The Old Slime Gods are watching!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

The Old Slime Gods are watching!

Postby SevJakobs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 pm

At first, I thought they were boulders.It wasn't until my third day I felt an uneasiness, as if someone was watching my every move. Upon closer inspection, I notice those boulders resemble that of the slime that are indigenous to this world. Those ... Old Gods... they are still ... alive!!!
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Re: The Old Slime Gods are watching!

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm

And that boulder in your profile pic is one, you believe?
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby IceThatsCool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:55 pm

put them in cages
This biggest fans of Pink Slime would of course be McDonalds.
IceThatsCool
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:42 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:And that boulder in your profile pic is one, you believe?

I have counted 20 of these stone slimes, with half of them located in the unfinished area near the Moss Blanket the one that looks like a temple of some sort with a ring of small stones at the top of the steps. One you can find half buried in the ground coming out of the tunnel into the area of Tabby', Pink and Blue slimes spawn right before the Large Tabby Slime that is covering the teleporter to the ranch. I get a very Pompeii vibe from these, like they were struck down unawares preserved in time.... and whatever happen to Ol' Hobson, the previous owner of the ranch?
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:03 pm

SevJakobs wrote:

I have counted 20 of these stone slimes, with half of them located in the unfinished area near the Moss Blanket the one that looks like a temple of some sort with a ring of small stones at the top of the steps. One you can find half buried in the ground coming out of the tunnel into the area of Tabby', Pink and Blue slimes spawn right before the Large Tabby Slime that is covering the teleporter to the ranch. I get a very Pompeii vibe from these, like they were struck down unawares preserved in time.... and whatever happen to Ol' Hobson, the previous owner of the ranch?

He probably got eaten by a Tarr. But now I'm really interested in how they're going to implement these statues in the lore.

Or maybe they're just boulders.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
SevJakobs wrote:

He probably got eaten by a Tarr. But now I'm really interested in how they're going to implement these statues in the lore.

Or maybe they're just boulders.

Honestly I like to see one of these statues to come to life after a certain requirement has been met. Preferably the one In the pink slime spawn outside the ranch if its a statue it seems the most out of place.
Attachments
Pink Slime spawn 2.jpg
Pink Slime spawn 2.jpg (45.19 KiB) Viewed 8098 times
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:22 pm

But.. why do they only have one eye? That's creepy and... interesting.

Unless that's not an eye... O_o
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Nakhryn wrote:But.. why do they only have one eye? That's creepy and... interesting.

Sadly I am not a very good photographer. It has two, I should've taken it in the morning when the light is on its face.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:33 pm

SevJakobs wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:But.. why do they only have one eye? That's creepy and... interesting.

Sadly I am not a very good photographer. It has two, I should've taken it in the morning when the light is on its face.

Aaah alright. Hopefully the Devs are going to give us some hints on what those little guys are.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Boulder slimes. Ancient guardians, these golems may activate but under what circumstances?
Hiding
Rancher

Postby SevJakobs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Hiding wrote:Boulder slimes. Ancient guardians, these golems may activate but under what circumstances?

hmm... that would be a good question.

I would like to think of an epic battle with a fat slime where you have to feed it to make it pop for a final key. But only animates after

1. all other areas are unlocked
2. Player wallet equal or greater than X amount
3. Achievements X,X and X completed

Slime would have limited aggro range, where player can run pass and prep for the fight. But there is a timer or bar with how fast the slime burns food so player will have to gather X amount of food. (maybe something like meat) Feed all at once instead of over time.
but said final area would have to have something good, preferably endgame. Maybe free range Golden Slimes?
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby raynewalker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Hiding wrote:Boulder slimes. Ancient guardians, these golems may activate but under what circumstances?

they should come to life when the amount of tarrs is above the amount of slimes in the region/area. to protect the slimes from extinction
raynewalker
Rancher

Return to General Discussion