Auto Harvester and other suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Auto Harvester and other suggestions

Postby Bunzilla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 am

Hi, I've just started playing this game today, and I love it. I do have a couple of suggestions though, for garden upgrades. One would be an auto-harvester feature. It could gather maybe 50 of the crop you're growing, if you're not around to collect the crop.

Another one would be an automatic re-seeder for things like carrots. It would automatically re-seed the garden plot for you.

Another suggestion would be that you could take foods out of the auto-feeder... because I can't be the only one who's accidentally put the wrong type of food in there... >__>''

Edit:
I just remembered a couple of other things that I would love to see in this game. One is a mini-map. It can be pretty hard to find your way around some of the zones.

And another would be a 3D interior for your house :) Possibly with some more features and functions
Bunzilla
Plort

Re: Auto Harvester and other suggestions

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Pretty sure 3D interior is already planned. The Autoharvester is something that a LOT of players have been asking for and will probably be added. The minimap wouldn't really be a good idea because you'd be able to find every hidden Gordos or rare fruits and veggies. And I think you're still playing in version 0.2.1 because you don't need to re-seed your gardens anymore. :P

Edit: You still need to replant your crops. My game is probably glitched.
Last edited by Nakhryn on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:58 pm

What I want is an auto-harvester for a pond. You put water slimes in the pond and that's fine. However you have to go into the pond, collect the slimes and the plorts, as well as probably some water, and then ditch the water and re-deposit the slimes back into the pond.

I want the water plorts to collect somehow.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:03 pm

xenxander wrote:What I want is an auto-harvester for a pond. You put water slimes in the pond and that's fine. However you have to go into the pond, collect the slimes and the plorts, as well as probably some water, and then ditch the water and re-deposit the slimes back into the pond.

But how would they do that? If we put a vacuum like regular Corrals, it would drain the water aswell. And to be honest, for how much they're worth, it's worth the trouble.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
xenxander wrote:What I want is an auto-harvester for a pond. You put water slimes in the pond and that's fine. However you have to go into the pond, collect the slimes and the plorts, as well as probably some water, and then ditch the water and re-deposit the slimes back into the pond.

But how would they do that? If we put a vacuum like regular Corrals, it would drain the water aswell. And to be honest, for how much they're worth, it's worth the trouble.

Their value can drop rapidly though if you have about 6 bubble slimes and sell their plorts for two days. How does the auto-harvester work, sucking up plorts but not food? Don't mingle realism into this debate, it's a sci-fi world, you will lose xD

Okay okay, for the sake of completion, say it's a water filtration system where water passes through, like a fountain, and the plorts are filtered out via a screen. You see? It's an easy explanation.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Nakhryn wrote:And I think you're still playing in version 0.2.1 because you don't need to re-seed your gardens anymore. :P

Edit: You still need to replant veggies

You need to replant ALL crops.

In Etalyx's most recent video, his Cuberries died and he had to replant. (Yes, he's in 2.2.)

I don't know why yours don't, bug report it if they still don't after a few days.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:And I think you're still playing in version 0.2.1 because you don't need to re-seed your gardens anymore. :P

In Etalyx's most recent video, his Cuberries died and he had to replant. (Yes, he's in 2.2.)

I don't know why yours don't, bug report it if they still don't after a few days.

Yeah every crop needs reseeding but to reseed it takes effort. You can't just plop a crop into the machine and have it reseed, you have to wait until the crop expires first, which is stupid.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:

Edited my post. Thanks for reminding me about the bug report part of the game. I totally forgot about it :P
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm

xenxander wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:

Yeah every crop needs reseeding but to reseed it takes effort. You can't just plop a crop into the machine and have it reseed, you have to wait until the crop expires first, which is stupid.

It doesn't take effort to wait until it expires...
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:29 pm

If you harvest it before it expires you won't know it is on its last cycle and you may feed all of your crop to your slimes. You come back and realize your crop is gone and don't have a fruit/veg to replant.
Trust me it's effort to keep things on stock.
xenxander
Rancher

Return to General Discussion