Interactive house?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Interactive house?

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:45 pm

I already know we have a house, but maybe we should be able to interact with a few things.
-Computer
Maybe if you right-click the computer, you can check your mail. You can get notifications on the bottom right corner of someone wants to trade with you. I heard the developers were making emails from her parents or siblings to learn about her past life, so maybe there can be a special notification for that.

Maybe the computer can be used to see your slimes stats? Of course this may take a long time, so I understand if the developer can't make sure we can see our slime stats.

I think we should be able to buy things like decorations or necessities. It would definitely be useful.
-food and water
Beatrice is a human, right? Or maybe she is an alien from another planet. I'm pretty sure she still needs to eat and drink water anyway, it's something we all need. Maybe, there can be a fridge that has food and water, but a limited supply. This brings us to another suggestion.

Maybe we should be able to get food and water, like cooking hen hens or get water from springs. That might be interesting. Maybe a cooked hen hen could make the slime less hungry.
-sleep
We all need to sleep, and we can sleep but there's no point since we can pull an all-nighter every single day. Maybe Beatrice should get tired, and get knocked out if she stays up too long. Before that, she should get a up energy drain and it's harder to regenerate.

Maybe she can get better sleep if she has a better bed, which is explained in computers where you can buy things. You can buy a new bed to get a good night's sleep.
-end
I do not expect this to be in the game, but if it was, I think it would be a nice edition.
I'm not secretly a honey tabby largo using its squishy bottom to type in human language.

I'm also a big fan of roleplay!

I wonder why you're reading this big block of text. Are you bored?
HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Re: Interactive house?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri May 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Exploring your house should be a thing.

That part about emails from family is right. Even now in the game's code (sorry for digging) there's a category called Personal Mails and someone named Casey.

No need to say anything about decorations.

Food, Water and Sleep should be incorporated into usual day at the Range, since Beatrix is a human, and our species need this.

Overall, nice ideas! :)
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Shiverlry » Fri May 20, 2016 5:18 pm

With the invention of video games and internet, people will slowly evolve out of ever needing any sleep...some are halfway there...

Anyways, interesting with the house sounds interesting. I definitely wish there was a bigger incentive for actually going inside the house. Maybe make the house upgradable too. It could use a basement. That alone has so much potential.

Also, if Beatrix has a Computer that I can interact with, she better own a copy of Slime Rancher. I love that game, and I wouldn't want to miss out on playing it. : P
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Vacuum Slime (needs feedback)
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat May 21, 2016 3:05 am

Shiverlry wrote:With the invention of video games and internet, people will slowly evolve out of ever needing any sleep...some are halfway there...

Anyways, interesting with the house sounds interesting. I definitely wish there was a bigger incentive for actually going inside the house. Maybe make the house upgradable too. It could use a basement. That alone has so much potential.

Also, if Beatrix has a Computer that I can interact with, she better own a copy of Slime Rancher. I love that game, and I wouldn't want to miss out on playing it. : P

It needs to let us play Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher in Slime Rancher.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:39 am

Thanks for your guys feedback! Here is some more things I think should be added:
-expansions
Expansions are for used to unlock a bigger kitchen, a living room, a bedroom, so on and so forth. They should cost money, about 500. The expansions are big, so they are definitely worth it. You can unlock new decorations and necessities for a expansion.
-desktop
There should be a desktop where again, you can view you slimes stats. Like hunger, thirst, happiness, stuff like that. I prefer a high-tech device to be on the desktop to view your slimes stats.

You can also view some books about slime ranching at the bottom of your desk. This will tell you how to take care of slimes properly and is preferred for noobs.
-tutorial involving going into the house
There is not actually a tutorial of getting into the house, so maybe like a tutorial of the basic features of the house. That way, people can discover what the house uses are for until *ahem* it's too late and they get knocked out.
-pet slime
It is optional, but you can add in a slime into your house into your backyard (expansion required) and if you add in another slime, they both gain happiness. (Don't add the same type, or else your going to get a largo) there is free food if you grow plants there and endless spawning hen hens there.

I'm running out of ideas! Feel free to give feedback and add on!
I'm not secretly a honey tabby largo using its squishy bottom to type in human language.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Sat May 21, 2016 7:08 am

Interactive house... That might have strayed a bit far from the focus of the game.

