Can i have permission to do this?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

I have an idea for something

Postby catmanthecatking » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 am

hello, I'm planning on being a game designer, I have never made a game before but I'm planning on making a game where you can go to other dimensions and interact with them. I'm only planning on starting with 3 other dimensions. Anyways, the point of this post was to ask if this was ok to do with slime rancher? I forgot to say with slime rancher at the end, fail.
Last edited by catmanthecatking on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm working on a game where you can go to other dimensions. I will be adding updates to this list on my youtube which i will add the link.... one day
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Re: I have an idea for something

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 am

This should be posted in offtopic, as it's not related to slime rancher at all.

I guess that it might be an ok idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby catmanthecatking » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm

oh sorry, i was kind of un specific, i meant was this ok to do with slime rancher
I'm working on a game where you can go to other dimensions. I will be adding updates to this list on my youtube which i will add the link.... one day
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:24 pm

I am going to create a new post where I talk more about it and put updates on it
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Can i have permission to do this?

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:29 pm

So i'm planning on making a game where you go to other dimensions, I was wondering if I can get permissions to make a slime rancher dimension and if so, can i still make my game cost money? I am new to making games, in fact, the first beta of this dimension traveling game will be my first. Anyways, until i get a response, I will make updates about the slime rancher dimension in this post. thanks for reading this far!
Last edited by catmanthecatking on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Re: Can i have permission to do this?

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

So i have thought about 2 ideas so far, buzz wax candles that have a phosphor slime made out of smog circling the flame. And Special add ons to a ring item, normally made out of silver/iron/gold but using certain materials like jellystone will add pictures of slimes dancing around the outside of the ring. 1 Last thing, if developers you are reading this, I want to add a legendary like slime out of the strange diamond, but I want it to be something thats not just a fan made slime, if you read this, please tell me a type of slime that way its technically a slime made by you. Kind of like a gold or lucky slime but "rarer" according to its backstory. like a diamond slime thats not really in the game but it is supposedly exists?
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh, and I had another quick idea, in this game you can transform into certain other creatures. By falling in the slime ocean you gain the all slime morphs! by eating a plort of any kind except gold, you gain all fusion morphs! by eating a 3rd plort, you gain the tarr morph...
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Again, this should be in the offtopic subforum.

I guess that you could do that, but that's up to the devs.
And if they allow you, you'll be no longer able to sell your game if you are intending on doing that since that would be copyright infringement.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby RazorX » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 pm

you could do an inspired by slime rancher dimension but if its gonna be a straight up copy then your gonna run into the issues mentioned by EmeraldPlay
You take the blue pill - the story ends, You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - You stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:49 pm

That is why I'm asking for permission, as far as I know, copyright is when you take someones work without their consent. If the developers say no, and I still did it, then I would be in trouble for copy right. If someone can confirm that I'm wrong please tell me. I'm just stating what my understanding is.
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Also, I would have thought that "off-topic" meant subjects that were unrelated to slime rancher
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 pm

So i have just done some more research, If the "developer" allows to use copy righted content that belongs to them, it is ok. But if they allow you to use copy righted content that doesn't belong to them like music that some one ELSE made, then the the developer can't give permission. So if i was given permission than it would be fine as long as slime rancher doesn't use any content that wasnt created by them. Also I would infact have to ask them if i can still make my game cost anything, So thanks for reminding me to ask them that.
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby HappyRainbew » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 pm

If you haven't yet, email the developers
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby catmanthecatking » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm

well either way, im not planning on doing this for a long while...
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:31 am

I'm sorry to say they aren't going to give you blanket permission to use their original creative content in a game you want to release and profit from, and especially not in a forum post. As kindly as I can say this - it's extremely unprofessional to be asking something like this over a public forum. You would need to write them an official private letter with a draft contract that is legally sound detailing which Slime Rancher assets you would be using, in what context, what payment they would receive for allowing you to use their trademarked characters, etc, etc. It's a huge thing you are asking.

I do wish you the best of luck in your ventures in the future. As a suggestion - create your own dimensions and content and don't just try to use someone else's. Original ideas are the best!
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion