A Slime buddy? (bug or feature?)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A Slime buddy? (bug or feature?)

Postby Trinituz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:24 am

So I found out that you can turn the aggressive slimes (the Pink Largo hybrids with orange spiky aura) into their normal states by feeding them a food.
Though they will still follow you like how those aggressive slimes chase you, but they cause no harm, so you can turn them into your slime buddy that will follows you around! (There's seem to be only Pink-Rock/Phosphor/Boom hybrid only that has aggressive version)

This is probably a bug that has to deal with the aggressive slime's aggro range, but it's still a pretty nice bug that does no harm, and it would be cool if this will actually become a serious feature!
Trinituz
Plort

Re: A Slime buddy? (bug or feature?)

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 am

I don't think it's a bug but a loop hole in the design.

I don't think the Dev team planned this to happen, but it makes sense: the script for them to follow and attack is still there, only that the attack will not be triggered because they are not angry.

I'm not sure if this needs to be fixed or how they would do it, but I guess it's something interesting to notice.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Re: A Slime buddy? (bug or feature?)

Postby glinkBobby » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

I never understood why those existed. Just some slimes with red marks that stand/float on a path. You can just run right by them. Why do they exist?
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Return to General Discussion