Some more more more ideas

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Some more more more ideas

Postby GreatRancher » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:55 am

This list includes some of the requested ideas of the fans of Slime Rancher
1:Weather.
There is already some codes for the Weather.
2:Seasons
I talked about this in another General Discussion.v If there's gonna be Weather,why not Seasons.
3:Multiplayer
No D:
4:Online Co-op
Nope.
5:Online Ranch Exchange
Well,I think...that's legit?
6:Creative Mode:
We know Betterbuild was good,and now the players that know it want a Creative mode or that mod back,but I think it's a little thing...crazy,also,why do you wanna destroy the precious Far Far Range?
7:Hard Mode
This is a very good idea,this are how I think it would be:
1:More Slimes:More slimes spawning in the area,and more different types,making Tarr more easy to transform
2:One life:If you get knock-out,you lose and you have to start the Hard Mode from the Start.
3:Hunger:Slimes will get Feral every 48 hours,Largos,24 hours and Hunter Largos,12.
4:Prices:Things will cost like 300-500 newbucks more than normal.
5:Prices on Plorts:Plorts will reduce incredibly low(Like 2 times it price or 3) after like 3 days selling the same plort.
Put your opinions on coments.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Re: Some more more more ideas

Postby Heather » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:10 pm

NOT that we need another multiplayer thread.....
I would say your #3 deserves the following quote:

Monomi Park wrote: Since we're seeing a lot of requests for a multiplayer feature from all our new (and awesome/handsome/beautiful) players, we thought it would be a good idea to address it.

Most of Slime Rancher's development was done by two people (we're four now, thanks to your support!) so a lot of decisions were made early on to allow two developers to make a game in a realistic timeframe. One of those decisions was multiplayer vs singleplayer.

Multiplayer is inherently more complicated and time-consuming to develop. And the hundreds of physics-enabled slimes bouncing around on screen needing to be in sync across two or more clients is a fantastically difficult problem to solve. So we decided to focus on solid single player experience.

For this reason we've stated in our official FAQ that Slime Rancher is being developed as a singleplayer game and there are no plans for multiplayer. However, anything is possible further out (beyond v1.0) if we continue to see the same level of wonderful support from players as we do now. So thanks for everything so far!

So in short, multiplayer is not ruled out, but we can't promise it either. And it is worth restating that multiplayer with all of the physics in SR is a very hard problem. SR is a very unconventional game and multiplayer support would require a very creative solution.

So thank you again for all your support and feedback. We're just as excited as you are to see what comes to the Far, Far Range next!
Heather
Admin

Postby Heather » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:04 pm

As for the rest, I re-posted Nick's quote just the other day as you probably know,.... plans for weather in some form are in the works. More slimes and Hard Mode certainly get my personal vote, and I'll add I'd love to see some Fish fish.

That you as always for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Heather
Admin

Postby GreatRancher » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks ^o^
(I saw you before saying the Fish Fish Idea)
About it,the Water Biome will be great,but...the Slime Sea is a dark place that when a Slime fall,never returns...well,but,I remember and one time I suggested an idea of making machines in Slime Rancher with plorts knowing that some slime plorts like Rock ones can be used to do important materials.It will be a hard work,but...who knows?
You and the Monomi Park Team decides ;D
Also,I'm waiting for Slime Rancher in Spanish,because...I'm Spanish,that's all,but I can understand at the perfection like it is now,but some players of all the world are waiting for another idioms because they don't understand english very well.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby SlimeCatcher36 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:26 pm

I love Slime rancher! I played around 7 hours the first day but I had some suggestions.
1: I do actually have an idea, the Spark slime the spark slime is yellow.They shock themselves every so often and turn light blue when it happens.The shock would hurt the player. They could be used to open electrical gates but you'd need a certain amount.Their plort could be around 30-45.It eats fruit and meat.It's favorite is pogofruit. By the way I don't know where they should spawn yet.
2: Switch the puddle slimes back to there original form I miss the cute puddle slimes I know.

3: I had 1 more ideas
the tiny slime is one of my ideas it was easy to come up with and now i can tell you about. Him he is is is ovbiousely tiny. He only eats fruits and vegetables his favorite food are carrots. He spawns in the jungle.Him and his plort are pink and tiny.When you make tiny largos it's as if you mixed it with a pink slime but smaller.If this guy gets fussed with a pink slime a tar will come.Lastly his plort is $51.
Last edited by SlimeCatcher36 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlimeCatcher36
Plort

Postby GreatRancher » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:09 am

Just something...there are already lots of Slimes in every area,and 0.50(Glass Desert,More Slimes,More Fruit and More...) will bring the Glass Desert *facepalm* and there are 2 slimes planned already...also,I don't think a Spark slime fits in the game very much.Also,Cuberrys are already Phosphor Slime favourite food and they grown in the:Tabby Cat Section of the Dry Reef(Also,where you find for first time the Stony Hens)
They're no gonna change the Puddle Slimes,well,at least you have their photos <3 I think they changed them because they looked very similar to a Pink Slime,but blue.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby SlimeCatcher36 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm

I think you're right about the puddle slimes but to be honest the new ones look like blue fried eggs.
SlimeCatcher36
Plort

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:37 am

For me they look like squishy frisbees,but if you paint them yellow and white...is real,they look like fried eggs.
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Postby SlimeCatcher36 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:53 am

__
IOI < fried egg on fring pan
T
SlimeCatcher36
Plort

Postby Sickntwisted94 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 pm

I really think we need more vac pak slots. Trying to get all the new resources from drills and such back to the ranch is getting ridiculous and time consuming. I'm spending more time just trying to get them all home than with my slimes. I think we should also be able to carry the same thing in multiple slots (ex. carrots maxed out one slot then spill to the next one)
Sickntwisted94
Plort

Postby WolfPad » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 am

Sickntwisted94 wrote:I really think we need more vac pak slots. Trying to get all the new resources from drills and such back to the ranch is getting ridiculous and time consuming. I'm spending more time just trying to get them all home than with my slimes. I think we should also be able to carry the same thing in multiple slots (ex. carrots maxed out one slot then spill to the next one)

I think the the same resource on multiple slots is a bit redundant, we should just be able to get a new upgrade to up the max to 100 resources! And I do agree, new Vacpak slots are really urgent right now.
WolfPad
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:59 pm

SlimeCatcher36 wrote:I love Slime rancher! I played around 7 hours the first day but I had some suggestions.
1: I do actually have an idea, the Spark slime the spark slime is yellow.They shock themselves every so often and turn light blue when it happens.The shock would hurt the player. They could be used to open electrical gates but you'd need a certain amount.Their plort could be around 30-45.It eats fruit and meat.It's favorite is pogofruit. By the way I don't know where they should spawn yet.
2: Switch the puddle slimes back to there original form I miss the cute puddle slimes I know.

3: I had 1 more ideas
the tiny slime is one of my ideas it was easy to come up with and now i can tell you about. Him he is is is ovbiousely tiny. He only eats fruits and vegetables his favorite food are carrots. He spawns in the jungle.Him and his plort are pink and tiny.When you make tiny largos it's as if you mixed it with a pink slime but smaller.If this guy gets fussed with a pink slime a tar will come.Lastly his plort is $51.

Carrots and pogofruit are meant to not be favourited as they are very common.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby GreatRancher » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm back ^o^
And...yeah...carrots are too common...
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Return to General Discussion