Pet Slime? I want that badly. It would be better if we can name it (Name will show when the crosshair is facing it). For example, a Pink Slime named Pinky, when the crosshair is facing it, instead of showing up as "Pink Slime Diet: Everything", it will show as "Pinky Diet: Everything".

As for more ideas...
For the Auto-Feeder, instead of letting it shoot food at a timed interval, how about making it shoot food when it detect a hungry Slime within the Corral?
Slime Rancher is the first ever game I purchased from Steam, being not able to resist the cuteness.
Too bad they removed the smile from Puddle Slimes...
Currently my favorite largo is Tabby Rock Slime. It's blue, it has a wiggling tail, and it rolls.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Location: Grinding hard in Granblue Fantasy and wrangling Slimes in Slime Rancher

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:21 am

WhiteSaturn wrote:Interactive house... That might have strayed a bit far from the focus of the game.

Pet Slime? I want that badly. It would be better if we can name it (Name will show when the crosshair is facing it). For example, a Pink Slime named Pinky, when the crosshair is facing it, instead of showing up as "Pink Slime Diet: Everything", it will show as "Pinky Diet: Everything".

As for more ideas...
For the Auto-Feeder, instead of letting it shoot food at a timed interval, how about making it shoot food when it detect a hungry Slime within the Corral?

I like your idea for an auto-feeder, since sometimes it shoots at the wrong time and it can be left untouched. I'll add that in my idea. I tried making some details for the interactive house useful, like the desktop.
-naming slimes
You can name your pet slimes and you can interact with them. You can play ball, and this will let their happiness boost a bit. Also, you can take pictures of your pet slime and display them on your wall.
-camera
The camera can be used for taking pictures and displaying them inside your house. You can choose the frame, filters, and a few other things. This doesn't need to be added to the game, but it's a nice touch.
-auto feeder
The auto feeder now will throw food at a hungry slime. No food wasted!

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Sat May 21, 2016 7:27 am

HoneyTabby336 wrote:I like your idea for an auto-feeder, since sometimes it shoots at the wrong time and it can be left untouched.

It ain't actually sometimes... It's ALWAYS.

Anyway, Cake Slime.
Looks a a jelly cake with eyes and mouth. Baking a cake is now much more easier by just dropping a Cake Plort in water.
Slime Rancher is the first ever game I purchased from Steam, being not able to resist the cuteness.
Currently my favorite largo is Tabby Rock Slime. It's blue, it has a wiggling tail, and it rolls.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Location: Grinding hard in Granblue Fantasy and wrangling Slimes in Slime Rancher

Postby Chcocolat2 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:55 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Food, Water and Sleep should be incorporated into usual day at the Range, since Beatrix is a human, and our species need this.

yup that could be cool for the rp of the game and it would make the 24hours achevement harder (a bit at least) for now just stay out of your ranch at night time in real life and wake up and go to ranch but with water and food supplies that would not be possible.
plus i want a co-op gaming mode even if the FAQ says there isn't any planned for yet, i am feeling lonely on my ranch with my millions, i also need somting to spend on .
Chcocolat2
Plort

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Maybe there should be coffee for the 24 hours achievement. It gives you an energy boost and it helps you stay up later, but if you drink too much, you'll pass out. I think that should be helpful.
-coffee

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Sat May 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Slimes are fun seeking creatures, always out looking for fun. When a rancher Vac up a Slime or a Largo, they will show the expression of "Are we going on an adventure" when glued to your screen.

This is why, I present:
The Slime Playground!
-Build on an empty plot like a Corral, Coop, etc.
-If you plop Slimes into it, they will play in it and boosts their happiness.

Anyway, about the Cake Slime:
-Diet: Fruit
-Favorite food: Honey Plort (Will not turn into a Largo)
-Pseudo-Legendary (Half as rare as the Gold Slime)
-Produces Cake Plort, which will turn into a cake when a rancher shoots water (1 unit) at it. Cake is Pink Slime's favorite food. When a Pink Slime eat a Cake, it produce 5 Pink Plorts instead of 2.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun May 22, 2016 4:25 am

Ok. I'm going to make a scratch flash thing of this. Post your ideas on this and I'll draw them in.

