Jet pack is OP

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Jet pack is OP

Postby CoasterMan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
nerdygamer wrote:a teleport to ranch device

This would destroy the purpose of the regular teleporters.

Unless this would skip to morning, as though you "died"?

Haven’t you heard of Emergency Return?
CoasterMan
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 am

nerdygamer wrote:its been a long time since ive been able to play, and ive yet to be able to afford the full game at this time, can i ask if the jet pack is as fun, and if you can explore as well as before? how much has the game even updated?

The game has updated several times recently. The jetpack is a lot of fun, and with enough energy and parkour skills you can get into all sorts of places, but it's very hard to get into areas that are locked. There are a couple of slime gates that you can bypass, but usually just if there's another way around anyway. Besides, once you have the coins to upgrade the jetpack enough to get around, you've probably found the keys already. I can get into the Moss Blanket without a key if I have enough upgrades, but it'd be hard and monotonous to get enough coins and time for those upgrades without getting into the Moss Blanket legitimately, so why bother?

The jetpack is one of my favorite things in the game. I absolutely LOVE how you can fly up and stand on just about everything. Far too many games give you a jetpack or similar and then don't let you actually stand anywhere except the designated areas, but Slime Rancher lets you stand on just about everything. Trees, random rocks, slimes, fruit trees, anything you can find and get up to. No limits except your fuel and how many stepping spots you can find to climb higher. There's a few edge areas you can't really stand on without sliding, but there's nothing interesting around them anyway.

I like to go around The Wilds as high up on everything as I can get while still finding Kookadobas. Most of the slimes either can't reach you up there or fall off when they come towards you. Also fun: seeing how high into an area you can get and how far you can go from there. The Moss Blanket is good for tree-running, though it does make Hunter slimes even harder to find when you're that high off the ground.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 am

Sepolash wrote:Maybe instead of a dying teleporter, there could just be a "I'm stuck" button in the esc menu.

M8. That already exists.
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

BEWARE THE MAN WHO SPEAKS IN HANDS
LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm

nerdygamer wrote:its been a long time since ive been able to play, and ive yet to be able to afford the full game at this time, can i ask if the jet pack is as fun, and if you can explore as well as before? how much has the game even updated?

Holy mother of Necrobumps, Batman.

You can still explore along the outer walls with the Jetpack if you wish. But new zones have been added since so you can't entirely explore the game by running along the walls anymore. Which is good, because that's not the point of the game. Some of the terrain in The Moss Blanket actually takes this age-old obsession into account.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Previous

Return to General Discussion