Puddle slime Plort Suggestion

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Puddle slime Plort Suggestion

Postby SevJakobs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 am

Dont you love you have a whole slot full of puddle slime plorts to take to the Plort exchange, but you cant do it up close like a civilized person. NOOOO no no no you have to stand as far away as possible arcing your shot. You're watching you plorts hit the little guy disappearing, thinking your making some sweet newbucks. There is something strange though, only a third are making the noise. Probably a audio glitch, I'll report that after I test it out with my other slime plorts. Long story short tested it out with all my other slimes plorts, saw I had more puddle plorts. Vacuum them up misfire one at the ground and knew my mistake instantly.

Yes I could've been civilized with a top hat and monocle. Was I? NO.
Yes I should've noticed my wallet not going up. But to my defense I did put corn dogs in the refrigerator to cook.
Did I know the mechanics of the Puddle Plorts? Yes, please reference corn dog defense.

Suggestion: A split second timer when the puddle plort hit the ground it remains visible before disappearing. Not enough to recover that plort just enough, when that plort bounces off the exchange and the player knows they missed and they lost that plort.
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Re: Puddle slime Plort Suggestion

Postby Elskah » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:53 am

Maybe the Puddle Plorts could play their own sound when they disappear due to touching something that's not water. Like a splashing sound? In my case, just seeing one on the ground a second before it disappears wouldn't be enough for me to stop holding left click until I've lost about five more plorts. :P
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 am

You know launching from a distance to the market is counter-productive anyway.

You have to wait until they reach the target to see if you sold them anyway, so you don't really save any time. If they fall off, you have to run over there and sell them closer.

Doing this 'fancy launch from halfway across the ranch' is useless. You waste so much time doing it. The only way you do not waste time is if you KNOW it's gonna hit, launch them all, and then go do other things. But you don't. You will wait, watch them arc, and wait till they all hit (or miss).

you will save time by just going near to the market and selling.
we all know this, so stop complaining when your water plorts are destroyed by your carelessness.

On a similar note though, it's hard to take water plorts out of the silo if you're not being very careful. There is usually that 'one' plort that comes out when you don't want another one - we all know what I'm talking about.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Elskah » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:15 am

Wee-woo, wee-woo, the fun police has arrived!
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 pm

xenxander wrote:You know launching from a distance to the market is counter-productive anyway.

You have to wait until they reach the target to see if you sold them anyway, so you don't really save any time. If they fall off, you have to run over there and sell them closer.

Doing this 'fancy launch from halfway across the ranch' is useless. You waste so much time doing it. The only way you do not waste time is if you KNOW it's gonna hit, launch them all, and then go do other things. But you don't. You will wait, watch them arc, and wait till they all hit (or miss).

you will save time by just going near to the market and selling.
we all know this, so stop complaining when your water plorts are destroyed by your carelessness.

On a similar note though, it's hard to take water plorts out of the silo if you're not being very careful. There is usually that 'one' plort that comes out when you don't want another one - we all know what I'm talking about.

Counter productive Yes! but 200% MOAR FUN!
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Wait, so puddle plorts disappearing on contact with the ground is intentional?

... Let me guess, my attempt to make Phosphor Puddle Largos is also completely pointless?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Wait, so puddle plorts disappearing on contact with the ground is intentional?

... Let me guess, my attempt to make Phosphor Puddle Largos is also completely pointless?

Yup. Can't make largos with Puddle plorts.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion