Great job! Feelings on v 3.1

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Great job! Feelings on v 3.1

Postby Shugarshock » Wed May 11, 2016 5:21 pm

First off, a big shout out to to the Monomi Park team. You guys work so hard to make this game possible, and it blows my mind how open you are to fan support. I think you really have something special here! Thank you for all that you have done! You guys rock!

Onto my unqualified feedback on the latest update! I went into the update completely blind; I didn't even know it happened until I opened Steam.

First off, that expansion in the back of the overgrowth made my jaw drop. It was so exciting to explore it! I thought it was interesting that there was both heart beats and cueberries there, as I usually consider them a rare breed of food. I might be inclined to suggest to make some of these foods more sparse. Fruits and veggies other than the carrot and the pogo fruit are favorites of a particular slime, and thus create more profit for the rancher when found in greater quantities. By nerfing the amount of these items found naturally, it would encourage the player to grow them on their own. As of right now, I could easily keep my auto-feeder at least at half capacity by wild heart beats alone. But that's just my suggestion.

The key animation is also top notch! I absolutely adore it. And the new art for the fruits and veggies is amazing! I'm hoping you keep the description design in the slimepedia, because I feel like it fits the overall atmosphere of the game.

The feral slimes actually scared the pants off of me. It really gets the point across that they are hungry and want food NOW! I'm more afraid of them than the Tarr now!

I am so so so happy that the chicken spawning is fixed in the overgrowth. The overgrowth is the real MVP of this update.

I was wondering when that radar would come in handy. I saw it in the options and wondered what it would do for a long time.

My only suggestion for a future update would be to make the flashlight a bought accessory. You could power it with phosphor slime plorts! Come to think of it, it would be cool if you were able to power upgrades on the ranch with particular plorts. Like, if you had a machine that could be powered with rad plorts. Just throwing ideas out there.

Overall I give the latest update a 4/4 gold plorts!

*EDIT* I just realized its 3.1 and not 3.0c whoops
Shugarshock
Rancher

Return to General Discussion