PS. I just found the size editor. Yay!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun May 22, 2016 4:45 am

Log 1:

I have made the background for the scene. I will be adding the computer soon!

My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:56 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Log 1:

I have made the background for the scene. I will be adding the computer soon!

Cool! Maybe you should be able to customize the walls, and get new sheets and pillows!
(again, decoration store. Maybe it should be called IDEA or Carrot? (Ikea and target, just that the fact that using that name is copyrighted and such.)

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon May 23, 2016 11:28 am

Hooray!

Test 1 ready! The computer only blinks right now, but I have a problem.

I can't draw a quality image of the front of the computer. Please help! I have an image of the computer here. Thanks!

My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Hooray!

Test 1 ready! The computer only blinks right now, but I have a problem.

I can't draw a quality image of the front of the computer. Please help! I have an image of the computer here. Thanks!

Nice job! Your idea is great! Don't worry, you can search up pictures of computers and try using those to draw a computer.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby Nick » Mon May 23, 2016 3:09 pm

I'd love to make the house interactive! But it's a question of resources. Right now it would be very costly for not a lot of payoff other than it would be neat to walk around in it. But it's certainly an area that I think needs a facelift, so your ideas are welcome.
Nick
Developer

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Thank you! It's fine if you don't implement every bit of my idea, but I'd appreciate it if you add some details in. I'm still putting in a few more ideas!
Choice of wallpaper and floor:
You can get a new wallpaper by ordering it in the decorations menu! It comes with different slime wallpapers and floors. Bonus feature: you can paint the walls yourself! This feature does not have to be included.
Possible decoration options:
This is one of my idea for the chair. I hope this helps to inspire anyone to make a futuristic chair for Beatrice!

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Mon May 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I prefer a Slime Bean Bag.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Postby WhiteSaturn » Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 am

What I imagined for the furniture catalog:

-Slime Bean Bag. Comes in different variation (Pink, Tabby, Gold)
-A sound system, with speakers that looks like Boom Slimes. Feeling that your bass ain't good enough? No more.
-A hanging lamp, which looks like a Phosphor Slime
-An alarm clock, which looks like a Rad Slime
-A drink/coffee maker which looks like a Honey Slime with mouth wide open (That's where you should put your mug). As for the honeycombs on its forehead, those are buttons.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:24 am

I think that's a good idea. Say, do you have any images of what you imagine? You don't have to have an image, I'm just asking.
Rugs!
Rugs can make you relax a little bit more and get your energy up. It is also another feature where you can play with your pet slime! Can be found with slime rugs, normal rugs, and plort rugs! Preferably 150 newbucks.
Storage:
You already have a dresser, so you can store anything you want in there! Food sources and slimes can not be stuffed inside a dresser. I'm pretty sure they'll faint without air.

What else should I put in?

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Tue May 24, 2016 5:26 am

HoneyTabby336 wrote:I think that's a good idea. Say, do you have any images of what you imagine?

Sorry. I don't have any skills to create those things unless it's Minecraft-related (pixelated & blocky).
My drawing sucks too.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:30 am

WhiteSaturn wrote:
Sorry. I don't have any skills to create those things unless it's Minecraft-related (pixelated & blocky).
My drawing sucks too.

Don't worry! I'm kinda the same, except I can kind of make furniture and pets. You can recommend one of our artists on the forums to create your style!

Wow, that sounds like an advertisement!

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby WhiteSaturn » Tue May 24, 2016 5:34 am

HoneyTabby336 wrote:Don't worry! I'm kinda the same, except I can kind of make furniture and pets. You can recommend one of our artists on the forums to create your style!

Wow, that sounds like an advertisement!

I'm actually a Minecraft artist (I guess). I create 3D Minecraft scenes, models for mods, and textures.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:39 am

Cool! I just realized that I've forgot to add one more thing!
Garden:
You can grow a garden in your backyard or just a simple little pot in your bedroom. You have to water it every day, or else it will die out. This is most suitable for people who experience a lot of tarr invasions or work with largos.

Your pet slime can be able to eat these so they can be fed everyday without you having to feed them! And, since I'm lazy that's what I'm most likely to do.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion