Rancher Exchange Idea

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Rancher Exchange Idea

Postby mrboates » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 pm

I've got an idea!
This may already be planned but...
We have the Rancher Exchange, Current its AI giving you requests for trades.
What if that could become an Online Requesting center!
Not only can AI still send item requests, but other players too!

In dire need of Hens Hens? All those Pogofruits stacking up? Send out a request! Someone on the other side of the galaxy may have it the other way around!

Let me know what you think!
Thanks!

-mrboates
mrboates
Plort

Re: Rancher Exchange Idea

Postby SevJakobs » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am

what about exclusive items/slimes only obtainable through NPC Range Exchange?
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Azreide » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 am

I see this being like the GTS in pokemon where there's going to be people giving 1 Pink Plort and asking for the ridiculous. Though the idea itself is good.
Azreide
Rancher

Postby mrboates » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 pm

I feel like it'd almost be a cool idea to have some sort of randomization to the game, Some can only be achieved by exchange.
For instance Animal Crossing's fruits, some people have apples, and other have oranges, but you can always exchange and replant in your own town.
Even local slimes might be a cool thing for the future, Slimes that work the same as the fruits mentioned above. (If that was so you'd need a breeding system in place.)

On the topic of people spamming the system with 1 pink plort, I think a hide/discard offer would work fine, maybe even filters.

I'd love if everyone had Unique Slimes, Fruits, and maybe even biomes!, It makes the game feel custom to YOU! the player.
But that's all accustom to ME.
As it seems right now the is not working towards a goal like that,
but you never know! The game is still in a very early state but these are some ideas for down the road.

-mrboates
mrboates
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Everybody with unique slimes? That would be extremely difficult to code in the game in a single year. But it's a pretty interesting idea.
As for the Online Rancher Exchange, it's a good idea but without a good filter it's destined to fail. :P
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:12 am

I wasn't thinking of "online" though that would be interesting, but with the NPC exchanges we have now. There is that Millionaire Rancher and maybe a random chance he will drop a trade for a "Legendary slime" available only through that trade. With Online trade though, I would go animal crossing route. Everyone would have their "default fruits/veggies/meats", then the special fruits/veggies/meats that give two plorts that fed to the right slimes you would have one of. Would encourage trade, but you only need to trade per fruit/veggie/meat once per save file as long as you don't exhaust your supplies. I think we would see a lot of 1 item for 1 item trades then.
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Elskah » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:33 am

I was thinking of the "unique slimes" thing myself, and I thought maybe the NPCs could have unique slimes that are only available to them, and you have to trade with them to obtain those slimes, their favorite food, etc. etc.? Then obtaining those slimes could give you an advantage in the online trade system, since you'd be able to trade them/their food/their plorts for other rare materials that you might not have access to.

For example: Perhaps there could be an NPC located in a tundra biome, who ranches Ice Slimes. These slimes' favorite food is Thawberries (based on Strawberries) which you can initially only obtain by trading with this NPC, but then you can grow them in a garden, provided the garden has an upgrade called a Weather Shield or a Greenhouse or something similar, that protects the Thawberries from the harsh desert environment. There could be another NPC in a jungle, one in a forest, one in a marsh... And all of them could have unique slimes and foods, and the coop and garden would both have one upgrade that allows you to grow all of the biome-specific foods. But in order to obtain the slimes and their favorite foods, you'd need to wait for one of the NPCs to offer you a trade for them, and then you'd have to complete the trade before time runs out, or you're out of luck! Thoughts?
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Return to General Discussion