A Terrible Disease (Slime Idea)

Postby DeltaStorm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:38 am

Plort starting value: 100

Rarity: A slime must 'catch' it.

The 'Fungus Slime'

The horrible fungi.

Diet: Slime Cells

Favorite: Largos

Slimeology: This slime is a unique slime, in the fact it is an incredibly small organism. This is one of the few slimes to be small enough to hold in your hand, it may look adorable with its white body and mushroom like cap, but this faceless monster is a potential cause of Tarrs. The slime targets other bigger slimes as a host, they will purposely latch on to it and feed on its slime cells until there is none left, and replant plorts into the body to cause a Tarr transformation. This slime produce 2 different types of plorts, one known as the 'spore plort' which will attach itself to food of a slime, and be eaten along with it and infect the slime with another Fungus slime. And the other as the 'Tarr Plort' it is called this for causing a dead slimes body to form into a Tarr after a day of being planted in the body. Once an entire corral or area is infected and dead, they all plant one into the dead slimes simultaneously. They then leave the area, and repeat the vicious cycle.
They cannot be contained as they can burrow underground, do not attempt capture. The slime can survive incineration, do not attempt to burn the host or you will have a bigger problem. The Fungus slimes host will also produce another Fungus slime if launched. Attempting to suck it up is futile.

They have a way of showing if your slime is infected.

Day One: No noticeable changes on the host.

Day Two: Noticeably, the host looks paler.

Day Three: A Fungus begins to grow on the slimes head, and Spore Plorts are fired out.

Day Four: Spore Plorts are fired out faster

Day Five: The slimes will begin to eat anything that they see.

Day Six: Death.

If you see any of these differences, quarantine the slimes that are infected, letting them go only spreads the virus.

Risk to Ranchers: The entire thing is a risk, keep the infected away from the other slimes. They, however, can be very profitable.

Plortonomics: The plorts are used for sabotage within the industry. The only real use as they do not infect Ranchers.
Last edited by DeltaStorm on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Re: A Terrible Disease (Slime Idea)

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 am

I believe the plorts should have a value, I'd see this more as something very risky to maintain as well as keep secure, rather than something to outright avoid. Like strategically replacing more slimes in there in time for it to always produce it's plorts. I do also think it should be treatable though, not sure how, but some way. Otherwise I don't see a reason not to just outright incinerate.

EDIT: Should of mentioned this, I do like the general idea of a slime virus though.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 am

Azreide wrote:I believe the plorts should have a value, I'd see this more as something very risky to maintain as well as keep secure, rather than something to outright avoid. Like strategically replacing more slimes in there in time for it to always produce it's plorts. I do also think it should be treatable though, not sure how, but some way. Otherwise I don't see a reason not to just outright incinerate.

EDIT: Should of mentioned this, I do like the general idea of a slime virus though.

I forgot to put in the fungus slime can survive incineration, lol. But good idea.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:37 am

DeltaStorm wrote:
Azreide wrote:I believe the plorts should have a value, I'd see this more as something very risky to maintain as well as keep secure, rather than something to outright avoid. Like strategically replacing more slimes in there in time for it to always produce it's plorts. I do also think it should be treatable though, not sure how, but some way. Otherwise I don't see a reason not to just outright incinerate.

I forgot to put in the fungus slime can survive incineration, lol. But good idea.

Besides...a plort to sabotage, as if that wouldn't be incredibly valuable to some c;
Azreide
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:47 am

Azreide wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:

Besides...a plort to sabotage, as if that wouldn't be incredibly valuable to some c;

;)
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:28 pm

So the only way to avoid complete annihilation is to find the Host before the Spores are released? I like it a lot.

But I have two questions:
Would the spores go through the Corral walls?
And you can still kill it with Water, can't you?
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Nakhryn wrote:So the only way to avoid complete annihilation is to find the Host before the Spores are released? I like it a lot.

The spores cannot so it's limited to one corrals, but the fungus slimes can after causing the Tarrs (Meaning surviving the Tarrs is the least of your worries.), so you'll want to quarantine the infected away from the rest

Yes, if you notice it before the spores are released, it's killable.

I'd like to think eventually if not treated right, an entire expansion could be overran.
Last edited by DeltaStorm on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:06 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:So the only way to avoid complete annihilation is to find the Host before the Spores are released? I like it a lot.

The spores cannot so it's limited to one corrals, but the fungus slimes can after causing the Tarrs (Meaning surviving the Tarrs is the last of your worries.), so you'll want to quarantine the infected away from the rest

I'd like to think eventually if not treated right, an entire expansion could be overran.

That is an AMAZING idea. How do you come up with them? This is incredible . xD
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby irdog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:11 pm

i like this idea A LOT
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby blaise2003 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Great Idea!
Professional Slime Rancher.

totally.
blaise2003
Plort

Postby DeltaStorm » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:

The spores cannot so it's limited to one corrals, but the fungus slimes can after causing the Tarrs (Meaning surviving the Tarrs is the last of your worries.), so you'll want to quarantine the infected away from the rest

That is an AMAZING idea. How do you come up with them? This is incredible . xD

I was just in biology learning about decomposition and this came into mind.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Return to General Discussion