[Discuss] Daily Mission / Ranch Exchange

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Discuss] Daily Mission / Ranch Exchange

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:15 pm

I want your opinion on that subject.

To me, the Daily Mission we get feel totally useless. I don't even bother with them because :
1 - The reward is meaningless compared to what I can get from my Garden, Coop or Corral.
2 - The requirement are sometime ridiculous ( Bring 55 pink Slimes and 44 Rocky Slimes). The mission expire before I can complete it.
3 - Giving Plort and getting rewarded Pogo fruit?....

IMO (don't get angry it's only an opinion), Plort should be worth at lot less. Pink Plort should sell for "1-3" instead of "5-10". Additionally, Daily Mission should reward money. IE.: You have the option to sell your "20 pink Plort" for 2 currency each or bring them to the Daily Mission and getting rewarded 100 currency. This would feel more worth the effort.
Last edited by LittleXdav on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Re: [Discuss] Daily Mission

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

I know what you mean but it's called the Ranch Exchange not another market. And sure, the requirements are sometimes ridiculous but that's because it's completely random and it goes both ways. Once, I traded 5 pink plorts + 8 Tabby plorts for 40 hens and 15 pogo fruits.

But yeah, Daily trades should be a lot more rewarding towards the player or at least of equal value.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Alrom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:01 pm

I think a way to make them more interesting would be to give certain rewards that can only be obtained through these exchanges.

The bad thing about this is that when you really need or want said item, it can take ages for the game to decide to finally have this item as a reward. To deal with that, said reward would need to be always given through these missions.

Maybe a "reputation ticket" that is required to upgrade certain things?
Alrom
Chickadoo

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:33 pm

I like the idea of reputation to upgrade/unlock thing. Money is easy to get. Once you have a coral with 40/50 honey slime, you can basically unlock everything in a mater of 2/3 day.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby xenxander » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 am

I do like when they offer roostros as a reward. That's generally a good idea even if they ask for plorts.

I had one ask for just one plort of pink, rock, and tabby, and give me 7 roostros as a reward. A pretty solid deal.

I'm for there being an achievement at least, for doing an exchange with every other ranger.

I also would like to 'put up my own offers'. Like, if I have an excess of something, I can deposit them into the machine and ask for something in return. if the 24 hours goes by with nothing, the items will just spit back out, but if the exchange does happen, you get the crate of goods.
HOPEFULLY the crate won't just explode upon ejection like it does currently.

P.S:
can that be fixed? I like the idea of the crate coming through but not that it instantly explodes.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:52 am

I keep wishing there were a way to to level up a particular Rancher after exchanging with them repeatedly so they'd give you better offers. Not just better rewards either, but more challenging offers too. Though currently the challenging ones probably wouldn't be able to be completed in time. :/

I imagine some system is in the works to make it more interesting and useful.
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Re: [Discuss] Daily Mission / Ranch Exchange

Postby LittleXdav » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:19 pm

There is some good idea ongoing. Thanks all for your opinion!
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby ryuuchu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 pm

I think it would be cool if there were a unique slime type that you could only get through trading.
ryuuchu
Plort

Postby irdog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:37 pm

ryuuchu wrote:I think it would be cool if there were a unique slime type that you could only get through trading.

+1
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby MortalitasBorealis » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:47 pm

I'd prefer if completing Exchanges increases "relationship" points with the rancher in question. You get additional e-mails with funny tidbits from them, maybe some hints on secrets, tips not provided in the slimepedia and maybe even a little backstory on the history of the ranch and its previous owner, and certain high tier upgrades are unlocked by increasing relationship points to a certain level with specific ranchers. The exchange is the player's only interaction with other NPCs afterall, may as well make the most of it.

Harder requests can be unlocked as you raise relationship points, not harder by overwhelming you with quantity, but harder by requesting rarer slimes and resources that aren't available early-game, but are now that you have advanced. Like, Tier 1 requests would be 3-5 pink, rock and tabby slimes, Tier 2 can request boom and honey slimes etc. It's dumb to have requests for cuberries on day 2, but only ask for 3 phosphor and rock plorts when I've already "cleared" the moss blanket.
MortalitasBorealis
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion