Feedback, sugestion and more

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feedback, sugestion and more

Postby LittleXdav » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:11 pm

So far, I really like the game and in about 2 day, I already played over 8 hours. Though, within those hours, some aspect of the game seamed incomplete (even for a game in development).

About the SLIME :

- Way to much slime in the wild. I get it that pink slime should be in large number. But their like a million of them just at the starting zone. And it feel like their is also to much of the other kind of slime roaming.

- All slime are caught the same way. Get near them and vacuum them. I can understand for pink slime to be the easiest to catch but I would like some complexity for the other. Like :
---- Spoor water over the explosive slime else they explode when you start vacuuming them.
---- Can't vacuum the Rocky Slime while they roll on themselves and are spiky.
---- Honey Slime hide unless you throw fruit near bush...
out of idea.

- All slime are roughly the same size (same for the Largo). I don't know if their is plan to add mini slime or even gigantesque slime. But this would certainly add an other layer of diversity to slime.

- 1 piece of food = 1(2) Plort... This is easy to understand, and easily balanced. But some diversity in that would be nice... like Largo could need 3 piece of food before releasing Plorts.

- Their is no entry in the in-game Slime-Pedia about Largo. What do they like to eat, how do they behave....

- To easy to create Largo.

About the RANCH :

- Number of slime/largo by coral. Their is no indication anywhere within the game. Would be nice to have some indices in the Slime-Pedia.

- Coral Gate : I like to have some slime free roaming in my ranch. Mainly in the cave and the garden area. I'd like to have the option to put a Coral Gate at the entrance to those area preventing my slime to exit their zone. It could use the same pole/button used to unlock those zone.

- Large Coral area : Combining 2 regular Coral spot into a larger one. This way largo would have more space to move and maybe it will help to lessen the glitch where they don't eat.

- Achievement linked to ranch (10 different largo)... would be nice if it also counted the largo in the Cave and Garden.

- Teleport is one-way only...

- Silo and Incinerator should not share the same spot has the Coral, Coop, etc. They should be extension too the house and be upgraded near it.

About the "Vacuum" :

- Filter upgrade. When bought you get to scroll between filter. This would allow the vacuum to only suck a specific material. The filter would be : "All", "Food only", "Plort only", "Slime only"

- Canon upgrade. Allow the vacuum to be used has a canon. Plort become projectile with specific effect. Explosion/Rock Plort would be used to destroy pile of rock & tree. Water/Freeze Plort would be used to freeze slime and water.
*** The canon would be used mostly to gain access to new zone by destroying wall and pile of rock.. also to gain a new resource such as "stone" and "Chunk of wood" that could be used as food for new Slime.

Additionally...
I get a performance drop at the ranch when their is "to much" creature... Don't think I can consider it to much thought... Roughly 30 pink slime + 12 Largo and 24 chicken. This is only 66ish creature. Maybe my computer is to blame (Core 2 quad 2.6Ghz, 4Go Ram and Radeon 5770... ok it's a old PC)

Also... I don't know if it's intended, but I could use the jetpack to reach area normally unreachable. Such as a small island in the ocean. And getting over the mountain. This way I could bypass the wall blocking the second section of the game (the zone with the Honey and Exploding slime)
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Re: Feedback, sugestion and more

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm

LittleXdav wrote: - Their is no entry in the in-game Slime-Pedia about Largo. What do they like to eat, how do they behave....

The Slimepedia would be too large then. Also, they're combinations of all traits of the slimes they were created from, so that's unnecessary. (e.g. if you have a Rock Tabby Largo, you can just look in the Rock and Tabby sections and combine all the information you got from the two entries to know what you need to know about your Largo.)

LittleXdav wrote: - Number of slime/largo by coral. Their is no indication anywhere within the game. Would be nice to have some indices in the Slime-Pedia.

This shouldn't be in the Slimepedia, it should be somewhere on the ranch.

LittleXdav wrote: - Coral Gate : I like to have some slime free roaming in my ranch. Mainly in the cave and the garden area. I'd like to have the option to put a Coral Gate at the entrance to those area preventing my slime to exit their zone. It could use the same pole/button used to unlock those zone.

Already possible - Ever try pressing the button after purchasing? From what I've seen, it doesn't let the player through either until it's deactivated, though...

LittleXdav wrote: - Silo and Incinerator should not share the same spot has the Coral, Coop, etc. They should be extension too the house and be upgraded near it.

It's fine as it is. Save space so you don't need any more.

LittleXdav wrote: - Filter upgrade. When bought you get to scroll between filter. This would allow the vacuum to only suck a specific material. The filter would be : "All", "Food only", "Plort only", "Slime only"

This would remove a notable amount of challenge from the game. No thanks.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:43 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:The Slimepedia would be too large then. Also, they're combinations of all traits of the slimes they were created from...

Combination of preferred food too? Say for the rocky Hen for a Largo Tabby?

SpiralRancher02 wrote: This shouldn't be in the Slimepedia, it should be somewhere on the ranch.

Anywhere in the game :D
Maybe add a risk if we exceed the "recommended" number.

SpiralRancher02 wrote:Already possible - Ever try pressing the button after purchasing? From what I've seen, it doesn't let the player through either until it's deactivated, though...

My bad, I haven't noticed :(
Tough if player can't pass through... it's not as useful.

SpiralRancher02 wrote:It's fine as it is. Save space so you don't need any more.

Because their utility is questionable and I think they shouldn't use the space we can use for crop, coop and coral.

SpiralRancher02 wrote: This would remove a notable amount of challenge from the game. No thanks.

Individually bough, high price and value for late game only. I had a bunch of tabby slime roaming in the garden, they kept getting stuck in my vacuum when I was simply collecting my fruit and veg. Would 2500 each be to high or not enough? You fear people would simply roam the wild and collect the Plort?
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:01 pm

LittleXdav wrote:Combination of preferred food too? Say for the rocky Hen for a Largo Tabby?

Yes - This also means that non-Pink Largos will have multiple favorites, e.g. a Phosphur Rock Largo will have both Heart Beets and Cuberries as favorites.

LittleXdav wrote:You fear people would simply roam the wild and collect the Plort?

I'm saying, some of the challenge is that if you need something, you have to get it before the rest of the slimes do.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkYuxtCeSIE (Skip to 1:30)
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm saying, some of the challenge is that if you need something, you have to get it before the rest of the slimes do.

I am split between the challenge for hunting thing in the wild and utility for the ranch. Say with roaming slime in the garden or cave area and the pool of water. Their is no auto-collector.

Well the concept is here. If it ever reach the dev and they plan to try it, again the price to unlock such an upgrade will need to be pretty high.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:21 pm

I guess it could be limited so that it could only be used on the ranch?

To make sense logically, I guess it could be some sort of attachment to your vacpack that's connected/powered by wires, maybe? So you can't exit your ranch without reaching the end of the wires, so you have to remove it from your vacpack to go out? Yeah, that would work.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby LittleXdav » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Don't know if it also happen to you guys.

It seem like you can fill up coral with water... When I do, I get a huge performance drop... Like unplayable.
LittleXdav
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion