Requests

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Requests

Postby RazorX » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:46 pm

hi ive been playing for a while now and i am loving it so far and i thought i would list a few requests i would like to see.

1. Teleports Show Teleport Location, all i have to go on with teleporters is my memory to tell me where i set them to so i would like to see some information when pointed at for example in the top right it would say The Indigo Quarry Teleporter.
2. Sell Back Gadgets Before Placed, sometimes when im making multiple gadgets i accidentally make a wrong one so it would be nice to be able to sell it back especially since some of the mats take time to get.
3. Crop Collector, i would love to see gardens have something similar to the plort collector on them since multiple times i have come back from exploring to find my crops are gone and there no longer planted which was a real pain at the beginning and even now its a pain when it happens but i have everything stored in silos so its easy to replant them again but its still a pain.
4. Crop Growth Slowed Down, now that i have corrals for every type of plort i find all i have time for is running in circles collecting crops and plorts.
5. Auto Feeder Fixed, when filling up the auto feeders after a while i notice a crazy amount of food stacked up in the corrals.
6. More Storage, only being able to store 100 items in a silo and 100 plorts or food in a corral is too low each corral i have has 10 largos in so i get a crazy amount of plorts.
7. More Slimepedia Info, please add an amount to the slimepedia page on stuff like the resources or slimes page for example 4/16 slimes that way you can instantly see at a glance how many more you have to discover.
8. Hide Grass, i would love to see an option for hiding grass or maybe you could make the grass lower because at the minute its too high and annoying to try to see stuff in it.

If i think of anything else i will update my list also i didnt mention the lag you get when having quite a few corrals next to each other with quite a few slimes in or a few gadgets next to each other because i figured that is something your working on anyway as well as im sure its been mentioned a few times.
You take the blue pill - the story ends, You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - You stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Re: Requests

Postby DarkCreature97 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:46 am

THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE LISTENED BY THE DEVS!!
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 am

Teleporters already kinda do that with the icon of the zone that it will teleport you into.
That would be nice.
That would be nice too, although I heard this one already a bunch of times.
You can just not buy the sprinkler upgrade for gardens to do that. It's good enough for me, since I don't want my slimes to starve.
I'm sure that this will be done in a future update.
That would be great, but with that you'll also need a tank storage upgrade for the Vacpack. For example, 50 vs 200 is too much.
That would be... useful? I'm not sure.
Maybe this would also improve performance?

Overall, nice ideas.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby RazorX » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:46 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Teleporters already kinda do that with the icon of the zone that it will teleport you into.
That would be nice.
That would be nice too, although I heard this one already a bunch of times.
You can just not buy the sprinkler upgrade for gardens to do that. It's good enough for me, since I don't want my slimes to starve.
I'm sure that this will be done in a future update.
That would be great, but with that you'll also need a tank storage upgrade for the Vacpack. For example, 50 vs 200 is too much.
That would be... useful? I'm not sure.
Maybe this would also improve performance?

Overall, nice ideas.

thanks its just some of my thoughts from playing this game which i am really enjoying
You take the blue pill - the story ends, You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - You stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby RazorX » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:10 am

perhaps it would be nice to have some sort of suppressant upgrade for corrals that do things like prevent slimes from exploding which i think would also help with lag.

it would also be nice to have a tamed slime or largo that follows you around and helps you when your attacked but hide behind you when they see a tar :D

Other Requests:
1. when running around places like the lab i constantly get caught up on the scenery and get stuck for a few secs, im guessing this is a bug it would be nice for that to not happen :D
2. it would be nice to see some sort of slime that is maybe a cousin to the rad slime but instead of radiation it heals you when your close and if you have both of them in the same corral it neutralises the radiation effect.
3. its only small but i would like to see the ability to put characters in the save name because i was gonna put the date in my save names but it wouldnt allow / or - so to be able to do that would be nice.
4. another thing ive noticed is items on the floor such as plorts, buzz wax, jellystone etc never despawn which also causes lag if you have a build up of stuff on the floor so i would suggest they despawn after 5-10mins.
5. im a huge hoarder i dont like throwing anything away so it would be nice to have some sort of silo/storage that lets me store slimes and largos for when i dont want to keep them in a corral but may need them in the future.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby MysteriousPixie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:25 pm

RazorX wrote:perhaps it would be nice to have some sort of suppressant upgrade for corrals that do things like prevent slimes from exploding which i think would also help with lag.

it would also be nice to have a tamed slime or largo that follows you around and helps you when your attacked but hide behind you when they see a tar :D

Other Requests:
1. when running around places like the lab i constantly get caught up on the scenery and get stuck for a few secs, im guessing this is a bug it would be nice for that to not happen :D
2. it would be nice to see some sort of slime that is maybe a cousin to the rad slime but instead of radiation it heals you when your close and if you have both of them in the same corral it neutralises the radiation effect.
3. its only small but i would like to see the ability to put characters in the save name because i was gonna put the date in my save names but it wouldnt allow / or - so to be able to do that would be nice.
4. another thing ive noticed is items on the floor such as plorts, buzz wax, jellystone etc never despawn which also causes lag if you have a build up of stuff on the floor so i would suggest they despawn after 5-10mins.
5. im a huge hoarder i dont like throwing anything away so it would be nice to have some sort of silo/storage that lets me store slimes and largos for when i dont want to keep them in a corral but may need them in the future.

Number one is slightly bothersome, it makes jumping up rocks difficult as I end up stuck in place, only able to move backwards off of what I'm on, I'm unable to even jump. The first time this happened was near some feral slimes, I was frantically trying to get away when I got stuck on a teeeenny weeny lip in th ground.

I'm not a big fan of number four, sometimes I leave plorts and stuff on the floor and end up distracted for a long time, I like that they're still there when I go back for them.

I really like the rest of your ideas though. I'd like another slot in my Vac, personally.
Feel free to add me on the Xbox if you wish! My GT is MysteriousPixie (:
MysteriousPixie
Plort

Postby RazorX » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:58 pm

MysteriousPixie wrote:
RazorX wrote:perhaps it would be nice to have some sort of suppressant upgrade for corrals that do things like prevent slimes from exploding which i think would also help with lag.

Other Requests:

Number one is slightly bothersome, it makes jumping up rocks difficult as I end up stuck in place, only able to move backwards off of what I'm on, I'm unable to even jump. The first time this happened was near some feral slimes, I was frantically trying to get away when I got stuck on a teeeenny weeny lip in th ground.

I'm not a big fan of number four, sometimes I leave plorts and stuff on the floor and end up distracted for a long time, I like that they're still there when I go back for them.

I really like the rest of your ideas though. I'd like another slot in my Vac, personally.

yeah or perhaps simply have it so once you have picked up 50 they start filling another empty slot so if your harvesting plorts you can fill all your slots if you want.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby RazorX » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:33 pm

i would also really like to be able to place a tar on the slime stage but currently you cant they just move off it.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby RazorX » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm

another request is to have another patch in the overgrowth on top of the center platform, i have no idea why there is a large platform in the center with space on top for a patch but there isnt one there :( although it is high it would be a nice spot for something like a silo.

Edit:
just realised there is gadgets there :( still im never gonna use them a patch would be better lol.

i would also like to see some sort of force field fence you can make that resembles a corral wall so you can make custom corrals where ever you want or just use them to keep or stop slimes from leaving an area or coming into your ranch, they could also be used to keep slimes away from your crops as well as many other uses im sure.
RazorX
Chickadoo

Postby RazorX » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:00 pm

the spring pad also needs changed, it is terrible and not worth making
RazorX
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion