment got a lot harder.
Moonrunner
Plort

Postby Conrad500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:59 pm

I still get lost...
Conrad500
Rancher

Return to General Discussion