To create a better feel for the Plort Market

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

To create a better feel for the Plort Market

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 pm

The Plort Market is a very useful tool for telling what's hot and what's not so hot, but it can be improved in certain ways to make it feel much more dynamic.

Sure it may be a bit more complicated then what we're used to, but we need a reason to not constantly just sell 2 types of plorts and not care if they are worth 30 anymore.

1. A supply and demand graph. Rather then just showing us how much they cost, we can sell based on what we see on the graph (We can set the price by pressing a button) They wont be sold 100% of the time if sold too high, and if sold lower then competition (See suggestion 2) Yours will be sold 100% guarantee. To make this easier to comprehend, we should have an 'average sell price' for each day if possible, so nobody gets confused on how much they should be selling.

2. Competition. It just isn't fun to feel like a Tycoon after 5 days of ranching, we need some competition to give more of a unique challenge, for example, some other ranch could be selling Honey Plorts for 40 some day, and another rancher is selling Honey for 45, you can see here how much plorts they have to sell, you should be able to buy plorts from them (So if you want to basically own all of the market if you have a bunch of cash lying around, go ahead) The one selling for 40 is meeting just about what people are looking to buy from the S/D chart, and buy from him instead of the one selling for 45, but if you came and sold for 35, you would steal all customers from the one buying for 35. You should be able to bank plorts into a machine nearby where they get sold as customers buy them. But the possible drawback for this is that you have met demand, and the demand will lower, so you'll have to sell for lower as your competition realizes the same.

3. Buying plorts from other people. Plorts should be used for other things, so if they do, this should be an option.

This may be too complicated, but it shouldn't be too hard to understand if gotten used to by players.

This is just a weird idea btw.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Re: To create a better feel for the Plort Market

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:48 pm

I mean, it's a decent idea BUT we really don't need it. The market is made to be a quick way to sell your plorts and it needs to stay simple. When I sell plorts, I don't want to wait to get my money. Unless you mean that it would be instantaneous and an algorithm would estimate how many plorts you sold.
Last edited by Nakhryn on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Nakhryn wrote:I mean, it's a decent idea BUT we really don,t need it. The market is made to be a quick way to sell your plorts and it needs to stay simple. When I sell plorts, I don't want to wait to get my money. Unless you mean that it would be instantaneous and an algorithm would estimate how many plorts you sold.

Pretty much what you said.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:55 pm

I don't know I really love annalytics about supply and demand.

It would be nice to be able to access a screen in which it shows a graph over the last three 'game days' showing the demand for certain plorps, which can indicate which ones may be in demand that day.

If you don't care about said information you can ignore it, but if you do, it can be a useful tool in 'min-maxing' your plort selling.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 pm

xenxander wrote:I don't know I really love annalytics about supply and demand.

It would be nice to be able to access a screen in which it shows a graph over the last three 'game days' showing the demand for certain plorps, which can indicate which ones may be in demand that day.

If you don't care about said information you can ignore it, but if you do, it can be a useful tool in 'min-maxing' your plort selling.

Pretty much the entire point of this. The board of 'plort value' should remain there, for the more simple rancher.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Return to General Discussion