[BUG] Vacuum's carry capacity don't resset on new game

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[BUG] Vacuum's carry capacity don't resset on new game

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Game Version : Windows 64bit (0.2.2 from the forum)
Computer Spec : Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, 4Go ram, Ati Radeon HD 5770, Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

I believe the base carry of the Vacuum is 20. Well on my last game I started with 30... and had the option to upgrade it to "30".
On an other game I started to 40 and I had the option to upgrade it to 30 & 40 after.. when upgraded to 30 it didn't reduce the capacity to 30.. it kept it's starting capacity of 40.

I don't know if their is other thing that doesn't reset on new game.

I already reported it using the in-game option. I just wanted to also share a picture.

TurnipKnight wrote:After some testing I found that after playing in a game with upgrades, creating a new game directly after without closing the game results in some upgrades transferring over to the new game. This appears to happen if saves from older versions are used with the newest Humble Bundle version. You will need to delete the "corrupted"/old save(s) and start a new one. You can do this from the game menu. Just make sure you don't play any other saves prior to creating a new game. If you have been playing, just close the game to desktop then restart it and make a new game.

For those of you wondering where the save files are located:

C:\Users\TurnipKnight\AppData\LocalLow\SlimeRancher\SlimeRancher Prototype

Obviously your username won't be TurnipKnight. You may also need to be able to see hidden files as well. Google that one. It's easy.
Last edited by LittleXdav on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Re: [BUG] Vacuum's carry capacity don't resset on new game

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm

That's odd, I don't have that problem. O_o
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Nakhryn wrote:That's odd, I don't have that problem. O_o

Me neither. Seems to be a rather rare problem. But still: It obviously exists. I'm curious when exactly that problem occurs.

I can imagine that it probably would be very helpful for the developers if your report to them also includes your hardware. But I'm no expert in that to be honest. ^^
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:22 pm

I added the way "I believe" I produced the bug. If you guys can try it and reproduce it.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 pm

LittleXdav wrote:I added the way "I believe" I produced the bug. If you guys can try it and reproduce it.

Alright thank you. I'll try to replicate it myself. :D
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:37 pm

How by the way.... I play in "Windowed mode" and "disabled Tutorial"

Are "discovered" entry in the Slimepedia supposed to reset between game? Because mine didn't after I created a new game.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:58 pm

LittleXdav wrote:How by the way.... I play in "Windowed mode" and "disabled Tutorial"

Are "discovered" entry in the Slimepedia supposed to reset between game? Because mine didn't after I created a new game.

They should. I tried making a new game and my Slimepedia is empty.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby TurnipKnight » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 pm

If you upgraded to the latest version without deleting the previous one first, to include the "slimerancher prototype" folder, then your game may still be accessing old data. That's were all the save data and some other stuff is stored, oddly enough.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Well.. I pre-purchased the game January's 2th. Downloaded the same day here in the forum. I haven't downloaded any other version (if they were a new version since.)

Should I delete my game file (I kept it on the desktop in it's folder) and my save file? (by the way in which directory are stored the save file?
------------------------------------------------

Just realised you now have to download the game from Humblebundle to get the lasted version... instead that from the forum here...

Gonna delete all file from my computer and download it back to see what happening.

---------------------------------------------------

So, I deleted the "SlimeRancher Prototype" file in the AppData/LocalLow/SlimeRancher directory and it solved the issue... for now.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby TurnipKnight » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:33 pm

After some testing I found that after playing in a game with upgrades, creating a new game directly after without closing the game results in some upgrades transferring over to the new game. This appears to happen if saves from older versions are used with the newest Humble Bundle version. You will need to delete the "corrupted"/old save(s) and start a new one. You can do this from the game menu. Just make sure you don't play any other saves prior to creating a new game. If you have been playing, just close the game to desktop then restart it and make a new game.

For those of you wondering where the save files are located:

C:\Users\TurnipKnight\AppData\LocalLow\SlimeRancher\SlimeRancher Prototype

Obviously your username won't be TurnipKnight. You may also need to be able to see hidden files as well. Google that one. It's easy.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Wow. Thanks a lot. I though I closed the game in between game, but I might have been wrong and did exactly has you did. Gona quote your post in my top post for Dev.

Thanks TurnipKnight!
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion