Upgrade Suggestion List

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Upgrade Suggestion List

Postby huuk45 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:43 pm

I am playing with an xbox 360 controller and have the Y axis inverted with no ways of reverting it. If this is a bug then sorry but if not there should be an inverted Y axis option added cause this is painful.
huuk45
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:23 pm

huuk45 wrote:I am playing with an xbox 360 controller and have the Y axis inverted with no ways of reverting it. If this is a bug then sorry but if not there should be an inverted Y axis option added cause this is painful.

Did you post in the wrong thread? This thread is not about that, it's about Ranch and player upgrades, not game features in general.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Cyraxx wrote:A few Ideas I would love to see in the game:
ABILITIES/SUIT UPGRADES:
Shared tanks: Gives one the ability to carry more than 50 items of the same kind by filling other slots of the VAC. (sometimes it's a bit redundant to walk around 4 times to each corral just to sell the plorts or not being able to fulfill a "quest" because the vat is full with items and the quest cycles to the next one, happened 5 times allready)

PDA: this device (maybe built into the HUD) could show a minimap, the slimepedia (without going to the menu) and different infos about the farm (currently planted foods, Slimes in the corrals and their mood, etc.), E-mails, current prices for the plorts, etc.

Glue Bomb: when thrown it would spray glue in close proximity, trapping items and slimes where they are (not usable on gold and puddle slimes).

Robot Buddy: follows the player, can carry a single kind of item (upgradable capacity)

Heavy Suit: Well protected suit with more room for items but not being able to run or use the jetpack. Selectable in the house after buying. Upgrades must be bought extra.

GARDEN:
Alarm: Gives the player a notification when the fruits are allmost ripe (can be turned off)

Seed mixer (upgrade for the auto planter): adds a second slot to the auto planter and alternates between the plants (easier for growing different fruits and veggies)

Crossbreeder: A variation of the Seed mixer (only one of both usable at the same time). Crossbreeds different kinds of fruit and veggies (fruit with food, veggies with veggies) so they could grow on the same area/tree. Would halve the gain because of 2 different kinds.

Delivery Cannon: Shoots the fruits/veggies over into a selected silo if there is enough room for it. (Airmail could be awesome to look at :D)

COOP:
Age Scanner: Shows the probability of the Hen Hens and the Roostros turning into their elder counterpart.

Retirement Box: An upgrade for the Age Scanner. Picks up the Elders and places them in a storage.

POND:
Hydro seal: Adds a "ceiling" to the pond. The water doesn't evaporate as fast.

Added some. Others not added are below, with reasons (except for the two on the bottom, which were added but modified):

PDA: Not added, it should probably be partially built in, with the other parts spread out across upgrades. (e.g. minimap already put on the list)

Robot Buddy: Not added, I think this should just be done with more vacpack slots.

Alarm: Already on the list, see Vacpack/Player Upgrades > Passive Abilities > Warning Display R.

Seed Mixer: Not added, I don't see much real use for it. If you explain what it would be useful for, I might add it. (Crossbreeder added, though, as "Autoplanter Mk II".)

Delivery Cannon: Not added, modified the Conveyor Belt in the Silo's upgrade list instead.

Retirement Box: Different enough to be a separate upgrade from the Age Scanner.

Hydro-Seal: Changed to instead refill the pond faster, which would be more useful than your suggested functionality but still be able to fulfill that purpose.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby avalen5 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm glad I found this thread. I was about to make my own for general upgrades. Personally I don't agree with some of these upgrades, but I do hope that some upgrades are added to the pond and that an auto collector is added for the gardens and to collect the foods in corals.

What if instead of the Extra Food collector being a separate machine, that the plort collector can be upgraded after the auto-feeder is bought?
avalen5
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:49 pm

avalen5 wrote:What if instead of the Extra Food collector being a separate machine, that the plort collector can be upgraded after the auto-feeder is bought?

I personally disagree with this bit - It isn't related to Plorts, and it would just be weird if you had to buy a machine that collects Plorts before a machine that allows you to re-use food...

It would probably be better as an upgrade to the auto-feeder, or remaining a separate machine.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Ladyjovia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:23 am

so i posted on the reddit some ideas, and just joined the forum now only to see most of them are here... but except two like walls on the pond or rather higher walls. I did read that people suggested instead of walls to make the pond deeper and only half fill it but if you have a refill tank like another suggestion i don't think it would only half fill the pond... unless the deeper one's half filled state is its full capacity. But definitely a roof too actually since sometimes they can be boisterous enough to hop out, maybe add music or a fountain or something to make them happy and less bouncy? dunno.

also for the chicken coop maybe a scare slime or something so it scares slimes away? though that might cause the chickens to be fearful hrm... maybe a roof on the chicken coop then? kind of like the corral with a set health that poofs after enough hits?.
Ladyjovia
Plort

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:33 am

*shrug* Just put a dial on the refill tank's UI so you can decide how much it should fill it?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby ShadowDarkraven » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm

I'd like to see a "super pack" upgrade for your vacuum pack, adds buttons 5-9 for slots
ShadowDarkraven
Plort

Postby Biosaur » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:32 pm

How about a tarr radar? right now when tarrs get close the tarr music plays, but it's annoying when you can't spot them, and you hear the horrible sounds of slimes being brutally killed while you can't do anything about it. This tarr radar tells you what direction they're in, so you can easily fiand and exterminate them.

A similar thing could be for golden slimes, so you don't miss them when they spawn. I guess there could be something like this for any slime, but then your screen would be very cluttered.
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

Previous

Return to General Discussion