Insects + Spider Slime suggestion.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Insects + Spider Slime suggestion.

Postby CrazeePi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:25 am

These creatures will be a new kind of food for slimes, and might be kept in Coops similarly to Hen Hens. They don't need any sort of Roostro to breed, just another of the same insect, but to make up for this they die after a few days. Insects could be things like beetles, ants, and maybe even water striders that have to be kept in ponds.

To tie into the insects, new slimes could be added. One idea could be a Spider Slime, which would of course eat insects. Their appearance is a brown with 8 small eyes instead of 2. It's said that if a Spider Rad Largo bites you, you'll gain Spider Slime powers, that or extra limbs you didn't need. The Spider Slime is rather sticky, allowing it to stick to and jump off walls, usually away from the wall, unless it's really hungry and wants out of a corral. Their plorts can be refined into a sticky aupstance which is often used in things such as duct tape and glue (WARNING: Once stuck to something it may be stuck there permanently.)
(Drawn by Wonda)
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Re: Insects + Spider Slime suggestion.

Postby CrazeePi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:20 pm

I refuse to go out with 0 replies.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:38 pm

I LOVE it! The idea is very creative and Wonda makes amazing art as always!
Now this next idea is a bit far fetched but I think they could add something like a Terrarium where insects would spawn and multiply freely. The setting (and maybe what type of insect would spawn) could change depending on where you built it. Not only would it be a nice food source, it would look good!
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Webplorts can be used to research and make the protective netting upgrade to pens.

Also maybe give the thing legs?
Hiding
Rancher

Postby Alrom » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:06 pm

I actually really like the idea for insects as food. And we can have a big variety as you mentioned. Bull beetle, gold beetle, giant ant, fire ant. Maybe some more fantasy like insects.

And slimes like... Frog slimes or the mentioned spider slime could really fit well in the game.
Alrom
Chickadoo

Postby IceThatsCool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Ooooo... nice idea!
This biggest fans of Pink Slime would of course be McDonalds.
IceThatsCool
Rancher

Postby JanineLaurelwood » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm

i love it soooo much
JanineLaurelwood
Plort

Postby Gobledigmus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:01 pm

There's already a thread for posting your own slime ideas called "your custom slime!":
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166

I think it's better to not spam multiple threads like that if you also can write it into the already existing fitting threads.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Gobledigmus wrote:There's already a thread for posting your own slime ideas called "your custom slime!":
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166

I think it's better to not spam multiple threads like that if you also can write it into the already existing fitting threads.

Just let them post their ideas where they know someone is going to see them. Not lost in 4 pages of similar ideas.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:01 am

Nakhryn wrote:I LOVE it! The idea is very creative and Wonda makes amazing art as always!
Now this next idea is a bit far fetched but I think they could add something like a Terrarium where insects would spawn and multiply freely. The setting (and maybe what type of insect would spawn) could change depending on where you built it. Not only would it be a nice food source, it would look good!

I kinda wanted to do a coop since it would let them be able to provide two different kinds of food, similar to how gardens can provide two different kinds of food. Though it would be neat and would possibly allow for {somewhat} flying insects.

Hiding wrote:Webplorts can be used to research and make the protective netting upgrade to pens.

Also maybe give the thing legs?

I wouldn't do that because it would be weird for a slime to have legs.

Alrom wrote:I actually really like the idea for insects as food. And we can have a big variety as you mentioned. Bull beetle, gold beetle, giant ant, fire ant. Maybe some more fantasy like insects.

And slimes like... Frog slimes or the mentioned spider slime could really fit well in the game.

Yeah, I might work on making some actual bugs later.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Return to General Discussion