Benefits of Largos?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Benefits of Largos?

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:17 am

May someone tell me the benefits they hold, exactly? From what I know, a largo gives 1 plort of each of the slimes it's made from, but this still doesn't seem that good. Wouldn't it still be better just to feed a slime it's favorite?
Azreide
Rancher

Re: Benefits of Largos?

Postby Vrow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:24 am

It's true, but since they're a combination of slimes, they end up having 2 favorite foods.

Example: Honey Phosphor Largo
The Honey Phosphor Largo will produce Honey and Phosphor Plots ( 1 each ), and their favorite foods are Cubeberries and Mint Mangos. If you feed them at least one of those, you'll get 2 of each plort for the price of one. ( Plus, they're cute. )

So it's a combination of getting the most plort for the less resource, which may be why they're so beneficial.
Vrow
Plort

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:35 am

The urge for Phosphor Tabbies is real...

EDIT: But more seriously, thnak you. I didn't realzie that their favorite foods still applied!
Azreide
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:08 am

It's extremely more productive than a non-largo. See: They give you two Plorts where a normal slime would only give you one. That's already double as much. Then if you feed them their favourite food a normal slime would give you two Plorts, but on a largo the amount of plorts is - again - double as much compared to a normal one. So a largo can give you four plorts for being fed only one time with it's favourite food. From the time I knew that I never had non-largos in my ranch again.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby quasimodo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 am

also the benefit of pink slime largos not having any preference on food, early game its much easier to get a big pile of pogos every day for tabbie/pink largos than it is for scraping together enough chickens
quasimodo
Plort

Postby Gobledigmus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:07 am

quasimodo wrote:also the benefit of pink slime largos not having any preference on food, early game its much easier to get a big pile of pogos every day for tabbie/pink largos than it is for scraping together enough chickens

Yeah, you are absolutely right. But I personally still prefer mixing the tabbies up with some other kind of Slime than a Pink Slime, because even if they only eat either vegetables or fruit, it still isn't that hard to feed them.
In the actual playtest version the only thing I would absolutely prevent from having my Slimes to feed with are chickens. They populate way too slowly at the moment but of course that will be changed in the future versions.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Return to General Discussion