Zeak's Specs, Feedback, Suggestions, Bugs & Crash Reports

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Zeak's Specs, Feedback, Suggestions, Bugs & Crash Reports

Postby ZeakStarwind » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:22 pm

This thread will be used to post my feedback, suggestions & bugs during the development of this game. I'll keep reporting bugs through F2 and here when necessary.

My Specs:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 2GB GTX 750 Ti SC
CPU: Intel Quad Core i7 930 2.8GHz
MB: ASUS P6T SE
RAM: 6GB DDR3 G.SKILL

Feedback (subject to change):

Pros:

It's a fun experience so far. Love the atmosphere of the game. Everything is so cheerful, wiggly and the music fits well with the surrounding areas, including during an event when Tars are taking over, giving you that urgency. This is a great time waster when you're either bored, sad & need something cheerful or just need that splat of slime into your life!

The Vac is such a useful all-in-one utility for all your ranging needs! It gets the job done and no additional tools are needed which makes the game simplistic and easy to use. I also love how you can breed different forms of slimes depending on whatever plorts you use for the slimes to eat.

The freedom to explore plays an important key to this game and I enjoy it a lot. Gives you that nice feeling when you see something far away that you haven't visted yet and wonder...what lies beyond the sea of slime!

Cons:

The snipit of tutorial seems to end abruptly and sometimes feel left out on what else to do in this strange land.

Too Many plorts? I mean yeah, understandably it's used for currency and breeding, but I feel like there should be some despawning when left in the world over a period of time if they are not being consumed the slimlings. ( I could not be noticing it, but maybe I have a short attention span?)

You can teleport home but not back at the area you unlocked. Feels tedious walking back when you unlock a feature to go back anytime.

The Vac seems to suck enemies behind me as well even though I'm pointing forward where visually the suction is in front of me, not behind. I'm like a tornado! Also The Vac's upgrade for pushing slimes away doesn't feel strong enough. Might as well suck one up a launch into the air.

Suggestions:

For the start of a new game, the tutorial should give more visual examples to guide you on the Far, Far Range like some MMOs do, but it doesn't have to be bloat. I love that you can toggle it on and off at will, but some people may disagree and need a little help.

If possible, not necessary, maybe give a visual upgrade to The Vac when you make an addition to your utility. Similar to Metroid Prime when Samus gets a new beam, or for better reference, Bioshock.

There should be a resizable GUI. Right now I feel like it's too big, even if I'm using 1980x1080. Not everyone has a big monitor either, so that could be useful.

Field of View (FOV) would be a nice feature.

The GUI could use a little slime touch to it. Not important but some may not like the standard style of the visual either. Mainly the health and energy bar. The rest are OK to me.

Beatrix's Home could be customizable in the future. What could work out is during your life on the Far, Far Range, after completing some achievements, you also get a little addition to your home showing what you've accomplished, If it was all still in 2D form, the rooms would start to fill with little tid bits and trinkets resembling what you did after meeting the requirements. (basically Visual Trophies)

Chameleon Slimes...That is all...=)
Last edited by ZeakStarwind on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
I choose my own path...Destiny is not of virtue. Also...Lizards...
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Re: Zeak's Specs, Feedback, Suggestions & Bugs

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Thanks very much for the feedback! Regarding chameleon slimes, we might have something kicking around in development that's similar...
Nick
Developer

Crash Error Report 1

Postby ZeakStarwind » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Not exactly sure what happened but I believe it might be affiliated with "Borderless Gaming 7.9.2215.582" that I was using while testing it with SlimeRancher to get a borderless gaming at full resolution. Playing the game was normal untill I was harvesting cubeberries in my garden which is left entrance from the main corral.

Here's the crash report I've archived via 7zip. "Game version 0.2.1"
Attachments
2015-12-27_153702.zip
Archived Crash Report
(29.87 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Last edited by ZeakStarwind on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Crash Report 2

Postby ZeakStarwind » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:36 am

I was mainly saving the game once I was done then the game just crashed all of a sudden. Not sure what else happened. Was only saving and also, no, no special characters except for still using the "_" in my save file which hasn't caused me any issues. Might be something else.

"Game Version 0.2.1" EDIT: didn't realized the new update. I'll get right to downloading it now!
Attachments
2015-12-31_011044.zip
Archived Crash Report
(30.77 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion