Fruit (Cuberry) Trees Giving Near Nothing? (Seems to be bug)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Fruit (Cuberry) Trees Giving Near Nothing? (Seems to be bug)

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:28 am

My 3 Cuberry trees, which are fully upgraded with everything, can't even sustain about 10 Phosphors. It says it gives the highest output possible, but I still seem to often only get maybe about 3. Is there something I'm missing with this?
Last edited by Azreide on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azreide
Rancher

Re: Fruit (Cuberry) Trees Giving Near Nothing?

Postby Sporeo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 am

Idk, I know they're more rare and I'm having the same issue with heart beet's since the patch.
Sporeo
Plort

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:55 am

The main thing I'm confused about though, is that the upgrade says it ensures that you'll get the absolute max output, it doesn't seem like 3 should be the max.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 am

That's strange. I don't have any problems with either of them at the moment, but for a certain amount of time my heart beets also seemed to grow extremely slow even with full upgrades.
But only in my first savegame. In the other ones they somehow grew in a normal rate.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 am

So it does seem a little odd,,,
Azreide
Rancher

Postby Alrom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:54 am

I have an absolutely crazy amount of cuberrys and mint mangoes in my ranch. However, heart beats seem to be much more hard to come by.

An example, I have two cuberrys and two heartbeats gardens, both fully upgraded. I use them to feed two different corrals.

While the corral that gets cubberys has 8 slimes has 40 fruits in stock, the corral that receives heartbeats only has 6 slimes and is almost always empty.

And I never go out to gather more of these fruits/veggies.
Alrom
Chickadoo

Postby taklu » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:55 am

I get more food without the fertilization than I do with it. I think they might have the coding for how each works mixed.
taklu
Plort

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:01 am

There's an incredible amount of difference between us all. Either the max value for a garden changes every now and then, or there's some bug...far as I can tell.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby Sporeo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:05 am

I actually destroyed my heart beet garden thinking that the sprinkler might actually be detrimental and that perhaps they preferred a more arid environment but it's not made a difference. There seems to be a mechanic involved with how many you 'plant' so maybe that's part of it? Ultimately I'm thinking it's a bug, too. My first heart beet garden did great without any upgrades, but has not been the same since.
Sporeo
Plort

Postby PedroUK16 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:24 am

Sopro, you are right, it is a bug, let’s say I am a “close friend” with the developers and they said that they are going to try to fix this :)
PedroUK16
Plort

Postby Wigg » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:42 am

My daughter and I are playing Slime Rancher on my computer using different savegames. She harvested a fruit tree and received over 30 fruit from a garden with 0 upgrades, but mine with full upgrades routinely receive about 12 fruit per tree. The same happened with Carrots.
Wigg
Plort

Postby Regal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 pm

F2, the devs said to use F2 liberally. You should not be getting so few fruit. F2 should be used for anything weird.
Pink Slimes. Stop.
Regal
Chickadoo

Postby Sporeo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 pm

PedroUK16 wrote:Sopro, you are right, it is a bug, let’s say I am a “close friend” with the developers and they said that they are going to try to fix this :)

Ah okay, good to know they are aware. I just did a test of it and nutrient soil is definitely the culprit:

(keep in mind these are the numbers upon gathering right at daybreak without waiting for more midday growth)
Last edited by Sporeo on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sporeo
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 pm

That's odd. I have 3 Cuberry trees in my grotto feeding 12 Honey Phosphor Largos flying around freely and a lot of the fruits are expiring before they can eat them. My Heartbeats are growing quite well too. It might be completely random.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Well it's confirmed a bug them, hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I hope. Most likely to do with fertile soil
Azreide
Rancher

Return to General Discussion